• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: RetroArch + Cheat Engine

I'd like to request a cheat engine table to use with this great emulator:
    http://themaister.net/retroarch.html
    (all the cores if possible)
    Last edited by eadmaster; 12-23-2012, 03:00:27 AM.
    Codes and requests made by me

You will have to find your own offsets since to have codes for the cores means having every code we currently have on site made over to a cheat engine table would mean 10 of thousands of codes, I doubt anyone will do that.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I meant some generic tables like these for ArtMoney:
      http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/32...oney-Emulators

Comment

I use cheat engine often but am unfamiliar with any table features like in artmoney, if it does have something similar I could make some tables up for you. If you find info if there is I will just need to see how its setup.
        Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I'm a bit new to CheatEngine, so i can't help you much.
          As alternative, there's EmuHaste that already supports many emulators.

Once a cheat table is done i will try to convert an existing codes collection (like these or these) for use with RetroArch.
          Btw the emulator is still in heavy development, so the memory addresses are very likely to change after each release...
          Last edited by eadmaster; 12-29-2012, 04:25:04 AM.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but even today RetroArch does not have cheats support.

However using Cheat Engine to cheat on RetroArch works great. RetroArch does not have a built-in cheat engine and I believe the MESS and bSNES cheat support is also broken.

With Cheat Engine, you can save your cheats in tables to use them later and you can assign Hot Keys to change or to Enable/Disable cheats since some games require the cheats to be turn off to proceed sometimes for example the unlimited hearts cheat for Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, it needs to be turned off at the end of each level.

To cheat on emulators with Cheat Engine, searching for byte seems to work best.

http://www.cheatengine.org

However I'm still not sure how I would convert the already created cheats for example using Magic Engine emulator to CE cheats. The addresses seem to be way different.

Example

Magic Engine

Infinite Hearts
            F82094:99

Infinite Lives
            F8208D:99

--------------

Cheat Engine with RetroArch

Infinite Hearts
            618EC9D4:99

Infinite Lives
            618EC9CD:99
            Last edited by saulin; 08-28-2014, 05:43:10 PM.

Comment

To revive an old thread, RetroArch does now support cheats. If works well with game gear and PAR codes.

Is there a way I can download the cheat database here in order to convert it to files that RetroArch can read?

Comment

is there a cheat file that I can use to add to my Raspberry Pi 3 for PC engine and PC engine CD games.

Comment

Accidental Double Post.
                  Last edited by terpsfan101; 11-05-2017, 03:40:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manorock850 View Post
                    is there a cheat file that I can use to add to my Raspberry Pi 3 for PC engine and PC engine CD games.
                    RetroArch's Beetle/Mednafen PCE FAST core doesn't have cheat support yet:

http://docs.libretro.com/library/beetle_pce_fast/
                    Last edited by terpsfan101; 01-18-2018, 04:14:53 AM.

Comment

thank you for that information if this question has been answered I apologize in advance for re asking. I don't talk on the forms too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X