This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Snes] Tactics Ogre Trainer

I'm no longer providing Tactics ogre Trainer.

Administrators/moderators, please delete my tactics ogre trainer thread.
    Last edited by silentkiller; 03-24-2013, 09:04:50 PM.
    Keep Smile + Let's be together !! + Magical Glasses + Cowabunga + Superhero + Maximum Carnage

Nice! you should upload that some rom hacking sites too.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helder View Post
      Nice! you should upload that some rom hacking sites too.
      Thank you.
      Keep Smile + Let's be together !! + Magical Glasses + Cowabunga + Superhero + Maximum Carnage

Comment

Hey,

I'm a regular over at the LUCT Tactics Ogre forum (here) and I was wondering if we could trouble you for the .cmf data used to make this trainer. You see, there is a new hack for the SNES Tactics Ogre called Chronicle Valeria which expands upon the classes, items and such. We have the digits mapped out for many of the new items and all of the new classes, and we would greatly enjoy having a trainer which incorporates that information. Feel free to drop by the forums, or I will check back here periodically.

Thanks,
        Goose.

edit: I forgot to say, excellent work on the trainer! It works quite well with the CV hack as is.
        Last edited by Dude Goose; 10-04-2011, 11:08:21 AM.

Comment

Hey there,

I also hail from the Tactics Ogre Forums (I'm an admin there) and I'd like to first thank you for making such tool available. It's extremely handy, great work!

I'd also like to add something to what Dude Goose said: It's my understanding that developers/programmers/coders are usually reluctant to share the source of their creations, which is perfectly understandable, so if you refuse to hand out any data I'd like to at least ask you to make it so every digit can be found in the item/class combo boxes, since the creators of Chronicle Valeria used every remaining free digit to add features to the game (such as more items after Pumpkin (CF)). Again, the trainer is already very useful with CV, but this little tweak would save people a lot of work (due to the lack of a shopper's delight code in the SNES version).

I also recommend anyone to try the CV hack, it improves the game in several ways, giving it a lot of reply value.

Cheers,
          Clockworker

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Goose View Post
            Hey,

I'm a regular over at the LUCT Tactics Ogre forum (here) and I was wondering if we could trouble you for the .cmf data used to make this trainer. You see, there is a new hack for the SNES Tactics Ogre called Chronicle Valeria which expands upon the classes, items and such. We have the digits mapped out for many of the new items and all of the new classes, and we would greatly enjoy having a trainer which incorporates that information. Feel free to drop by the forums, or I will check back here periodically.

Thanks,
            Goose.

edit: I forgot to say, excellent work on the trainer! It works quite well with the CV hack as is.
            I can give you the tactics ogre.cmf data for the Tactics Ogre Chronicle Valeria under two conditions
            1)Please include my name on the Tactics Ogre Chronicle Valeria trainer on (Special Thanks Section).
            2)Both you and Clockworker should add reputation points to my threads.

The 7zip file contains the tactics ogre.cmf (the layout and the hex address of the trainer) secured with password unless you agree with my above terms.
            Then, I can sent password to both you and clockworker using private message sending function in this forum.
            Last edited by silentkiller; 10-04-2011, 08:14:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I gave you some reputation for the original post, it says something about spreading some rep before giving some to you again.

We'll be sure to put your name on it, afterall we're only doing a small modification on a program that was built entirely by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockworker View Post
                Thanks! I gave you some reputation for the original post, it says something about spreading some rep before giving some to you again.

We'll be sure to put your name on it, afterall we're only doing a small modification on a program that was built entirely by yourself.
                I see that you have added reputation points to me, I have added reputation points back to you and Dude Goose.

Of course, I will just wait for Dude Goose to add reputation points to me and reply the post.

Then, I will send the password to both of you at the same time.

Comment

Haha no problem. We'll be sure to give you all the credit that is due.

Comment

Haha no problem. We'll be sure to give you all the credit that is due.
                    I just send the password to both of you (Dude Goose and Clockworker).

Please click on Notifications-> Inbox to view my message.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockworker View Post

Can you redo the character name modifier?

I am sure that the japanese text text hex value can be easily found (00-FF) in order to do a english translation.

Two byte represent one character/word.

I assumed there are 65535 characters for this game.
                      Last edited by silentkiller; 10-05-2011, 08:25:59 PM.

Comment

That's more work than Clockworker and I intend to do, translating 65,000 characters! In the Chronicle Valeria hack there is actually a feature for renaming your units--you go to the character's status screen in edit mode and press the START button. This takes you to a menu with access to hiragana, kanji, katakana and english tables. Since we are modifying your work specifically for the CV hack, it's not really necessary. If you want us to send you the .cmf data we arrive at so that you can finish the name section, I am sure that can be arranged.

Honestly we don't have any active members who are fluent in japanese or robust hex editing right now, so this will be a work in progress. I myself am working on adding Chaos Frame to the trainer, and the new FAME attribute once we can isolate a weird address issue.
                        Last edited by Dude Goose; 10-06-2011, 01:41:21 AM.

Comment

Alright, here's our work!

Tactics Ogre Chronicle Valeria Trainer

Mediafire Mirror
                          Megaupload Mirror

-for exclusive use with Snes9x v1.53

Screenshot 1
                          Screenshot 2

This trainer was created by Clockworker, Dud Goose, Pipo and silentkiller.
                          It will work with vanilla LUCT if you DO NOT edit values to CV-specific items and classes. Beware.

Features:
                          -Name Modifier section has been removed due to Japanese text errors with replaced values.
                          -Element Modifier has been fixed for all positions.
                          -New class digits with full English translation.
                          -New item digits with partial English translation.
                          -Chaos Frame Modifier is fully operational for all races.
                          -Fixed alignment issues with text boxes.
                          -Customized Valeria map background.

Special thanks to silentkiller for his wonderful source code.
                          Enjoy!
                          Last edited by Dude Goose; 10-06-2011, 01:42:43 PM.

Comment

Alright, here's our work!

Tactics Ogre Chronicle Valeria Trainer

Mediafire Mirror
                            Megaupload Mirror

-for exclusive use with Snes9x v1.53

Screenshot 1
                            Screenshot 2

This trainer was created by Clockworker, Dud Goose, Pipo and silentkiller.
                            It will work with vanilla LUCT if you DO NOT edit values to CV-specific items and classes. Beware.

Features:
                            -Name Modifier section has been removed due to Japanese text errors with replaced values.
                            -Element Modifier has been fixed for all positions.
                            -New class digits with full English translation.
                            -New item digits with partial English translation.
                            -Chaos Frame Modifier is fully operational for all races.
                            -Fixed alignment issues with text boxes.
                            -Customized Valeria map background.

Special thanks to silentkiller for his wonderful source code.
                            Enjoy!
                            Nice work! I believe there will be version 2 of this trainer.

I bet there will be other trainers for Tactics Ogre series if you have mood to create them.
                            1)Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen Snes Version
                            2)Ogre Battle 64
                            3)Tactics Ogre LUCT PSX Version
                            4)Tactics Ogre Knight of lodis GBA version

I think you guys have figure out how powerful this trainer maker kit is.
                            Last edited by silentkiller; 10-06-2011, 09:11:51 PM.

Comment

I'm actually very keen on taking a shot at making a trainer for the PSX version, but I just had to restart my C# project for school so I'm out of time at least for the next few days. It's certainly in my plans however. And yes, definitely iit's a simple, but very powerful tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X