Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code Submission Guidelines (Please read!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Submission Guidelines (Please read!)

When submitting codes to GSHI, there are a couple of things to keep in mind (in no particular order):

- Always give credit where it's due. If someone else hacked the joker command you used to complete a code you hacked, give credit to that hacker for the joker command. If someone helped you hack a code, at least shout a thanks out to them in your notes. It's just common courtesy.

- In your thread subject, enter the game system, cheat system, Region (if applicable), and game you're posting codes for. If you're posting codes for multiple games, or even multiple games of multiple regions for multiple game and/or cheat systems, just use your better judgment.

- When adding codes, staff members first enter the code description [Infinite Life], then notes [You can still die if blown up], then the code [700045 88]. Please keep this in mind when posting, and, if possible, post your codes in this format (SNES PAR code used as an example):

Infinite Life (You can still die if blown up)
    700045 88

...however, if you have a large note (something that doesn't fit on one line), feel free to post it at the end of the code, and we'll work around it.

- Please try to use proper spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation. We do not want to spend countless hours correcting your errors, nor do we want to have a database chock full of them, because neither you, nor we were un-lazy enough to fix them. Please do your part to keep the database clean and streamlined.

That's all I can think of for the moment. Staff members, feel free to add anything that comes to mind.
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

"- When adding codes, staff members first enter the code description [Infinite Life], then the code [700045 88], then notes [You can still die if blown up]. Please keep this in mind when posting, and, if possible, post your codes in this format."

A better Example

Infinite Life(You can still die if blown up)
    700045 88

RIP MOM 6-27-52 - 12-25-10

Comment

Well, not really. That would mean that the person adding the codes would have to add the code description, then the notes, then the code...or is that easier with ugetab's code submission app (I can't recall)?

Comment

form filler reads the Codes that way C&P and hit the convert codes button

Before
        Infinite Life(You can still die if blown up)

After

Infinite Life 70004588 You can still die if blown up
        Last edited by Hybrid; 07-24-2008, 10:58:11 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Would...

Infinite Life (You can still die if blown up)

Work fine as well, or does it have to lack a space?

Comment

yeah that would work

Comment

I see. But if you were to copy and paste in the way I mentioned above, it wouldn't work correctly?

Infinite Life

7E4838 88

Note: You'll still die if blown up

Comment

assuming thats snes par
                Infinite Life
                7E483888
                Note: You'll still die if blown up

like that you lose the note exactly as you have it posted the code is not recognised
                Last edited by Hybrid; 07-24-2008, 11:34:54 AM.

Comment

I've posted codes the following way for awhile:

SNES PAR

Fallujah Assault

Infinite Energy (Note: You still die if you fall off a rooftop)
                  7E0000:FF
                  Infinite Ammo
                  7E0001:FF
                  Infinite Lives
                  7E0002:03

Genesis Game Genie

Golden Tommyhatchet

Infinite Energy (Note: Can still die if you fall off the screen)
                  GOTO-HELL
                  Infinite Lives
                  OFFP-ANTS

I try to post the code as its genre generally appears in most other lists, or how it's entered into an emulator. (Doesn't much matter when using REAL PARs, GGs, etc.) I USUALLY post FVEU codes with the value in decimal, as that's how I hack'em.

Should I change this? should I change the spacing or punctuation? I shall be happy to post new codes any way you wish to make it easier for you to add them.
                  I come from a smart family...In the Civil War, my great-grandpa fought for the WEST.

Comment

the SNES par should not include the : eg 7E0000FF
                    and there really is no need to add the word "note" to the note but its not too bad to fix

th GG looks fine

FCEU codes should be posted in hex

for example

Friday the 13th
                    Shoot Rocks Straight
                    0441:C1

Another AVGN complaint fixed for another game
                    Last edited by Hybrid; 07-25-2008, 04:36:13 PM.

Comment

Hmm...but there's still the issue of codes with huge notes...which you see more for newer systems than for older ones. There's no way twenty lines of text is going in parentheses next to a line of code.

I guess we'll just have to work around those, heh.

OK, good to know; I'll update the first post of this thread.

Comment

It would also be helpful if the person submitting codes mentions what name they wish to go by, assuming it's not the same as their name on the forums.

Comment

Harley's Humongous Adventure (All versions including Beta)

Inf Time
                          7E1C3B:64
                          "Roll The Bones" - Rush
                          Patreon.com/nensondubois Twitter #nensondubois_Youtube.com/user/nensondubois

Comment

nensondubois, this is not the place to post codes. This is just where are the rules on how to submit the codes.
                            Insteed post the codes here: http://gshi.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11
                            And remember to write for what console is the game.
                            Last edited by VisitntX; 08-03-2008, 11:17:06 AM.
                            "Dizzy my future, silly my way."
                            "Under my flag I live free."

Comment

Originally posted by nensondubois View Post
                              Harley's Humongous Adventure (All versions including Beta)

Inf Time
                              7E1C3B:64
                              Heh, is this the real nensondubois, or just a joke?

Comment

Working...
                              X