Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega Mega CD ISO Hacks & Editors

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tony H View Post

    The 10x EXP multiplier will be no problem, and I was already planning on working on Lunar: TSS next. As far as the Magic EXP gained, I will have to look into that one. What is Magic EXP used for besides doing a game save? Also, I assume that you get a certain amount of Magic EXP after every battle?
    Yes, after each battle you gain a certain amount of Magic Exp. just like regular Exp. The Magic Exp. is used to upgrade your magic throughout the game as well as learn new spells..

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Liquidpolicenaut View Post
      Awesome work on the editors! I have 2 requests, if possible:

      1) For Lunar: EB, is there a way to increase the exp. gained to 10x? Anyway to also add in one for Magic Exp. gained?

      2) For Lunar: TSS, is there any way to hack in the debug menu to be available from the start?

      Thanks for any efforts!
      Just about have the new version for Lunar: Eternal Blue ready. I found that the debug menu had a bug so I'm removing it from this newest version but will leave the old version here (above) in case anyone still wants to use the debug menu. The bug is when you start a new game and move right from Dragon Ruins Entrance to the next part of the game, your characters are not centered in the screen, and you have to move around a little before you can see your characters. I think the game is still playable, but will remove the debug menu option until I figure out what's wrong with it. Everything else seems to work fine. You can still turn on the debug menu via the save file (brm). See TCRF for details on how to enable that.

      You can always turn off the Debug Menu cheat if it's causing problems.

      Instead of making a Magic EXP multiplier, I made it so that you can level up your magic for free. I also added an option to have a 10x EXP multiplier, per your request. Tested it, and it handles the multiple character level ups with no problems. Will post the new version tomorrow.
      Last edited by Tony H; 10-23-2020, 12:09:22 AM.
      The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

      Comment


      • Finished the new version of the Lunar: Eternal Blue (Sega CD) Editor and seems to work fine.

        What's new with ver 0.8...

        -Changed EXP multiplier from 2x, 3x, 5x to 2x, 5x, 10x.
        -Added cheat that allows you to level up your magic without using any Magic EXP (works even if you don't have enough).
        -Removed the Debug Menu cheat because of a problem with the code (details in the post above). Will see if I can fix the code when I get some time and put it back in the editor. You can use version 0.7 from the earlier post if you want to play around with the Debug Menu.




        LunarEternalBlueSegaCDEditorV8.zip
        The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

        Comment


        • Hey, It's been a while since I posted on The Forums. However I have a request for Tom Cat Alley on Sega CD. The current codes on here work great and certainly make the game a bit easier, However is there any way to get a code that could make it so you are always locked on to the enemy air craft? So all you would have to do is press the fire button and never miss. The game is sometimes miserable being so hard to lock on. If there was a way to make shooting down enemies easier and less aggrivating. The game might actually become something to look forward to instead of dread. Lol. Anyhow, Any chances of that?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ramdemann View Post
            Hey, It's been a while since I posted on The Forums. However I have a request for Tom Cat Alley on Sega CD. The current codes on here work great and certainly make the game a bit easier, However is there any way to get a code that could make it so you are always locked on to the enemy air craft? So all you would have to do is press the fire button and never miss. The game is sometimes miserable being so hard to lock on. If there was a way to make shooting down enemies easier and less aggrivating. The game might actually become something to look forward to instead of dread. Lol. Anyhow, Any chances of that?
            What a bizarre game. I started playing it and didn't even know that I was supposed to be doing anything yet until I got the "Game Over" screen. lol. I will read the online guide and get it figured out and see if I can get a code for you.
            Last edited by Tony H; 10-25-2020, 11:22:25 AM.
            The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

            Comment


            • Man, you REALLY have some skills in finding these codes! The editors work like a charm Quick question, though... Would you be able to find the codes for Lunar EB to multiply the exp, money and magic exp by like 20 to 25x? I know the editor has codes for saving and upgrading regardless of the amount of money/magic exp. but I kinda like upgrading at each level lol. You don't have to go through the trouble of creating an editor for it, just the codes to Hex edit it would be perfect. Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Liquidpolicenaut View Post
                Man, you REALLY have some skills in finding these codes! The editors work like a charm Quick question, though... Would you be able to find the codes for Lunar EB to multiply the exp, money and magic exp by like 20 to 25x? I know the editor has codes for saving and upgrading regardless of the amount of money/magic exp. but I kinda like upgrading at each level lol. You don't have to go through the trouble of creating an editor for it, just the codes to Hex edit it would be perfect. Thanks!
                I had plenty of room to make changes to the existing code for the EXP multiplier, but not enough room for an 'easy' Magic EXP multiplier code. I can have it jump to another empty/unused section of the ROM, do the necessary changes there, and then have it jump back, but too much time involved in doing that. As far as the money, I haven't checked that, but I assume you would want all 3 multipliers (EXP, Magic EXP, and money). If you'd like, I can post the hacking/patching info for the EXP multiplier if you want to change it to 20x or 25x.
                Last edited by Tony H; 10-25-2020, 01:28:40 PM.
                The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

