Codes
WiiRd forum
November 18, 2019, 01:51:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on the new server

Update 4.3 - do NOT update!
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Should I get a USB Gecko, I wanna hack?
How do I use my USB Gecko
Where can I get WiiRd?

Home   CODE DATABASE GAMEHACKING Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Code Dumps and Analyzing Exception Codes  (Read 3983 times)
milw0rm

« on: May 02, 2009, 07:38:03 AM »

Yup, the Topic name told you what UI want to know. In Win32 RE an Excetpion is, as wikipedia says:
"Exception handling is a programming language construct or computer hardware mechanism designed to handle the occurrence of exceptions - special conditions that change the normal flow of execution.

Unlike signals and event handlers that are part of the normal program flow, exceptions are typically used to signal that something went wrong (e.g. a division by zero occurred or a required file was not found). Exceptions are raised or thrown (initiated) by either the hardware or the program itself by using a special command. [...]"

Ok, but what is a Code Dump with all the Numbers (hex)? I think they are registers of the PPC, but I am not sure... can someone proof it and tell me? There is always a DAR: Bushing told TehSkeen.Com as Twilight Hack alpha was coded, T_T (= Team Twiizer ^^) wants to use a special DAR Exception. I don't get it :-)
Would be great if someone could explain it, because many guys are asking, 1) what an exception CODE DUMP is, and 2) WHY there actually is an exception Tongue

Thanks in advance
-m.
Romaap
Hacker
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »

1) try to load Gecko with BannerBomb Wink
2) because something happened that shouldn't have happened
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: