No announcement yet.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles Game Genie/Par Codes & Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More digit combinations for the shields in the meantime while I wait for king of chaos to reply about the fix.
    Well hello there, I am jeff, a senior from Iowa.

Jeff

Comment

Disregard yesterday's shield codes, those do not work. I just guessed when I did them, so it'd be best not to add them. Cause I tested and they did not work. The Have all shield powers is the only shield one I've come up with that works.

As for the super sonic thing, I patiently await word back, King of Chaos. ^^

Jeff

Comment

Okay, that code will only work on Sonic 2, not Sonic 3(&K). Reason being probably due to the changes made in Sonic 3 regarding Super and Hyper Sonic, Super and Hyper Knuckles and Super Tails.

Brand new code(s) would have to be created for Sonic 3(&K) for the desired effect.

Comment

I made such a code for sonic& knuckles that made him have the Super Sonic Sprites without any special powers but I ended up deleting the codes a week ago. Just look for 00 when normal and 01 when super and it should be easy to find.
          Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain it a little more?

Jeff

Comment

I made the code while looking for something else and since I found it kind of useless I deleted text file I saved it in. Anyways when your normal sonic search for 00 when you're super search for 01, I also remember that there was another code that involved the hex value 19 when you were super sonic which was required to keep the code stable.
              Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

hmm, ok. that's a little better. and I'll see what I can do for that. so is the super sonic flag what gives you the invincibility to everything then?

Jeff

Comment

while on sonicretro, I found the offset for the super tails instance. Basically, setting it to 01 turns him into super tails. I think, I've got the site up right now. The offset for super tails is F667. So, if we add the standard FF to the front of that offset, as all par codes are known for, the first part becomes FFF667:XX. XX is the desired digit. 00 is Normal and 01 is super.

Update 6:23 CDT: Found the super sonic flag, again it is FE19, just like sonic 2 I think. I think now I have to find the other offset that helder was talking about to make the mappings work and whatnot. Anyways, there is apparently a different way hyper sonic is accessed. While yes it does use the super sonic flag, there are two variables. the first is Super Sonic, which conviently is 01. However the hyper sonic variable looks like it is FF, or -1 in decimal. Normal sonic is again 00. Not sure if this works for Knuckles though. He might have another ram slot for him and his transformations.

Jeff

Comment

Can someone help me out with making the code that helder said he made for sprite mappings to be correct on super sonic without powers? I've been unsuccessful in finding that.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                    X