Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socom Combined Assault MIPS/Assembely Hackers Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom Combined Assault MIPS/Assembely Hackers Needed!

I have Created this Thread to Keep Things a bit organized from my other Thread.

Specifically I am Referring to the 1.4 Patched Version of Socom CA

To make Things Short and Sweet There is another Thread where I am Attempting to Reverse Engineer some of the "Socom CA Online Community functions" and I Am Also Trying to Replace a Certificate in the Game. This Isnt a Game Server Project as in Gameplay but its more or less to Build some of the surrounding features that will be required for the online mode to work, Such as Clans,Friends,Messages,Patches,stats,ETC

Essentially I am looking for someone who has or can figure out how to write codes that will let me get to and allow me to bypass the Following Screens in the screen shots below, Please Note that I found a Youtube Video online and Took Screenshots of the online menus to kind of point to what i am trying to get to. I need to Go Through these videos more to See if there are any other Points of interest that i would like to Examine. If Anyone is Willing to Search for and Provide Codes Please Take Care not to Block attempted Communication to the Server or Change the Ports or the addresses that the game is looking for. It is Important not to Kill these requests, my Current Goal is to find all the Querystrings,Fields, and everything else needed to write server sided code that might be compatible with the XML/JSP/SVML portion of the Game.

The Reason I need Codes to Bypass some of These screens is because I currently cannot do anything about the initial packet that is sent out when requesting the Universe Listings, GTLCPIMP referred to a SCERT Request, I later Found a Certificate Embedded in the Game that was made by the "SCERT root authority" and I found strings referencing a what appears to be "scertGameID" "gameName" querystrings and a what appears to be "SCERT_GAME_ID_INVALID" and "GAME_NAME_INVALID" game states or perhaps Request/Response headers..

At this Time I suspect that the Certificate is used to Sign the data when requesting or posting information to/from the server relating to the scertGameID and gameName so that it can be verified on the Server for Authenticity purposes (Such as Keeping one Medius Title from connecting to another) I should Also note that the Certificate that i found embedded in the game appears to be a match for the socom 3 disk as well, and the DNAS_MC.erx module also has the same checksum as SocomCA, So Im Sure that Finding a way to replace it will be needed And to Do that it will require Creating a custom patch and signing it with the DNAS_MC and/or the other ISCK module, and Also being able to Create the Patch so that should be left for another time,

Pretty Much Using Codes to bypass some of these functions Will enable me to Start creating a "prototype" because i will be able to bypass the initial universe selector screens and get into the interface and be able to start on getting it to establish a connection to another server and then i can work on Creating An authentication system( for logins), The Community System For the Stats and shit i mentioned above,once I know its possible to do this i can start working on a way to replace the certificate and start researching on how to create a Servlet to handle the universe and lobby selector and working on a way to be able to do this without codes.

Anywho These are Some screen shots Of areas I need to Be Able to Both Bypass and get to.

Universe Selector (Can Already get to this) (Need a Bypass)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2017-10-18_11-22-33.png
Views:	99
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	195209
    Server News (I need to be able to Get here but I also need to bypass it so that I can get to the main online menu, I will have to Come back to this after i reverse the Community area But I Have no Idea where it originally feteched the Server news From so i might not be able to get that function working right away)

Name:	chrome_2017-10-18_11-23-45.png
Views:	43
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	195210
    EULA Screen
    No Screen Shot FOR EULA (Yet)

Login (There are more Pictures of this Coming, Im just peering through tons of videos trying to find the right shots)

Name:	chrome_2017-10-18_11-23-18.png
Views:	42
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	195211
    Lobby/Server Selector

The Online Menu CO-OP , Normal game Briefing Room Selectors ,Clans,Friends , (I really Need to be able to get here, This is what Im Seeking to Play with first)

Name:	chrome_2017-10-18_11-24-02.png
Views:	45
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	195212

I have an Operational DNASrep server vhost and a private DNS server running that will allow the game to pass the dnas check without codes and will redirect the game to a server I control.

There is a Code out there Somewhere that will also Disable the error message on disconnects, I have it somewhere and i also have the 1.4 patch Both in its "encrypted" and "decrypted" form,

If anyone wants to Try and take a crack at finding codes to get to these menus, I can send you the patch if you contact me privately,

Once I can get into these menus I will be able to Start Producing server sided code to handle some of these functions,

Right now There is No Private Socom Server out there, and The information out there is limited and anyone who has potentially written anything in the past wont release it, Im not going to say any names in particular There also Seems to be a problem with People thinking they know everything about the game yet no server exists, No one wants to work together, and no one wants to release any code. I Cannot Read Most Assembly code, However I have some experience in Working with server sided applications, I have never Coded a Custom Servlet from scratch before but im pretty sure i can at miniumum get a proof of concept- with a partially functional "prototype".

