• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony H
    replied
    More of the cleaned up hacking notes.

Lunar: Eternal Blue (SCD)

To hack Ruby's starting items...
    With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 181818181A1A. These are
    the 6 items that Ruby normally starts with. Right after this string you'll find
    a whole bunch of zeros. You can change those zeros to have Ruby start with an
    extra 66 items! That's 66 of any items, weapons, or armor that you want. Just
    pick which items you want from this list, and hack in the hex numbers it gives
    you: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608
    You'll find a "0016" at the end of all those zeros. Make sure that you don't
    change that "0016" at the end. In other words, don't try to hack more than 66
    new items. Must start a new game for this hack to work.

To hack what's for sale at the shop in Larpa...
    With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of: 393E7172B41820. These
    are the normal items that are for sale in the shop. Just change those numbers to
    whatever items, weapons, or armor you want using the matching hex numbers from
    this list:http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608
    This hack will work on new or saved games.

To hack how much magic experience a spell class needs to level up...
    With your hex editor, search for the only occurrence of: 000F001A003D0085. This
    is the start of the magic experience needed for each "level up". There are 29
    levels. Each level uses 2 bytes. The last level has a hex value of 9883. If
    you wanted to go all the way to the last level, just change all those bytes to
    zeros, except the 9883. Now the next time you get any magic experience, you
    should level all the way up. Keep in mind that I haven't tested this yet, so
    use it at your own risk.

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    You're welcome. Glad it worked.

I made a small mistake on one of my possible hacks. I said I could hack how fast your characters level up, but after looking some more, it looks like it's really how much magic experience a spell class needs to level up instead. Not sure if it's the same thing as regular character leveling up. Working on the details now, and will post when I finish it.
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-09-2013, 06:54:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    Ok it seems to be working ruby has new items,and game didn't freeze upon opening menuthank you so very much!
    Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-09-2013, 05:57:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post
    Just applied the hack I hope it works,keep your fingers crossed and thank you very much
    Fingers are crossed. :-) Keep me posted.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    Just applied the hack I hope it works,keep your fingers crossed and thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    To hack Ruby's starting items, search for the only occurrence of: 181818181A1A. These are the 6 items that Ruby normally starts with. In the hack, I left them there since we have plenty of room.

As Before, I've made two screen shots of my hex editor... one before the hack, and one after. The before shot shows Ruby's normal items highlighted in black. The after shot show's her normal items highlighted in black, and all the new hacks are in red. Pretty sure I got everything you wanted.

Before...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RubyBefore.png
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	162272

After...

Name:	RubyAfter.png
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	162273

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    that would do great,I'll have to start over again but don't worry I'm only 10 minutes into the game past the intro;one or two more times would not hurtas for ruby's items X10 Ice Blades would do;they have a price of 62000 so I'll most likely get 31000 each for them if this game is like most RPG's.also could you add the other items I wanted to her inventory?they are as follows:Battle Hammerx1,Razor Fan x1,Mystra Braceletx1,Blazing Robex2,Spiked Jacketx1,Angel Tearsx6,Heal Ringx3,Snake Ringx6,Tri-Ringx6,Dragonfly Wingx6,Silver Lightx5
    I think thats 59 items in all,which will leave her room for other stuff.
    Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-09-2013, 04:07:08 PM. Reason: forgot some more stuff

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    That's the same faq I'm using. Sorry to hear about your SD card. Since you're starting over, do you want to hack that stuff into Ruby's inventory? You could even add a few really expensive items so you could sell them and have extra cash.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    well it seems to have worked although I had to start over due to my sd card going wacko.I just hope I can buy the rings ok; they don't normally seem to be for sale in shops according to http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/38590
    they do not have a price listed like other stuff so I assume you can't normally buy them.Wish me luck!

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    Trying it now will post what happens

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    OK, open up your Lunar: Eternal Blue bin file with your hex editor. Search for the only occurrence of: 393E7172B41820. Those are the 7 items for sale in the Larpa shop. I've made 2 screen shots of my hex editor. The "before" shot has the string you searched for highlighted in black, before I've made any changes. Make sure everything looks the same in your hex editor. The "after" shot shows the 3 bytes that you'll need to change in red. In short, change this: 39 3E 71 72 B4 18 20 to this: 39 24 25 72 2B 18 20.

BEFORE...

Name:	LarpaBefore.png
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	162270

AFTER...

Name:	LarpaAfter.png
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	162271
    Last edited by Tony H; 03-09-2013, 12:24:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    Short Sword, Peasant Clothes,Bandanna
    these are all unneeded thanks to the hacks you did before

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    These are the items for sale in the shop... Dagger, Short Sword, Peasant Clothes, Leather Armor, Bandanna, Herb, and Purity Herb. I haven't been to the shop, I'm only going by what's in a FAQ I'm reading.

Pick 3 of those items you can live without.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyes
    replied
    item shop(herbs,antidote,etc.)or equipment shop which one did you find?
    if it is the item shop get rid of anything
    same thing if it is the equipment shop because you can buy the same stuff in both types of shop later

Leave a comment:

• Tony H
    replied
    Also, which 3 items in the shop in Larpa do you want me to get rid of to make room for the 3 rings you want?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X