Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, forgot to include the other PAR codes in case the ones above don't work.

Try these if they don't work...

HP during battle: 202C62:xx or 202C64:xx

HP updated after battle: 04ED06:xx or 04ED08:xx

EDIT: Also, the value you put in for "xx" should be in hex. If you want 99 HP, just use a value of 63.
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-04-2013, 12:17:46 AM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

I am trying the first hp during battle code first with hp set at 800 (0320 for the last part of the code) going through the intro now,will post after i test both codes you posted.
      A Wise Man once said that common sense is really not that common.

Comment

ok i tried most of the hp codes;they arent working maybe try the max gold code that one would be easier to test

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post
          ok i tried most of the hp codes;they arent working maybe try the max gold code that one would be easier to test
          I'm not surprised that the PAR codes didn't work. I'm not going to post any more PAR codes for this game because there are too many reasons why SCD PAR codes might not work, so I'm going to suggest using ISO/bin hacks instead. ISO hacks will work, no matter which emulator you're using.

Do you know how to use a hex editor? If not, are you willing to learn? They're easy to use.
          Last edited by Tony H; 03-04-2013, 07:49:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
            OK, I've got a couple Hiro HP codes to try. One of them looks like it is used during battle, and when the battle is over, the updated HP value is copied over to the other RAM address.

HP during battle: 202C63:xx

HP updated after battle: 04ED07:xx

I'm guessing that the "During Battle" code would be the one to use. The problem is that the emulator I'm using (Gens 9.5b) won't let me add any codes for some reason, so I can't test them. I tried using a few other emulators, but my save state wasn't compatible, and there was no way I was going through that 20 minute intro again. lol. Although the long intro wasn't all that bad because there was a naked girl involved. :-)

Let me know if either of those codes work for Hiro's HP. Just replace the "xx" in the code with the HP value you want.
            Genesis Plus GX Can Use 16-Bit Writes,Example:
            Sonic & Knuckles Inf/999 Rings FFFE20:03E7

Comment

Originally posted by 47iscool View Post
              Genesis Plus GX Can Use 16-Bit Writes,Example:
              Sonic & Knuckles Inf/999 Rings FFFE20:03E7
              The only Windows port of Genesis Plus GX that I could find wouldn't run on my PC.

Comment

Lunar Eternal Blue (SCD)

Hawkeyes, after reading some Sega CD RAM info, there is one more PAR code you can try. It's just a slightly different code than the original code I posted. The original code was - HP updated after battle: 04ED07:xx. The new code to try is: HP updated after battle: 02ED07:xx. As long as you don't die during battle, whatever value you put in your code *should* be updated to your HP after a battle. I have no way to test this code, so absolutely no guarantees that it will work.

Here are some ISO hacks that I haven't tested yet (because the intro is too long), but they should work. When I get some time, I'll check them to make sure they work.

Open up your "Lunar Eternal Blue.bin" file with a hex editor. Click on "Find" and make sure it's set to search for hex values. Type in 02181818181A and click on OK (or Find). There should only be one match. These are 6 of the items that Hiro starts a new game with. You can change these values to start with any 6 items you want. For a list of which values to use for different items, look here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608

When you've made the changes in your hex editor, save and exit. Start a new game and you should see your new items in your inventory for Hiro.

Here's how to change Hiro's starting current and max HP and MP...

Use the same search as before: 02181818181A. If you look 26 bytes before that match, you'll see Hiro's normal starting current and max HP and MP. The values are 00140014000F000F. Change the 00140014 to 03200320 to have Hiro start with 800/800 HP. Change the 000F000F to whatever you want his MP to be. 00630063 would give you 99/99 MP. Save your changes and start a new game.

I think his other attributes are right after the HP and MP values in the bin file. It shows 0502040205060C02 in the hex editor. Try changing those and see if it changes Hiro's stats. It should change his Atk Pwr, Def Pwr, Agility, etc.

Again, I haven't tested these hacks yet, but I'm pretty sure they will work.

EDIT: You can hack all of these into you bin file at the same time if you want.

EDIT 2: The magic that Hiro starts with are right there too. There is a "01" and "0D" in there right after the stat values. You can probably change those to start with any magic you want.

EDIT 3: Remember, after you make these hacks, you MUST start a new game. These hacks won't work on a saved game.
                Last edited by Tony H; 03-05-2013, 08:15:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                  Try these if they don't work...

