Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using GameShark codes with Wii64 save state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using GameShark codes with Wii64 save state.

Stuff needed:

Calculator
    Some GameShark codes of course
    Hex Editor (I prefer Hex Editor Neo)
    7-zip

Now let's start:

Extract the game's save state out of it's archive, it should be st0,st1,st2 etc to somewhere on your HDD (preferably the desktop)

To use get the code you want, it should start with 80 or 81. Now when you've found what you're looking for go to your calculator and add the last six values in it. Here's an example, Mario 64 USA:

Mario's cap:
    Original GameShark address: 8033B177

Now remove the 80 from the code and we have 33B177, now on your calculator select HEX and add in this address 33B177.
    Next click the + (plus) symbol and put value 190 and click the = (equals) and you'll get address 33B307. Since the extracted save is 10.01 MB with every game it should work with all games. (well the ones that run anyway).

After all that just open up the hex editor and go to the address given by the calculator and patch the value(s) with what you want then save it.

After you're done just put the decompressed hacked save file back into it's st0,st1,st2, etc archive and load it in Wii64.
    Also note that codes that need to be frozen (80/81) will not stay frozen as this is only you writing to the file once.

However, codes that are ROM data will stay working.
    Last edited by 47iscool; 06-07-2014, 03:49:39 PM. Reason: several things

this type of method of hacking is not new.

and can be done on any game save file and savestates.
    lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
    When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
    *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
    >)

Comment

Originally posted by lee4 View Post
      this type of method of hacking is not new.

and can be done on any game save file and savestates.
      Yeah I know, just giving some pointers for those who don't know about it. I found the N64 starting RAM address (which starts at 0x190) by using some simple math.
      Last edited by 47iscool; 12-13-2013, 11:59:31 AM.

Comment

Any clue for posibilty covert tut hexaddres into xml, i need to know if this trick also hapened on wii games, i love to swap usin method like that.im askin becouse i dunt have legaly console, i play usin dulphindood
        dood! im a uniter, not a divider dood

Comment

Originally posted by olala View Post
          Any clue for posibilty covert tut hexaddres into xml, i need to know if this trick also hapened on wii games, i love to swap usin method like that.im askin becouse i dunt have legaly console, i play usin dulphindood
          That won't work on Dolphin, it's only for Wii64 save states dood. BTW you can make codes for virtual console games using Dolphin.
          If you mean like porting GameShark codes to it that would require memory dumps and whatnot.
          Last edited by 47iscool; 12-13-2013, 11:43:58 AM.

Comment

And how works this on Not64 save states they are eep files and i' can not extract with 7zip

This is an Nintendo 64 code of Donkey Kong 64

Infinite Health
            817FCB8A 0004 and what about the 0004 is this not important

Alone the
            817FCB8A without the 0004 ?

7FCB88A these adress in the calculater on HEX than+ 190 = 7FCD1A right ???

but what i'm doing with my Hex Editor starts up okay search this adress 7FCD1A and than???

but i'm a problem with the .eep how did it extract Wii64swap how it works ???
            Last edited by Arnachy69; 02-05-2015, 04:52:10 PM.

Comment

on not64 you need to click on current rom and choose where you want to save the savestate and choose the slot too

Comment

Working...
              X