Geiger mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geiger mystery

So I decided to try to make a WTW code for Mystic Ark (SNES). I started by turning out a couple of coordinate codes, 7E09A1** and 7E09A4** in ZSNES and then I tried to use Geiger's to break them. I came up with this, C4339601, for vertical passage through objects, and for horizontal passage.... nothing. Just nothing, Geiger wouldn't register a thing.

I tried the same thing in Brain Lord and got the same results. C08A5601 for vertical passage and nothing else. Is it just Enix games? What an I doing wrong here?

Make sure you have his newer versions, here is his site with the latest debugger http://geigercount.net/crypt/ althou I could never get it running it always had some error on startup so I used the latest that worked and I tested that game with the RAM addresses and always had breaks. I included it in this post.
    Attached Files
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I get the same error message with the latest version. I don't know how to differentiate between RAM addresses and any other addresses in Geiger's, pathetic I know, but It's OK because I found code I was looking for by checking read instead of write. ...Read is the RAM address isn't it?

Comment

umm no, you set a break with those RAM addresses you provided the PAR codes if you will,7E09A1 and 7E09A4 . You will set it to break on write or read depending on what your looking to do,if its read anything that is written to that address will show up as a break. There can be many breaks on 1 addresses especially if you set it to read,after you have a break I hit the Disassemble button and change the initial address range to something like -10hex from the starting address to see the instructions that are being called out before my break. Hope this helps.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Ah I see. Thanks, this will certainly help in the future.

Comment

If you're getting startup errors with the debugger you may need the latest C++ runtime files, there's a discussion thread on it somewhere over at RHDN forums.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, so this is the file needed http://geigercount.net/crypt/vcredist_x86.exe .I used it and it fixed the startup issue.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X