Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found one,it requires installation but avg anti virus says it is clean.here it is I tried it with the lunar rom and a random ips patch I had lying around,it worked.

http://www.mediafire.com/?97q0x89gnu9ww3p
    Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-06-2013, 08:31:21 PM. Reason: changes needed
    A Wise Man once said that common sense is really not that common.

Comment

An IPS program? Sure.
      The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

btw I got it from:http://www.zophar.net/fileuploads/1/...-111-setup.exe
        I have used zophars site before with no virus problems unfortunately this is all I could find that could apply AND create patches,sorry...

Comment

I'll check it out. Thanks.

I added all the hacks you wanted to my bin file and tested it. This is the result...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LunarEB_Hacked.png
Views:	1
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	162264

Seems to work perfectly. Now I just have to make an IPS file.

Comment

Hawkeyes, here is some info on the IPS format...

"support for patching files up to 16 MB in size, which is the limit of the IPS format. The files can technically be larger than that, but the IPS format cannot record changes beyond the 16 MB mark due to 24-bit addressing."

The part of the bin file that I'm trying to patch is around the 150MB area, which is way beyond the limit of the IPS format.

It looks like we are going to have to put your hex editing skills the test again. What I'll do is post a string of the hex values before any changes are made, and then a second string of hex values that have been hacked with the stuff you want. You can compare them to make sure you're changing the right values.

The first string is before any changes, second string is with your changes...

00140014000F000F0502040205060C02000000000000000001 0000000D000000000000000000000039007100000002181818 181A000000000000

00E600E6006300630502040205060C02000000000000000001 0000000D000000000000000000000042007D00000002181818 181A242424B19D7A

Comment

OK I have tried it again will probably post how well it works in the morning.I f it fails again I will give up for a while if only to give my poor pea-sized brain a rest,and thank you again for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post
                OK I have tried it again will probably post how well it works in the morning.I f it fails again I will give up for a while if only to give my poor pea-sized brain a rest,and thank you again for your help!
                Don't worry Hawkeyes, we'll get it figured out.

Comment

It WORKED,WOO-HOO! Thank you SOOO much,now I can finally play this game with cheats.

Comment

Really glad to hear it worked. Good job.

Here's some of the "cleaned up" instructions for hacking Hiro. Will post the rest later.

Lunar: Eternal Blue (SCD)

How to hack Hiro's starting HP, MP, weapon, and armor. Note that these
                    hacks will only work when you start a NEW game. They won't work on saved games.

To hack Hiro's starting HP and MP...
                    With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 00140014000F000F05.
                    The first 0014 is for Hiro's current HP, and the second 0014 is for Hiro's max
                    HP. Change them to whatever value you want (in hex). The first 000F is for
                    Hiro's current MP, and the second 000F is for Hiro's max MP. Change them to
                    whatever value you want (in hex). Not sure if the game has a limit on how high
                    your HP and MP can go, so be careful.

To hack Hiro's starting weapon and armor...
                    With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 3900710000. The 39 is
                    Hiro's normal starting weapon (Dagger), and the 71 is hiro's normal starting armor
                    (Peasant Clothes). Change those numbers to whatever weapon and armor you want to
                    start with using the list of weapons, armor, etc and matching hex numbers from
                    here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608

Comment

As before, you must hack these into your bin file, then start a new game.

Lunar: Eternal Blue (SCD)

To hack Hiro's starting items...
                      With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 181818181A. Right after
                      this string, you'll see 6 bytes of 00 (12 zeros total). These are for the 6
                      empty item slots in Hiro's starting inventory. You can change any of those 6
                      bytes of zeros to start with any items you want. Just use the hex numbers from
                      this list: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608

