[Request] NES Double Dragon Always Have Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] NES Double Dragon Always Have Knives

I was wondering if there was a way to start the game with the knife and keep it throughout the game? Ive been working on and off on this for a few years and the solution is probably out of my league. Using the codes we already have in the data base 1)"Weapon Modifier When Picking Up A Weapon" 2)"Always Have Ball Bat". I am able to use a knife that I picked up, turn on the Always have Ball Bat code until the screen is cleared of enemies. I can throw as many as I want which is what I was looking for. But when the screen indicates to go ahead the game usually takes any weapon away. With the codes still active I still have a knife but for whatever reason throwing it just makes me stab myself. I tried using the "Scrolling Always Allowed" code to keep it from taking the weapon away but it doesnt do much good. It seems the Always Have Ball Bat code is also needed to tell the system you still have a knife even through you threw one. So Im basically asking for
    1) Start the game with a knife in hand
    2) Somehow adapt the Always Have Ball Bat code to the knife without having to turn it on after you picked up a knife (If needed).
    3) Keep the throwing knifes from stabbing me after I clear a screen.

I'll help you are you using real hardware? How are you trying to make code my friend?
    Last edited by xxphillips; 08-23-2019, 11:50:36 AM.

Comment

I have something like this in my personal notes since I was doing the same thing a few years ago.

0396:80 Equipped
      This code makes it so you're always holding something in your hand, even after clearing the enemies out. It's one of those codes where a value of 00 is negative and 80 is positive.

039E:?? Weapon Mod

00 Bat
      01 Knife
      02 Whip
      03 TNT
      04 Barrel
      05 Box
      06 Rock

As for the problem of poking yourself with your own knife, it seems like this might be caused by other weapons laying on the floor. It shouldn't happen as much if you clear them out.

03A2:00 Remove dropped weapon 1
      03A3:00 Remove dropped weapon 2
      03A4:00 Remove dropped weapon 3
      03A5:00 Remove dropped weapon 4

The graphics for the knife will be scrambled everytime the enemies change. I can't seem to fix this but the knives still work at least.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_lord_zagato View Post
        I have something like this in my personal notes since I was doing the same thing a few years ago.

0396:80 Equipped
        This code makes it so you're always holding something in your hand, even after clearing the enemies out. It's one of those codes where a value of 00 is negative and 80 is positive.

039E:?? Weapon Mod

00 Bat
        01 Knife
        02 Whip
        03 TNT
        04 Barrel
        05 Box
        06 Rock

As for the problem of poking yourself with your own knife, it seems like this might be caused by other weapons laying on the floor. It shouldn't happen as much if you clear them out.

03A2:00 Remove dropped weapon 1
        03A3:00 Remove dropped weapon 2
        03A4:00 Remove dropped weapon 3
        03A5:00 Remove dropped weapon 4

The graphics for the knife will be scrambled everytime the enemies change. I can't seem to fix this but the knives still work at least.
        I dont mind the graphics being messed up. As long as said graphic acts as a knife im ok. Ill go try them now.

Comment

Thanks for info I'll look over next week or so. take care

Comment

I can confirm that 039E:01 and 0396:80 works to start the game. I played a game from the start using just these 2 codes and it will work until you get to level 2 where you start stabbing yourself with the knife. Then I added 03A2:00 03A3:00 03A4:00 03A5:00 and that problem never came back. The only issue I found besides the minor graphical glitches was in Level 3 where the stalactites come down. Once you get past those you have to jump on platforms to get across. If you have 0396:80 active you have to walk with the platforms, it will not automatically carry you. So either turn that off or walk with them. Thanks for the help dark_lord_zagato!

Comment

Originally posted by xxphillips View Post
              I'll help you are you using real hardware? How are you trying to make code my friend?
              I think we got what I was looking for. Have you had a chance to help Ramdemann with his issue on Link To The Past?

Comment

Ok happy you got what you were looking for I will start focusing on Ramdemann request now.

Comment

Working...
                X