                Comment


                • Ooooh ok.. Thanks for the detailed explanation! If you would be able to post the hacking/patching info for the experience multiplier that would be awesome! Thanks again for going through the trouble of finding all these codes...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Liquidpolicenaut View Post
                    Ooooh ok.. Thanks for the detailed explanation! If you would be able to post the hacking/patching info for the experience multiplier that would be awesome! Thanks again for going through the trouble of finding all these codes...
                    There are two separate searches/replacements that you have to do for the EXP multiplier in Lunar: Eternal Blue.

                    Search for the only occurrence of: 90390002E4B84880. Change it to: 4E714E71424070?? (70?? determines your multiplier value (in hex)). If you want a 20x multiplier, use 7014, if you want a 25x multiplier, use 7019.

                    Search for the only occurrence of: 8CC033C6. Change it to: CCC033C6.
                    Last edited by Tony H; 10-25-2020, 02:44:40 PM.
                    The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ramdemann View Post
                      Hey, It's been a while since I posted on The Forums. However I have a request for Tom Cat Alley on Sega CD. The current codes on here work great and certainly make the game a bit easier, However is there any way to get a code that could make it so you are always locked on to the enemy air craft? So all you would have to do is press the fire button and never miss. The game is sometimes miserable being so hard to lock on. If there was a way to make shooting down enemies easier and less aggrivating. The game might actually become something to look forward to instead of dread. Lol. Anyhow, Any chances of that?
                      I'm having a difficult time playing this game and need a little help.

                      For starters, am I trying to get the green cross hairs/reticle onto the actual enemy aircraft that's moving all over the screen? I read that the green reticle is supposed to turn red when I'm locked on, but I've had the reticle on the enemy several times and it never turns red. Am I doing something wrong?

                      Is there a part in the game where it's easy locking on to a target? Like maybe the bomber in the first mission, or a ground target or something? If so, any chance you can make a save state shortly before that using Gens Tracer?
                      Last edited by Tony H; 10-25-2020, 04:41:06 PM.
                      The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

                      Comment


                      • No, Your doing it right. That's how hard it is to do. Believe it or not the first stage is the easiest. As far as Easy goes... You have to anticipate the enemies movement and if you can get the Green Box close enough to the enemy it will eventually turn red but only for litterally a split second for the player to quickly hit the fire button. I'll make a save state during The Bomber. Because he moves ALOT slower and it should be easier to lock on long enough to see what the game is up to. I'll see if it's been 14 Days since I left Discord so I can join back. I had to leave again because the requests got way out of hand to the point I had 30 or so PMs about games people wanted codes for. I just couldn't keep up. I feel like Nolberto in that sence and will likely make my status, "No Requests" Lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tony H View Post

                          There are two separate searches/replacements that you have to do for the EXP multiplier in Lunar: Eternal Blue.

                          Search for the only occurrence of: 90390002E4B84880. Change it to: 4E714E71424070?? (70?? determines your multiplier value (in hex)). If you want a 20x multiplier, use 7014, if you want a 25x multiplier, use 7019.

                          Search for the only occurrence of: 8CC033C6. Change it to: CCC033C6.
                          Thank you again for the code, it worked perfectly!

                          Comment


                          • Tomcat Alley (Sega CD)

                            Aim Assist (will always hit enemy, no matter where you shoot).

                            Using a hex editor, open your ISO/bin file... Search for the only occurrence of 0023673C. Change it to 0023603C.

                            Works best if you start a new game (doesn't always seem to work when using a save state).
                            The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

                            Comment


                            • I made some cheats for Lunar 2 using retroarch.(HP,MP,Current Mgc EXP)
                              would it be ok if i posted my retroarch cheat file here?
                              i have used the mp codes most of the way through the game with no issues.
                              A Wise Man once said that common sense is really not that common.

                              Comment


                              • Yes, you can post them here
                                Last edited by Tony H; 10-29-2020, 11:32:29 AM.
                                The Code Hut: https://codehut.gshi.org/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X