Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helder
    replied
    The music only came on when I got to the end of a stage where it played the victory music but other than that it didn't come into play. I suppose any music change will activate the music of Invincibility.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    sorry for double posting in advance.

Helder, you stated:
    I have discovered if you change the last digits to a 3 you have invincibility like from the TV's along with the first digit which is what shields you have on. I also assume if you change it higher or further you might have Super Sonic Invincibility which is the same as the TV invincibility anyways.
    my guess on the super sonic invincibility digits is that they might be such. Now my guess is that when you lock on sonic 3, the addresses from S&K add the constants and variables for the hyper forms, thus unlocking them in locked on S3K, which is understandable since there are two sets of emeralds in game.

As for changing the second digit to a 3, I think that could result in, if you chose what shield power you wanted, a version of TV invincibility that gives you the shield power you want, thus resulting in a customizable code, tailored to each person's needs. Downside is that if such a code were on, it would probably start the Invincibility theme and never end it, since you are infinitely invincible. This can be worked around, however, with the disable invincibility/super sonic/hyper sonic music code.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    You know, sometimes sonic 3 and knuckles confuses me, but hey, I'm for a little challenge now and then. :3

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    It is in the DB but with the value 66, I have discovered if you change the last digits to a 3 you have invincibility like from the TV's along with the first digit which is what shields you have on. I also assume if you change it higher or further you might have Super Sonic Invincibility which is the same as the TV invincibility anyways.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    understood, thanks helder. and yes, they are written incorrectly, just like sly said. 11 is fire, 21 is electric, and 41 is water. I also recently found one that gives all shield powers, but the shield ability used is the flame dash. what I mean by this is fire and electricity invincibility, infinite air in water, enemy and spike invincibility, and no super sonic needed. in fact, it actually disables Super/Hyper Sonic, given I understand this since the fire/electric/water only codes disable super sonic/hyper sonic transformation as well. I will find the code where it was and post it.

Edit: The code is as follows-

Have all shield powers- FFB02B:71

As I am not sure if it is already in the database, I would like to request that if it is not in the database, that it be added. I found it on GSCentral, but I'd like to credit the person who actually discovered the code, whose username on there is King of Chaos.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by helder View Post
    This is the shield address. The values in this address also cover invincibility from the TV screens, just try other values for combos and you will usually not see the shield if you have non but the effects are there.

FFB02B:??

11-Electric Shield
    21-Fire Shield
    41-Water Shield

I might have mixed the fire and electric shield but I know the water is correct.
    indeed, the fire and electric shield codes does mixed up. it means 11 is fire while electric must be 21

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    Merged your threads because they are for the same game, so make you requests here in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    This is the shield address. The values in this address also cover invincibility from the TV screens, just try other values for combos and you will usually not see the shield if you have non but the effects are there.

FFB02B:??

11-Fire Shield
    21-Electric Shield
    41-Water Shield

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    So I found two things. One is what is negated by each shield and one is the secondary status byte. The address for the secondary status byte is $2B. Now what?

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    Just search for "bubble". It's there.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    that doesn't give me where they are at. I couldn't find them.

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    http://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Soni...es/RAM_Editing

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles Game Genie/Par Codes (My first ever code thread)

After realizing that people can sometimes be busy, I've decided to try and figure out my own codes for my purposes, but I also will post them here. Currently my codes are compatible with KEGA Fusion, but when/ if I have time to test them on gens, I'll do codes for both emus. For my first code, I need to find the ram addresses for each of Sonic's shield abilities, including the instashield. My first code I hope to make is another version of the Sonic can always codes. The original version of said codes doesn't have a bubble bounce code or an instashield code. If someone knows the ram addresses for the abilities post them here.

Leave a comment:

• Hacc
    replied
    Well, disable each one until you find the conflicting code.

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharizardFlame
    replied
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles Sonic Always has.... Code request

This time, I'm looking for codes that work in Kega Fusion that will give Sonic a certain shield ability no matter what shield he has, or even if he had no shield. For example, the one I'm looking for the most is a code that gives Sonic the bubble bounce ability. I've found one for Sonic 3 alone, but I haven't tested to see if it will work with S&K locked on. If at all possible, I would prefer it be in PAR format, but if not I will accept game genie format.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X