Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished a basic editor for Dracula. Makes the game much more enjoyable. I was really impressed on how they rotate the room around at the beginning of some of the levels. Wow.

Made some improvements on this editor: The previous editors only worked on bin (binary) and img (disc image) file types, but wouldn't work on ISO file types. This editor now supports ISO file types, as well as bin and img. I also noticed that there were several different versions of this game. I made it so that the editor will work on any version, and with any file type. As far as I know, this should be 100% coverage for this game, no matter what you have, and should even work on the Dracula and Frankenstein Double Deal version.

I hated those damn crows and bats that are constantly bombarding you, so made a code/cheat to have them die as soon as they touch you. lol.

BSDraculaSegaCDeditorV9.zip
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Cheat editor for Final Fight (Sega CD). Made an improvement to the editor, so the patching process will be much faster now.

Update: Forgot to add the .iso file extension to the list of files that you can open. Fixed this in version 1.0a...

FinalFightSegaCDeditorV10a.zip
      Last edited by Tony H; 12-10-2020, 04:11:34 PM.

Comment

• A code/cheat editor for Popful Mail (Sega CD). Should work on any file type (iso/bin/img), on any version, or with any region (hopefully). All codes should work on all levels.

Update: Forgot to add the .iso file extension to the list of files that you can open. Fixed this in version 1.0a...

PopfulMailCheatEditorV10a.zip
        Last edited by Tony H; 12-10-2020, 04:13:42 PM.

Comment

• An editor for The Terminator (Sega CD). The usual stuff including all of the debug/cheat menu/level select/cinema sequence codes. Help button has all the info. An interesting side effect of the walk thru walls code is that if you walk out of screen to the left when you start a level, you will automatically get all of your bonus points and finish that level, and then go to the next one.

TerminatorSegaCDeditorV10a.zip
          Last edited by Tony H; 12-10-2020, 04:15:29 PM.

Comment

• Forgot to add the .iso file extension to the list of files that you can open in these 3 Sega CD editors. If you already downloaded the older version (1.0) and you don't need .iso file support, then there's no need to get the newer version (1.0a). If you got the older version and couldn't open your Sega CD iso file, this newer version should fix that.

Final Fight (Sega CD) Editor
            Popful Mail (Sega CD) Editor
            The Terminator (Sega CD) Editor

Here's the updated versions (ver 1.0a)...

FinalFightSegaCDeditorV10a.zip
            PopfulMailCheatEditorV10a.zip
            TerminatorSegaCDeditorV10a.zip

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony H View Post
              Here's an editor for SoulStar (Sega CD). The "Aim Assist" cheats are more commonly known around here as "Hit Anywhere" codes. You have the option of only selecting specific areas that will "Hit anywhere", or you can select all 4 and you will hit any enemies no matter where they are on the screen when you shoot. There are also a few options for the level of invincibility that you want. Cheats should work throughout the entire game.

[ATTACH]n212044[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Uploaded newest version on 10/4/2020 (Bug fix)
              Incredible stuff! Thank you

Is there an alternate download for the Soulstar patcher? The link here appears dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saturn025 View Post

Incredible stuff! Thank you

Is there an alternate download for the Soulstar patcher? The link here appears dead.
                You're welcome. The download should be fixed now.

Comment

You're welcome. The download should be fixed now.
                  Got it, thanks again

Comment

• If you have time, could you check into infinite health for player 1 in Eternal Champions - Challenge from the Dark Side?
                    Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saturn025 View Post
                      If you have time, could you check into infinite health for player 1 in Eternal Champions - Challenge from the Dark Side?
                      Any help is much appreciated.
                      Have you tried making an infinite health code for P1? I'm guessing it shares the same health routine with the CPU player (ie. an infinite health code gives both players inf health)? I'll take a look in the next day or two.

Comment

Have you tried making an infinite health code for P1? I'm guessing it shares the same health routine with the CPU player (ie. an infinite health code gives both players inf health)? I'll take a look in the next day or two.
                        Yes, I've tried a few times, the most recently a few weeks ago. Freezes both p1 and cpu's health at 100%. I managed to stop the round timer but never got the health one to work correctly.
                        Was hoping you had a better/different method

Comment

• There are several ways to make it so that P1 gets infinite health when both players share the same routine. One way is to find some NOP's that are constantly being run while playing and overwrite them with a few bytes of custom code, setting P1's health to the full amount. If you can't find enough NOP's in a row, you can hi-jack other code and overwrite it, but this can be risky if you don't know what the hi-jacked code does. Another option that works with most fighting games is to hi-jack the timer code and put your code over it. This will give P1 infinite health, and will usually give you infinite time since you will probably break the clock.

