X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    [COLOR="#0000FF"]Final Fight CD - Sega CD[/COLOR]

Semi Hit Anywhere(Enemies have to be somewhat close.)
    Search:  6B 00 03 E6 61 00 07 76 66
    Replace: 6B 00 03 E6 61 00 07 76 [COLOR="#FF0000"]60[/COLOR]

Invincibility
    Search:  00 01 2C 61 00 03 12 66 00
    Replace: 00 01 2C 61 00 03 12 [COLOR="#FF0000"]60 02[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
      I think I understand what you're saying rimsky. kind of like how a SNES ROM address is not the same as the CPU address used in SNES Game Genie codes.

Since there is no "official" Sega CD code format, we should figure something out that could be used in the db here.

By looking in the asm trace logs that I make with Gens 9.5b, I can see the addresses that are used in there (which are not the same as the actual ROM addresses) but to be honest, I don't know if those are the actual addresses that the Sega CD hardware is using. My guess is that they are the addresses used by the hardware, but I'm not sure.

For example, here is the assembly for subtracting fuel...

01:E700 90 41 SUB.W D1,D0

The address there is 01:E700, but the actual ROM address is 66DE38.
      Exactly. When pieces of the cd's track 1 are loaded into memory, they are placed in RAM. It's the same for NES, gameboy/color, and other systems where the ram is too small for the whole rom.

The 01E700 is exactly what we'd be looking for, in regards to where the ASM is in the address space. So a ROM code for segacd would be 01E700?9041:4E71. Just the way a raw game genie code looks. That would (in theory) work for mess, and other emu's if they supported it as that's the way it is for the other systems.

EDIT: I can confirm that when I load RDF in MESS, the value at address 01E700 is in fact 9041. If I could just figure out my problem that is freezing the mess gui, I could test your code. The tricky part will be seeing if MESS will allow us to write to that address or not. Maybe Nolberto could try it?
      Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

This could potently be useful, but getting a bit beyond me:
        http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Genesis_Programming

Tells about the different areas of memory with Sega CD.
        http://OldGameHacking.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/DreamcastVideos

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
          That would (in theory) work for mess, and other emu's if they supported it as that's the way it is for the other systems.
          Now we just need to get emulator authors to implement that into some emulators.
          Last edited by Tony H; 01-18-2013, 10:15:05 PM.
          The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

I can confirm that 01E700:4E71 does not work on Gens or Gens Tracer 9.5b. It was worth a shot.

EDIT: Mez, I've used that wiki site many times for Genesis hacking. Very helpful stuff.
            Last edited by Tony H; 01-18-2013, 10:22:12 PM.

Comment

3 Ninjas Kick Back

3 Ninjas Kick Back (SCD)

Infinite Lives
              Search: 426E009E610000CA4A6E00106730536E
              Replace: 426E009E610000CA4A6E001067306002
              19 occurrences.

Infinite Health (From Falling Spikes)
              Search: 00806000303C00024EB900008FEE536A
              Replace: 00806000303C00024EB900008FEE6002
              19 occurrences.

Infinite Health (Ground Spikes)
              Search: 001E0008670001244A6E009A660A536E
              Replace: 001E0008670001244A6E009A660A6002
              19 occurrences.

Infinite Health (Flame Thowing Wood)
              Search: 4CDF408060326100E1646B2C4256536A
              Replace: 4CDF408060326100E1646B2C42566002
              19 occurrences.

Invulnerability
              4A6E00886704536E00884A6E009A6704
              4A6E00886704536E00884A6E009A6004
              19 occurrences.

This is one thing I don't like, some games have multiple occurrences of a hex string.
              I'm not gonna make 100% sure with each and every game that all instances should be patched.

I did fully test the game Sol-Feace, there were 7 instances for each of the 7 stages.
              I didn't post the codes I had made for Sonic CD cause I never got around to testing, some hex strings were in the ISO like 50+ times.
              Last edited by Mezmorize; 01-19-2013, 01:04:03 AM.