HP during battle: 202C62:xx or 202C64:xx

HP updated after battle: 04ED06:xx or 04ED08:xx

I'm not surprised that the PAR codes didn't work. I'm not going to post any more PAR codes for this game because there are too many reasons why SCD PAR codes might not work, so I'm going to suggest using ISO/bin hacks instead. ISO hacks will work, no matter which emulator you're using.
                  Cheat Device Software (Pro Action Replay and Game Genie) for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (including Emulators)
                  1. Can see the data on the Gen/MD RAM (0000-FFFF)(PAR FF0000-FFFFFF) and Gen/MD ROM Only
                  2. CanNot see SegaCD/MegaCD (prg) RAM (0000000-00080000).
                  3. CanNot see 32X RAM
                  To solve Problem on Emulators is to use External Cheat Device Software like ArtMoney, Cheat Engine, Emucheat, etc.
                  Last edited by lee4; 03-05-2013, 08:46:53 AM.
                  lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
                  When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
                  *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
                  >)

Comment

Originally posted by lee4 View Post
                    Cheat Device Software (Pro Action Replay and Game Genie) for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (including Emulators)
                    1. Can see the data on the Gen/MD RAM (0000-FFFF)(PAR FF0000-FFFFFF) and Gen/MD ROM Only
                    3. CanNot see 32X RAM
                    To solve Problem on Emulators is to use External Cheat Device Software like ArtMoney, Cheat Engine, Emucheat, etc.
                    That depends on the emulator. MESS can see and alter it all.
                    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by lee4 View Post
                      3. CanNot see 32X RAM
                      I've used Cheat Engine before, but it has some limitations when it comes to emulator hacking, so I only use it as a last resort.

Comment

Hawkeyes, found more ISO/bin hacking info for Lunar Eternal Blue (SCD)...

Use the same search as before with your hex editor: 02181818181A. There's only 1 match. But remember that if you already hacked those values earlier, you'll need to change your search. The ROM/bin address should be: $08F9832E.

A few bytes before this, you'll see these 2 values: 39 71. The 39 is the Dagger that Hiro is normally equipped with, and 71 are the Peasant Clothes. You can change those to have Hiro start a new game with any weapon or any armor you want. Use the link above to find the right hex values to use.

Right after the 02181818181A, you'll see 6 bytes of 00. These are 6 empty spaces you can use for any items you want in your starting inventory.

There are several other places that can be hacked to let you start with different magic, weapons, armor, etc, but all this is getting kind of messy. I'll do some more looking/testing and write a more organized file.
                        Last edited by Tony H; 03-05-2013, 09:41:22 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help though I don't know if I'll be successful in this I will try,my math skills are so low a 2nd grader could do me in in a math contest,lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post
                            Thank you very much for your help though I don't know if I'll be successful in this I will try,my math skills are so low a 2nd grader could do me in in a math contest,lol.
                            Make a backup copy of your bin file in case something goes wrong. It's a huge file (577 MB), so if you have a slow connection like me, it will take a little time to download it again. Easier to make a backup.

If you have any trouble figuring out your hex editor, let me know.

EDIT: If you can't figure out how to hack your bin file, I can make an IPS patch, but then there's the problem of which items you want, which magic, etc. If you do the hacking yourself, you can decide what you want. But if you want an IPS patch, figure out what you want and let me know.
                            Last edited by Tony H; 03-05-2013, 10:47:28 PM.

Comment

Hmm,if you are willing to make me an ips patch that would be great.I got a game freeze when I opened the status screen after the intro when I tried to do it myself.heres a list of things I would like...

hiro
                              starting hp:230/230
                              starting mp:99/99
                              starting weapon:Flame Saber
                              starting armor:Platinum Armor
                              blank slots:Heal Ringx3,Pyro Helm,Thunder Shield,Lightning Armor

also take note that hero obtains a key item after the intro video I think it is a dragons eye gem or something like that,I might have overwritten it by mistake resulting in the freeze I got so be careful and thanks again.
                              Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-05-2013, 11:48:16 PM.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good IPS program that can create and apply IPS patches? I need one that can handle large file sizes (577MB). My old favorite (Lunar IPS) says it will only handle up to 16MB.
                                Last edited by Tony H; 03-06-2013, 07:54:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X