Robotnik's revenge raw stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotnik's revenge raw stuff

Ok I'm trying to understand how the raw codes work for the Sega Genesis I was writing down codes for robotnik's revenge
    I saw this code FFFFFA:0001 80 rings which is wrong so I changed 1,2,4 letters to this 01F0FA:0001 and got this game genie code AH2A-CAH4 is this the correct code?

Did you test your Game Genie code? I can guarantee it won't work. You can not directly convert a Genesis RAM address/code into a raw ROM address/Game Genie code. This is important, so I'll reiterate: you can NOT directly convert a Genesis RAM address into a ROM address.

You can however, use a RAM address to help you find out where in a ROM that RAM address is being used. One of the best ways to do that is with an emulator that has a debugger built in, and set a breakpoint for your RAM address. The debugger will show you where in the ROM your RAM address is being written to, or read from.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony H View Post
      Did you test your Game Genie code? I can guarantee it won't work. You can not directly convert a Genesis RAM address/code into a raw ROM address/Game Genie code. This is important, so I'll reiterate: you can NOT directly convert a Genesis RAM address into a ROM address.

You can however, use a RAM address to help you find out where in a ROM that RAM address is being used. One of the best ways to do that is with an emulator that has a debugger built in, and set a breakpoint for your RAM address. The debugger will show you where in the ROM your RAM address is being written to, or read from.
      No haven't tested the game genie code but I was trying to see if I did this the right way of trying to fix it so I don't know if the game genie code works that I made all I know to change FFFFFA:0001 the first and second and fourth digits I understand where those are at when I change them in to game genie codes the correct way

Comment

I don't know where you heard about changing the 1st, 2nd, and 4th digits in a Genesis RAM address to "fix" it, but that is absolutely not true.
        The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Sorry I messed up I meant the second and fourth digits 010100:0000 I get this AAAT-CAAA I know where those digit changing when I put in the right number I know I'm confusing you with it but I'm willing to try to get this right I'm not using emulator I'm on the datebase doing this

Comment

0*0*00:0000 the second digit is the fifth slot of the game game and the forth digit is the forth slot of the game genie AAA*-*AAA I know this not making any sense but this making my brain overwhelmed trying to explain it the right way
            Last edited by daminmancejin; 06-25-2022, 09:25:07 PM.

Comment

For robotnik's revenge I figured out the forth and fifth slot that was needed to get the right letters for the codes to work
              A-C T-C or A-A T-A

Comment

A10T-CABW this code works that I made stay in orbit when you jump to come back down Hold any jump button

Comment

Working...
                X