I have a lot of Speculation as to why people don't release code (Leechers,Greed,Control Freaks,Plagiarism,Etc,) Anywho Once i am Able to start Writing Server sided Code I Plan on Releasing the Code I Write onto a Github Project so that anyone can contribute or have a copy,
    Not to mention There are people just waiting for someone else to get something done so that they can just open up the code in an IDE and stick their own name and credit on it (Not saying any Names, But I know who you are and people have warned me about you)

I Also have a Few theories on How The Certificate can be Replaced in that patch of the game, And i Also have a few theories on how we can get the server 1.4 patch to work without codes

If People are working together on Different Aspects of a Project to Achieve a Unified Goal and the code is open sourced on github, Then there wont be any question as to who coded what and who contributed what fixes, and if someone decides to fork that code and adapt it whatever way they want then so be it, Its going to be a very tough task to accomplish the End Game Goal anyways, once the code exists to run a server one will already be opened, and the leechers probably wont be able to figure out how to get the application working anyhow.

I dont wanna hear about how people should take donations, and then charge for a private server when one is opened, I have talked with quite a bit of people and i have heard all kinds of crazy shit and pure ludicrous, Like no one is going to pay to Play socom online and The last thing anyone wants is a Team of Bloodthirsty SCEA lawyers after them.

and then i have heard ideas from people that sound real great and could be benefitial but before people start thinking about custom game modes and other shit,

I think that Getting things working "normally" first would be the better route to take before trying to go and create a bunch of code to make the game behave differently..

If anyone Else has a Better Idea, Please Id like to hear your thoughts.

This is a List of some Stuff im looking for..

Memory Dumps of the Game while online, ( To search for Headers,Querystrings,Fields,etc)
    Packet Captures (Encrypted or Not) ( To Map out locations of resources,find what ports are used,and other information related to the networking part of the game)
    Any Dumps of the Community JSP pages, (To Find more Querystrings,Fields,Mappings,and information on how the XML displayed on screen and what role(s) it plays )
    Videos of the Patch downloading, (So that I can try and Study some of the behavior from a visual standpoint)

Screenshots of the online menus and areas of the community,mail,etc (So that I can Show how Some of this works later on)

If you're really interested in doing this even tho I don't one project you might find helpful is Vgate by: Gtlcpimp if you find them and decode it or what ever you might be able to find a lot of useful information in it as it deals directly with that stuff your explaining if you how ever can't find it I can upload it for you.

Comment

I have the Source Code to VGATE.

It wont help you decrypt anything as far as i know.

It appears it performed a MITM on the Ps2 and then forwarded the packets.

it appears to be sending out some Encrypted packet on the universe Selector screen.

Found an Embedded Certificate in the Game, Tried to have it swapped out and replaced with a certificate i have the private key for and it didnt alter this packet.

Have Some Speculation That The Game is using RSA AM Tokens for RSA Authentication manager. But Until i can find someone who knows mips pretty well, i wont be able to bypass that universe.

Gtlcpimp is rumored to have some decrypted packet captures for the game and if those captures actually exist then they may hold some important information.

Unless he Resurfaces and if those captures exist and if he is willing to share them, there is nothing that can be done here AFAIK.

Comment

So if I'm reading it right and understanding you need a code to do what exactly bypass the universe select screen? If so or if not bypassing that is more tricky because it needs something too connect too even if you do have something that universe can select then it's a matter of the login screen. So if you can explain further into what exactly you need to bypass it'd help people understand what you need in detail.

Comment

From my understanding, the SCE-RT is made up into two parts. The client/server. The client part deals with player-matching and accounting component, known as the Medius. The server part deals with server-to-server communications. Try finding these labels if you can.

-Medius Universe Manager
          –Medius Lobby Server
          –Medius Authentication Server
          –Medius Proxy Server
          –Medius Database Caching Server
          –Medius Universe Information Server
          –Medius Client

Comment

This game is working online in 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by David Dezio View Post
              This game is working online in 2018?
              You can play with people with xlink lan but not actual server has been created yet.

Comment

How do you get v1.4 working on pcsx2? I've tried and it just crashes for me.

Comment

You gotta use Codemajic or some other cheat device you can't use pnach

Comment

Working...
                  X