Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, somebody make a Gens Tracer Tutorial!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same result

I found the following:

When I modify the CMP value at 4446 (30) to another value it does nothing or makes the jump very short. When Modify the CMP value at 4470 (12) to a lower value it makes the jump shorter. If modified to a higher value it makes the character jump very high, but the character get freezed in the top and never returns to the floor.
    Any suggestions?
    Whipon.

Comment

Ah....this is when knowing 68000 is actually pretty essential. Those compare instructions are not standard direct compares, they are indirect compares so that won't work...I'm not going into understanding 68000 assembly that is something you will have to do yourself.

If you could understand 68000 (it takes time) some things would jump out at you, one of them is the longword read from eb40. Now eb40 is RAM - so it's actually E0EB40 or FFEB40. The code pokes this with 00002000 so you can either change this directly in RAM which has the effect of changing the jump height. Or just do a WP,4,r on FFEB40 and change the program code (ROM) that pokes 2000 into FFEB40.

Here's both RAM and ROM cheats for hazemd

Code:
      :g_licrue:00300000:E0EB40:00000800:FFFFFFFF:Mega Jump
      :g_licrue:20900000:0035EE:00000800:FFFFFFFF:Mega Jump:2000=normal,less=higher jump,more=lower jump
      BTW, if you ask for help again with making a ROM cheat the RAM location you are using would help.... and text (using DASM in the debugger) rather than a picture of the suspect code would be better..
      Last edited by Pugsy; 10-20-2006, 12:45:39 PM.
      Pugsy's MAME Cheat Page : http://mamecheat.co.uk

Comment

Sorry, I forgot that :P!!!

Excuse me, I forgot to add the RAM address. Anyway thank you very much for your help, I really appreciatte it.
        Can you recomend me any good 68000 assembly manual ?. This stuff is very adictive and I'd like to learn a bit more. I'm spending all the nights hacking my favorite games and its very fun!.
        Thanks again ;P!.
        Whipon.

Comment

Search for 68000 in wikipedia is a good place to start - it even has a link to the 68000 reference manual @ http://www.freescale.com/files/archi.../M68000PRM.pdf

I learnt 68000 with some Atart ST reference books..which I only have in book form and they are probably a bit to specific.
          Pugsy's MAME Cheat Page : http://mamecheat.co.uk

Comment

I found an interesting one!

I found this one:
            http://www.ticalc.org/pub/text/68k/

It also start from the begining for let the newbies understand better.
            I hope I can iinprove mi skills with this one.
            Thanks!.
            Whipon.

Comment

Another one to beat!!!

Now I'm having a little trouble in Robocop vs Terminator.
              I want to change the way cheats are entered in the pause screen. These are the cheats:

-----------------------------------------
              Fall Through the Floor

Pause the game then press A,B,C,C,C,B,A. Hold down the D-Pad and press C.

It writes $FF to FFF1BA when entered

Run faster and jump higher

Pause the game and press A, B, C, C, B, A, C, B, A, C, B, A, A, A, C, A, C, B, C, A, C, A, C,A, B, C, B.

It writes $FF to FFF1B7 (run faster) and $C8 to FFF0E6 (super jump) when entered.

Unlock All Weapons

Pause the game and press
              B - A - C - C - C - A - B - B - A - C - C - C - A - B

It writes $FF to FFF1B4 when entered

Violent Mode

Pause the game and press
              C - B - A - B - B - A - B - B - C - B - B - C - C - B - B - C - B - C - A - C - C - A - A - A - B - B - B - A - C - A

It writes $FF to FFF1B6 when entered

Inmortal

Well, you know, entering the Turbocop code in the first level and jump in the very left side of the screen. It writes $FF to FFF1B8.

I want to make the game write FF to these addresses at the start of the game and at the start of any level.
              I tried with write and read watchpoints when starting a new game with no results.

So i tried to change these very long button presses to a shorter ones (for example AAA). But I can`t figure where to hack. I found this one:

17D446

In this ROM address its the address to the Fall Through the Floor code. So if I change it to another address (for example the unlock all weapons code), I can have all the weapons with the easy combination of the Fall Through the Floor code.

I didnt change any of the others, because they are very long button combinations.

Any little advice for this one?.
              Thanks!.
              Whipon.

Comment

Working...
              X