Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just applied the hack I hope it works,keep your fingers crossed and thank you very much
    A Wise Man once said that common sense is really not that common.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeyes View Post
      Just applied the hack I hope it works,keep your fingers crossed and thank you very much
      Fingers are crossed. :-) Keep me posted.
      The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Ok it seems to be working ruby has new items,and game didn't freeze upon opening menuthank you so very much!
        Last edited by hawkeyes; 03-09-2013, 05:57:30 PM.

Comment

• You're welcome. Glad it worked.

I made a small mistake on one of my possible hacks. I said I could hack how fast your characters level up, but after looking some more, it looks like it's really how much magic experience a spell class needs to level up instead. Not sure if it's the same thing as regular character leveling up. Working on the details now, and will post when I finish it.
          Last edited by Tony H; 03-09-2013, 06:54:56 PM.

Comment

• More of the cleaned up hacking notes.

Lunar: Eternal Blue (SCD)

To hack Ruby's starting items...
            With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 181818181A1A. These are
            the 6 items that Ruby normally starts with. Right after this string you'll find
            a whole bunch of zeros. You can change those zeros to have Ruby start with an
            extra 66 items! That's 66 of any items, weapons, or armor that you want. Just
            pick which items you want from this list, and hack in the hex numbers it gives
            you: http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608
            You'll find a "0016" at the end of all those zeros. Make sure that you don't
            change that "0016" at the end. In other words, don't try to hack more than 66
            new items. Must start a new game for this hack to work.

To hack what's for sale at the shop in Larpa...
            With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of: 393E7172B41820. These
            are the normal items that are for sale in the shop. Just change those numbers to
            whatever items, weapons, or armor you want using the matching hex numbers from
            this list:http://www.gamefaqs.com/segacd/58796...lue/faqs/36608
            This hack will work on new or saved games.

To hack how much magic experience a spell class needs to level up...
            With your hex editor, search for the only occurrence of: 000F001A003D0085. This
            is the start of the magic experience needed for each "level up". There are 29
            levels. Each level uses 2 bytes. The last level has a hex value of 9883. If
            you wanted to go all the way to the last level, just change all those bytes to
            zeros, except the 9883. Now the next time you get any magic experience, you
            should level all the way up. Keep in mind that I haven't tested this yet, so
            use it at your own risk.

Comment

• alright,thank you though unless you make a money hack I think I'm through hacking this game for now though I don't know if it will be necessary with those 10 ice blades,those will bring me alot of dough lol

Comment

• Hey Tony, just wanted to ask a question about Sonic CD. In one of your tutorials you said you may add instructions on how to get the "never lose rings when hit" code to work on the entire Sonic CD. So, have you given any more thought?

I see that part of the data you search for in that hex string is FF1512, which is his rings address so does that mean that game might store them elsewhere when starting a new game? I've only ever started and played through 1 profile on it so I don't know how/if it (the game) changes his rings address. TBH I would love to see some more Sonic CD ISO hacks if you could.

Just a thought, I'm not the type of person who trys to push others into getting what I want like PCF did with NB82.
                Last edited by 47iscool; 12-15-2013, 07:31:11 PM.

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Sonic CD uses separate programming for each level (unlike the Genesis version). To get the "never lose rings when hit" to work for all levels, you'll need to open up your Sonic CD ISO file with a hex editor and find every occurrence of "33FC000000FF1512" and change it to "6006000000FF1512". Each occurrence will probably be for a different level. Save your changes and test it out. Let me know if it works.
                  Last edited by Tony H; 12-15-2013, 08:57:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                    If I remember correctly, Sonic CD uses separate programming for each level (unlike the Genesis version). To get the "never lose rings when hit" to work for all levels, you'll need to open up your Sonic CD ISO file with a hex editor and find every occurrence of "33FC000000FF1512" and change it to "6006000000FF1512". Each occurrence will probably be for a different level. Save your changes and test it out. Let me know if it works.
                    Alrighty thanks, will do. Have you thought about timers or one hit kill codes too? I would try to but you and Nolberto know a lot more about MC68000 than I do. Anyways great job.

I wonder if Genesis Plus GX will ever allow such codes like that to be used, you know like ROM (ISO in this case) offset patching like the Game Genie.
                    Last edited by 47iscool; 12-17-2013, 04:33:14 AM.

Comment

• I may work on more codes for Sonic CD, but the main problem would be that people would have to hack the ISO file themselves with a hex editor. I don't think IPS patching programs will work on large files like an ISO file. Anyways, I have a lot of vacation days coming up, so should have some free time to look into Sonic CD some more.

Comment

• Can you find codes for shining force cd?
                        Last edited by jamie90; 01-11-2014, 09:23:05 PM.

Comment

• Can you find codes for shining force cd.
                          Last edited by jamie90; 01-11-2014, 09:25:59 PM. Reason: because i dont want to get ban

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie90 View Post
                            Can you find codes for shining force cd.
                            This better be the only thread I see you post this request.
                            Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helder View Post
                              This better be the only thread I see you post this request.
                              i have been tring to make a iso with this would some one help me
                              Have All 7 Time Stones/Good Futures FF0F20:7F00
                              Infinite Time FF1516:0000
                              Always Have 100 RingsFF1513:0064
                              can some one make me a patch
                              for that please

sonic cd is the par files i need help with
                              but want to patch it to the iso need help
                              i have been tring to make a iso with this would some one help me
                              Have All 7 Time Stones/Good Futures FF0F20:7F00
                              Infinite Time FF1516:0000
                              Always Have 100 RingsFF1513:0064
                              can some one make me a patch
                              for that please
                              Last edited by Helder; 08-15-2014, 03:41:13 PM. Reason: Don't double post within minutes apart. Use the Edit Button and learn some patience.

Comment

• Here's a link to a guide that explains how to hack a couple things in the Sonic CD ISO: http://codehut.gshi.org/SonicCDhack.txt

Comment

Working...
                                X