palette swaping for a fighting game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• palette swaping for a fighting game?

Hi, im playing a retro game called 'Mad stalker full metal force ' on PSX , here is my problem : there is 2 mode , story and versus, the palette color of the character is black in versus, and white in story , i suppose it must not be a big deal to get the versus ' color palette in story mode? any hint to give me to success this ? unfortunally even if the request seems simple i never hacked with gameshark , i hacked some PSX game by hexediting it, but now my computer is dead i can only use gameshark to mod, for this game the only codes i've found on the net are infinite HP , thats why i want to create one for palette swaping

It's simple really but will take time, you start the story mode and when your character is in white you do a standard initial search and do an equal to search a few times. Then quit story mode and then when your character is black you do a less than or different than, I said less than because most games use the hex color codes and FFFF is all white and 0000 is usually black. Good luck.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

thx i'll try, so u think the value on the right will be something like FFFF ? I was thinking its look like character modifier value: 00 default color, 01 alternative color
      One other thing: when i start the search for a fixed value( or for a difference?) i can enter a number, probably the range of the value , any hints about this? last time i did this i let the default number and the search took 15 mins, im using CWCHEAT for psp

- - - Updated - - -

thx i'll try, so u think the value on the right will be something like FFFF ? I was thinking its look like character modifier value: 00 default color, 01 alternative color
      One other thing: when i start the search for a fixed value( or for a difference?) i can enter a number, probably the range of the value , any hints about this? last time i did this i let the default number and the search took 15 mins, im using CWCHEAT for psp

Comment

You are probably correct and I assumed you wanted to do a color modifier. If you're using PSP to find cheats as it seems get TempAR as it's faster and better in my opinion and you can do fixed searches or different than searches instead of sticking to just one.
        Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Unfortunally my computer shut down, i cant install anything more on my PSP , so i have to deal with cwcheat only
          Knowing its not a color modifier but a 'costume' modifier (its a 2D game so the alternative costume only change the palette), the process will still be the same that u explain in your previous post? but i have to find a higher value instead? 00 default white and 01 alternative black , its only supposition but in most of hack thats how character modifier value are

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunally my computer shut down, i cant install anything more on my PSP , so i have to deal with cwcheat only
          Knowing its not a color modifier but a 'costume' modifier (its a 2D game so the alternative costume only change the palette), the process will still be the same that u explain in your previous post? but i have to find a higher value instead? 00 default white and 01 alternative black , its only supposition but in most of hack thats how character modifier value are

Comment

Working...
          X