I couldn't find enough consecutive NOP's to work with, so here's a quick example that overwrites some code with our own code that will refill P1's health every time you pause the game. I don't know what the existing code does, so it may have side effects and is only meant to show how it's done.

Search your Eternal Champions ISO/bin file for the only occurrence of: 33FC0001000472BC207AF1F0

Make these changes and save:
                          33FC0001000472BC207AF1F0 Before
                          33FC00680002E1FE207AF1F0 After

Here's what the new code will do when you pause the game:
                          33FC0068 will Move a value of 0068 (full health)
                          0002E1FE to our RAM address for P1 health

If you need to refill your health, just pause and unpause the game. That patch seems to work fine, but never a good idea to overwrite existing code unless you know what it's for. This is just an example.

You could also do the same thing, except have it lower P2's health to 01 when you press start, so it would only take one hit to KO your opponent. All kinds of things you can do.

And don't forget that you can also hi-jack some of the timer code for your P1 inf health code. If you need help with any of this, let me know.
                          Last edited by Tony H; 12-19-2020, 03:54:49 PM.

Comment

There are several ways to make it so that P1 gets infinite health when both players share the same routine. One way is to find some NOP's that are constantly being run while playing and overwrite them with a few bytes of custom code, setting P1's health to the full amount. If you can't find enough NOP's in a row, you can hi-jack other code and overwrite it, but this can be risky if you don't know what the hi-jacked code does. Another option that works with most fighting games is to hi-jack the timer code and put your code over it. This will give P1 infinite health, and will usually give you infinite time since you will probably break the clock.

I couldn't find enough consecutive NOP's to work with, so here's a quick example that overwrites some code with our own code that will refill P1's health every time you pause the game. I don't know what the existing code does, so it may have side effects and is only meant to show how it's done.

Search your Eternal Champions ISO/bin file for the only occurrence of: 33FC0001000472BC207AF1F0

Make these changes and save:
                            33FC0001000472BC207AF1F0 Before
                            33FC00680002E1FE207AF1F0 After

Here's what the new code will do when you pause the game:
                            33FC0068 will Move a value of 0068 (full health)
                            0002E1FE to our RAM address for P1 health

If you need to refill your health, just pause and unpause the game. That patch seems to work fine, but never a good idea to overwrite existing code unless you know what it's for. This is just an example.

You could also do the same thing, except have it lower P2's health to 01 when you press start, so it would only take one hit to KO your opponent. All kinds of things you can do.

And don't forget that you can also hi-jack some of the timer code for your P1 inf health code. If you need help with any of this, let me know.
                            This works great! Thanks a million. Now I can last more than 20 seconds per fight
                            I definitely need to find out how to hi jack code properly or look into NOPs, neither of which I know how to do. I'm more of the 'change something quick and hope for the best' kind of peep

Comment

• A code/cheat editor for Vay (Sega CD).

VaySegaCDeditorV10.zip

Comment

• Vay (Sega CD) ISO/bin/img hacking info. Here is some info for hacking Vay with a hex editor to change the amount of Experience (EXP) and gold you get after every battle (faster level-up), and how to change the number of steps before each random battle. The Vay editor above does all of this, but if you want different values, here's how...

To change how much EXP and gold you get after battle:

Open up your Vay ISO/bin/img file with a hex editor and search for the only occurrence of: D1B900FFBB32302900E0

D1B900FFBB32302900E0 Before
                                C0FC0005D1B900FFBB32 After you make changes

The red "05" in the After one is the multiplier. 05 will give you 5x more EXP and gold. 0A (hex) will give you 10x more, and so on.

--------------------

To change how many steps between random battles (normally, random battles happen around every 18 to 25 ish steps). This hack/patch will make it so that you will always have a random battle after an exact number of steps that you choose.

Search for the only occurrence of: D04133C0

D04133C0 Before
                                703133C0 After you make changes

The red "31" determines how many steps before a random battle (in hex). A couple things to note: You'll need to subtract one if you want an exact number (ie. a value of 5 will actually take 6 steps before a random battle). So in this example, the value of 31 (which is 49 in decimal) will actually take 50 steps before you get a battle. It's only one step difference, so not a big deal. The other thing to note is that you can't use values higher than 127 (0x7F in hex). If you want no random battles at all, use the editor above.

Comment

Working...
                                X