Comment

It worked in MESS with the following expression:
                Code:
                segacd:segacd_68k.ow@1E700=4E71
                Which means it will work in a cheat file.

I did notice the address changing a bit as video was playing, etc. so we will need those compare values. The site will accept AAAAAA?CCCC:VVVV and AAAAAA:VVVV codes. I suggest using a compare for all asm patches. That should make it easier, eh? At least for the new site, you won't have to look up where to patch the iso.

Gens probably doesn't support writing to that address range.

Comment

@ Tony: Have you tried Fusion or Regen yet?

@ Mez: They seriously named that game Wild Woody? I watched a review video (Taco-Man - Plays Wild Woody) of it and laughed in disbelief. There are two versions of this game, though. See The Director's Cut section.

Thanks for sharing that link, too. It took me a while to remember where I saw this link, but it will help greatly to understand and mess about with the system more.

http://www.retrodev.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mezmorize View Post
                    This is one thing I don't like, some games have multiple occurrences of a hex string.
                    I'm not gonna make 100% sure with each and every game that all instances should be patched.

I did fully test the game Sol-Feace, there were 7 instances for each of the 7 stages.
                    I didn't post the codes I had made for Sonic CD cause I never got around to testing, some hex strings were in the ISO like 50+ times.
                    Mez, I still remember that there were a ton of instances for my hacks with Sonic CD. I didn't even try to test them all. Gave up after the third or forth one.

Originally posted by Hacc View Post
                    @ Tony: Have you tried Fusion or Regen yet?
                    I've tried Fusion. It won't even let you try to enter any codes with Sega CD games. Have not tried Regen yet, but I already have the debugger version installed, so will give it a try.

EDIT: Fusion does however support all 32x codes.

EDIT 2: Regen doesn't support SCD.
                    Last edited by Tony H; 01-18-2013, 11:08:02 PM.

Comment

I made a code to always have rings for Sonic CD once. The code worked great, until the next level.

I think there are multiple instances because a lot of the routines are duplicated for each bank. Which, in the case of hacking, sucks majorly as it means multiple codes when the duplicated routines end up at different addresses.

Sega CD codes are going to take some hardcore testing I think.

Comment

Which means it will work in a cheat file.
                        I've never used a "cheat file" before. How do they work?

Comment

I've tried Fusion. It won't even let you try to enter any codes with Sega CD games. Have not tried Regen yet, but I already have the debugger version installed, so will give it a try.

EDIT: Fusion does however support all 32x codes.

EDIT 2: Regen doesn't support SCD.
                          OK. Ah, you're right. I forgot Regen doesn't support it or the 32x yet.

I made a code to always have rings for Sonic CD once. The code worked great, until the next level.

I think there are multiple instances because a lot of the routines are duplicated for each bank. Which, in the case of hacking, sucks majorly as it means multiple codes when the duplicated routines end up at different addresses.

Sega CD codes are going to take some hardcore testing I think.
                          The technical manuals are available for reading.

Comment

I've never used a "cheat file" before. How do they work?
                            Emulators let you save cheats to a file. For the most part, they have different formats. Now at Gamehacking.org, you can download a generated cheat file for supported emulators for any game with codes.

MESS has a lot of involved setup, but is versatile. It has the same cheat support as MAME. Considering the amount of systems that it emulates, it's helpful to learn the debugger and hack with it. Especially since the debugger is native to the system it's emulating.

The downside to MESS besides the setup, is the lack of documentation.

Comment

Using this version of Gens you can enter cheats like this:

Code:
                              [COLOR="#0000FF"]Final Fight CD - Sega CD[/COLOR]

Semi Hit Anywhere
                              2100E6?6600:6000

Invincibility
                              21054A?6600:6002
                              Last edited by nolberto82; 01-19-2013, 12:27:46 PM.

Comment

Awesome, that worked great.
                                How did you come up with the address?

Comment

Working...
                                X