One more thing you can hack is Hiro's starting magic and sword skills, although I
                      haven't tested this yet...
                      With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 010000000D. The 01 is
                      the Boomerang magic that he normally starts with, and the 0D at the end is the
                      Poe Sword skill that he normally starts with. I'm pretty sure you can change
                      the 3 bytes of zeros inbetween them to whatever magic you want, and change the
                      3 bytes of zeros after the 0D to whatever sword skills you want. Use hex numbers
                      from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608.
                      I'm not too familiar with the game, so not too sure what the difference is between
                      magic and skills.
                      Last edited by Tony H; 03-08-2013, 03:28:01 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info by the way,would it be possible to hack ruby's held items?she is the flying red thing and she kind of serves as an item bag,you can move other players items to an from her and she has alot of item capacity.I think she starts with some herbs and starlight items,if that helps.Of course I would only ask you to find this when you have nothing better to do and I don't want to start a new game right now anyway.Another thing I would like to see is Magic Exp hacks;you need it to save the game AND level up spells,the game saving is most needed because my emulator freezes upon going into battles sometimes which means I sometimes lose 1-2 hours worth of playtime and my emulator does not like to make savestates on sega cd.
                        Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-08-2013, 03:40:45 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

This is an awesome thread, it's about time the Sega CD got some cheats love. A few years ago Steve Snake gave me a build of Kega Fusion without the block in place when attempting to use Sega CD cheats and thus I was able to create some cheats, including some for Sonic CD which can be found on this site. At the time he was unsure if he wanted to release Kega with SCD cheats enabled because of the apparent difficultly cheating on games that uses word RAM where as cheating on games, like Sonic CD, using Genesis RAM is pretty straightforward for PAR codes. I'm hopeful that maybe in the future he'll release a new Kega build with SCD cheat capabilities. However, if there's ever a proper cheat format conceived by the community for the Sega CD, that'd probably be enticement enough for emulator authors to support SCD cheats.

Now, these cheats for Sonic CD will only work in Genesis Plus GX and MD.emu (Android Genesis/SCD emulator) and ArtMoney if you convert them or download a cheat file which will then work on Kega, but I'd love to see these codes converted or recreated for ISO patches and Cheat Engine.

FF151F:0001 Invincibility
                          FF1589:0001 Enable debug mode
                          FF1507:0009 Infinite lives
                          FF1512:0032 Always have 50 rings
                          FF0F20:7F00 Have all 7 Time Stones/good futures
                          FF151E:0001 Always have the shield

Keep up the good work guys, I'll be watching this topic closely.
                          Last edited by King Of Chaos; 03-08-2013, 03:48:49 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info by the way,would it be possible to hack ruby's held items?she is the flying red thing and she kind of serves as an item bag,you can move other players items to an from her and she has alot of item capacity.I think she starts with some herbs and starlight items,if that helps.Of course I would only ask you to find this when you have nothing better to do and I don't want to start a new game right now anyway.Another thing I would like to see is Magic Exp hacks;you need it to save the game AND level up spells,the game saving is most needed because my emulator freezes upon going into battles sometimes which means I sometimes lose 1-2 hours worth of playtime and my emulator does not like to make savestates on sega cd.
                            I will try to look into these. If Ruby is the flying thing that starts the game with Hiro, then that should be no problem hacking her items, and having her start with extra items. The other stuff may take more time.

I have the same problem as you when using SCD save states. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Ugh.

Comment

lol mine do not work at all('failed to allocate memory'error) and now my game cube resets when I even try to access saving/loading states option.as for ruby's extra items I would like to see:Battle Hammerx1,Razor Fan x1,Mystra Braceletx1,Heal Ringx3,Snake Ringx6,Tri-Ringx6,Blazing Robex2,Spiked Jacketx1,Angel Tearsx6,Dragonfly Wingx6,Silver Lightx5.
                              Also if you could simplify it like before that would be great,and as I said before there is no rush as I will not start over just yet.

Comment

lol mine do not work at all('failed to allocate memory'error) and now my game cube resets when I even try to access saving/loading states option.as for ruby's extra items I would like to see:Battle Hammerx1,Razor Fan x1,Mystra Braceletx1,Heal Ringx3,Snake Ringx6,Tri-Ringx6,Blazing Robex2,Spiked Jacketx1,Angel Tearsx6,Dragonfly Wingx6,Silver Lightx5.
                                Also if you could simplify it like before that would be great,and as I said before there is no rush as I will not start over just yet.
                                1) Is Ruby the flying thing that starts the game with Hiro?

2) If that's who it is, how do I check which items she has? I've only tried to check Hiro's items. Is it the same process to check her items?

3) When I make the hack, I'll take a screen shot of my hex editor with the changed items in red. We'll see if that's any easier.
                                Last edited by Tony H; 03-08-2013, 05:56:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X