Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As you probably know, there's no way to patch the ISO file with a RAM address. However, you can use the RAM address to help you figure out where to patch it.

There is a way to do it within Cheat Engine, but I don't have my notes on that in front of me. I don't even have CE installed right now (new computer). If I remember correctly, you highlight the RAM address and click on something like "Find out where it's being called from". CE will pop up a window whenever that RAM address is called on from the ROM. Maybe someone has notes or a link on how exactly to do it.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• There is 'find out what accesses this address' and 'find out what writes to this address'. But both of those are useless when running an emulator, I think. Because all you get are emulator assembly instructions.

Comment

• Originally posted by vgcuts View Post
        There is 'find out what accesses this address' and 'find out what writes to this address'. But both of those are useless when running an emulator, I think. Because all you get are emulator assembly instructions.
        That's exactly what you're looking for.

I found a good tutorial written by Mezmorize. Should answer all your questions. Lots of pictures.

CheatEngineROMhacking_files.zip
        Last edited by Tony H; 06-19-2017, 06:31:26 PM.

Comment

• Thanks all for the cheats
          Last edited by Metro City; 08-15-2017, 05:21:13 PM.

Comment

• Road Rash (Sega CD) Editor.

Thought that a Sega CD editor would be an easy way to add cheats/codes to the .bin file. Cheats/codes can be easily turned on or off just by whether or not the code is checked or not when you patch the file. If it's checked, the code will be turned on, if it's not checked, the code will be turned off. You can also return your bin file to it's original/unmodified state, just by running the program and making sure all of the cheats are unchecked, then patch the file.

Working on editors for other Sega CD games.

RoadRash(Sega CD)EditorV3a.zip
            Last edited by Tony H; 09-12-2020, 10:37:35 PM.

Comment

• A new Sega CD editor for The Adventures of Batman & Robin. This editor is 100% functional, however some of the cheats only work on the first level. I may add support for the entire game later on. There is no Readme in the zip file for now, but should be easy to figure out...

-If you enable the 'level skip' cheat, you'll just need to pause the game and press B to skip to the next level. It should only work in the first level.
              -The 'Start with 20 lives' cheat is for a new game, and should carry through for the entire game. I can adjust this higher or lower if anyone wants that.
              -The 'Infinite lives' cheat will probably only work on the first level (or possibly only the first stage?).
              -The 'Start with more time' cheats will only work on the first 3 stages. You can only select one of the 'time' cheats at once (that includes inf time). The program will automatically de-select the one you had checked if you select a different one.
              -The 'Infinite time' cheat should only work on the first level (or possibly only on the first stage?).

The only file types that it supports are .bin and .img. I went to several different sites, and those two were the only format I could find. If anyone knows of another format (like .iso?) that you want supported, just let me know and send me a PM with the site where you got it from. I've read about iso file types, but couldn't find any. Maybe it's an old format that's not used anymore?

If you want to turn a cheat off, run the program again and make sure that all of the cheats that you don't want are unchecked, then patch the file.

If you want to return your file back to it.s original/unmodified state, just run the program, select your file, and make sure you don't click any cheats (all cheats must be unchecked), then patch the file.

EDIT: Get the newest version a few posts below.

Batman&Robin(Sega CD)Editor.zip
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Tony H; 10-04-2020, 08:56:00 AM.

Comment

• I have a ton of hacking notes for The Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega CD), so putting them here for future reference. Some of these are not in the editor yet.

Search for every occurrence of 0201007F674441F9
                Replace with this: B03C0020673241F9
                This will make it so that all you have to do is pause the game and press B to skip to the next level. Changing the "0020" to a different value will change the button that you need to press (this game doesn't use the usual values for some button presses. I think they're: 0040 = A, 0010 = C, 0004 = Down, etc.

To turn off collision detection (drive thru most obstacles, including other cars)...

Search for every occurrence of: B0A9001E6C000136. Replace the 6C00 with 6000. I think there's 10 occurrences.
                This makes it so that you can go up on the Right sidewalk (stage 1) and drive thru the staircases/steps (turns off the collision detection for those). You will still hit the fire hydrants and light poles, but those can have their collision detection turned off as well.

To turn off the collision detection for most of the other items in the game (including cars), just search for every occurrence of B0A9001E6C00 and replace the 6C00 with 6000. I haven't gone thru and figured out which ones are for what yet. I think there was another search to turn off collision detection for other items (maybe cars?), but can't remember right now.

Search for every occurrence of 33F900075548
                and replace with 4E7133FC0014
                This will let you start with 20 lives. Change the 0014 to whatever value you want for the number of lives. I think there are only two matches, and I think the first one is for your starting lives, and the second one is probably for something like when you continue, or something like that.

Search for every occurrence of: 53790007FFEE. Change the 5379 to 6004 for infinite lives. Have only tested the first occurrence so far, but others are probably for other levels.

