Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    Can someone help me out with making the code that helder said he made for sprite mappings to be correct on super sonic without powers? I've been unsuccessful in finding that.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    while on sonicretro, I found the offset for the super tails instance. Basically, setting it to 01 turns him into super tails. I think, I've got the site up right now. The offset for super tails is F667. So, if we add the standard FF to the front of that offset, as all par codes are known for, the first part becomes FFF667:XX. XX is the desired digit. 00 is Normal and 01 is super.

Update 6:23 CDT: Found the super sonic flag, again it is FE19, just like sonic 2 I think. I think now I have to find the other offset that helder was talking about to make the mappings work and whatnot. Anyways, there is apparently a different way hyper sonic is accessed. While yes it does use the super sonic flag, there are two variables. the first is Super Sonic, which conviently is 01. However the hyper sonic variable looks like it is FF, or -1 in decimal. Normal sonic is again 00. Not sure if this works for Knuckles though. He might have another ram slot for him and his transformations.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    hmm, ok. that's a little better. and I'll see what I can do for that. so is the super sonic flag what gives you the invincibility to everything then?

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    I made the code while looking for something else and since I found it kind of useless I deleted text file I saved it in. Anyways when your normal sonic search for 00 when you're super search for 01, I also remember that there was another code that involved the hex value 19 when you were super sonic which was required to keep the code stable.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain it a little more?

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    I made such a code for sonic& knuckles that made him have the Super Sonic Sprites without any special powers but I ended up deleting the codes a week ago. Just look for 00 when normal and 01 when super and it should be easy to find.

Leave a comment:

• King Of Chaos
    replied
    Okay, that code will only work on Sonic 2, not Sonic 3(&K). Reason being probably due to the changes made in Sonic 3 regarding Super and Hyper Sonic, Super and Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails.

Brand new code(s) would have to be created for Sonic 3(&K) for the desired effect.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    Disregard yesterday's shield codes, those do not work. I just guessed when I did them, so it'd be best not to add them. Cause I tested and they did not work. The Have all shield powers is the only shield one I've come up with that works.

As for the super sonic thing, I patiently await word back, King of Chaos. ^^

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    More digit combinations for the shields in the meantime while I wait for king of chaos to reply about the fix.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    FFFE19:0001 was the code. That's the one I've been talking about.

Leave a comment:

• King Of Chaos
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffCharizardFlame View Post
    I am highly anticipating a response to the code of Play as Super Sonic No powers. I wanna use it so badly without the glitched sprite and such on fusion.
    Well, like I said what's the code? It could be a simple fix needed to make it work in Kega/real hardware.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    I am highly anticipating a response to the code of Play as Super Sonic No powers. I wanna use it so badly without the glitched sprite and such on fusion.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    I will check Fusion and look at what I've got put down for it.

-edit: the code is FFFE19:0001

-edit 2: my bad, the code was in my sonic 3.pat, but since Sonic 3/ Sonic 3 and Knuckles are the same people are telling me, I'm wondering if it will work on either or once it is fixed, if able.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    the one I made. I will check kega and give the code here in a sec.

FFF02B:71 is the code. 70 is the all shield powers digits without rings kept after hit, the one added negates any damage to enemies by making you invincible like having a shield.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    Which code? I thought I already cleared the confusion with what values work. While we are at it don't make a bunch of threads about the same game, Sonic 3 with Knuckles and just Sonic & Knuckles use all the same addressing so no point making threads for 2 games when they use the same codes.

Image2.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X