Search for 003C003C003C. The first occurrence is the amount of time you start each section with in level 1 (3C = 60 seconds). The three "003C" are for each of the first 3 sections (each section starts with 60 seconds). Here is the complete set of starting time values from that first occurrence: 003C 003C 003C 0000 001B 001B 001B 001E 0019 0014. I think some of those values might be for the distance you are from one of the enemies?? (but haven't tested, so not sure. If you keep searching for 003C003C003C, the following ones may be for starting times in other levels, but not sure yet.

Search for 53790006123E (only one match). Change the 5379 to 6004 for infinite time in the first level. I think all of the infinite time info was found by someone else (search one of the two stickied Sega CD threads.

Will add more as I figure it out.
                Last edited by Tony H; 09-17-2020, 10:05:58 PM.

Comment

• Here's an editor for SoulStar (Sega CD). The "Aim Assist" cheats are more commonly known around here as "Hit Anywhere" codes. You have the option of only selecting specific areas that will "Hit anywhere", or you can select all 4 and you will hit any enemies no matter where they are on the screen when you shoot. There are also a few options for the level of invincibility that you want. Cheats should work throughout the entire game.

SoulStarSegaCDEditorV6.zip

EDIT: Uploaded newest version on 10/4/2020 (Bug fix)

UPDATE: Fixed the download
                  Last edited by Tony H; 12-18-2020, 11:49:45 PM.

Comment

• Here is the latest update of the Adventures of Batman & Robin (Sega CD) editor.

What's new:

-Added full game support for the "Pause and press B to skip to next level" cheat (now works on all levels, instead of just the first level).

-Started using a pattern search instead of telling it specific addresses to patch. This makes it a lot faster to make the editor when there are 10 to 30 occurrences that need to be patched. Many thanks to nolberto and Demonic for all their help with this! Nolberto came up with several solutions to different problems that came up as I was working on the pattern search.

AdvBatmanRobinSegaCDv7.zip

EDIT: Uploaded newest version on 10/4/2020 (Bug fix)
                    Last edited by Tony H; 10-04-2020, 09:20:27 AM.

Comment

• An editor for Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD). Lets you edit Hiro's starting weapon and armor, as well as adding up to 3 extra items to his normal starting inventory. If there's enough interest, I will add more weapons, armor, and items in the future.

LunarEternalBlueNGEditorV7.zip

Comment

• Here's another editor for Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) that is completely different than the one above. The one in the post above is for a new game, but this one is for new or saved games.

Everything is pretty self explanatory in the picture except for the Debug Menu. The debug menu isn't normally available in the game. It's kind of primitive, but very useful. You can do things like change your party's stats at any time (HP, MP, ATK, etc), change your Magic EXP to any value you want, play music from the game, warp to different areas on the map, etc. Readme is included.

EDIT: The "Enable Debug Menu" option has a bug. See here for details: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...232#post212232

LunarEternalBlueSegaCDEditorV7.zip
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Tony H; 10-22-2020, 10:53:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony H View Post
                          Here's another editor for Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) that is completely different than the one above. The one in the post above is for a new game, but this one is for new or saved games.

Everything is pretty self explanatory in the picture except for the Debug Menu. The debug menu isn't normally available in the game. It's kind of primitive, but very useful. You can do things like change your party's stats at any time (HP, MP, ATK, etc), change your Magic EXP to any value you want, play music from the game, warp to different areas on the map, etc. Readme is included.

LunarEternalBlueSegaCDEditorV7.zip
                          Thank you for this!!!!
                          A Wise Man once said that common sense is really not that common.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post

Thank you for this!!!!
                            You're welcome.

I felt that an editor that patches your ISO file (.bin/.img) for Sega CD games would be a better alternative than having to patch the file yourself with a hex editor. All of these editors can patch or unpatch cheats into your Sega CD file in about one second.

If anyone has any suggestions for future editors, let me know.
                            Last edited by Tony H; 10-17-2020, 12:10:38 PM.

Comment

• Awesome work on the editors! I have 2 requests, if possible:

1) For Lunar: EB, is there a way to increase the exp. gained to 10x? Anyway to also add in one for Magic Exp. gained?

2) For Lunar: TSS, is there any way to hack in the debug menu to be available from the start?

Thanks for any efforts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liquidpolicenaut View Post
                                Awesome work on the editors! I have 2 requests, if possible:

1) For Lunar: EB, is there a way to increase the exp. gained to 10x? Anyway to also add in one for Magic Exp. gained?

2) For Lunar: TSS, is there any way to hack in the debug menu to be available from the start?

Thanks for any efforts!
                                The 10x EXP multiplier will be no problem, and I was already planning on working on Lunar: TSS next. As far as the Magic EXP gained, I will have to look into that one. What is Magic EXP used for besides doing a game save? Also, I assume that you get a certain amount of Magic EXP after every battle?
                                Last edited by Tony H; 10-18-2020, 12:23:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X