[REQUEST] Cannot Be Tackled hack for Genesis Maddens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQUEST] Cannot Be Tackled hack for Genesis Maddens

1st time registered user, lurkin' on this site for cheats for years. But I got this request for anyone who can tackle(pun) this:

Can anybody do the Cannot Be Tackled hack for ALL the Genesis Madden football games.

Of course, the reason nobody on this site bothered to do this for the Genesis Maddens(John Madden Football - Madden NFL 98) is because they used the default 3-button controller.

What I'm asking y'all is, do this request in such a way, that in order for this code to work you would have to have a 6-button Genesis controller, or if you have a Retro Freak or a Retron 5 any controller with 6 or more buttons like the SN30 from 8BitDo. Otherwise, the code won't work.
    Last edited by GameDre; 01-22-2018, 09:34:25 PM.

I'm going to go for a long shot here... Are you going to play the game with someone that will be using a 3 button controller while you'll be using a 6 button?
    Last edited by Tony H; 01-23-2018, 12:13:18 AM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Not Necessarily. Usually I play against the AI, but I willing to play against anyone no matter what controller they're using.

Comment

A Hold C button code to not be tackled code could be made for the Genesis. I was looking at Madden 97. The C button controls 3 moves and the CPU tries to pick the best one at a given time.The moves are Stiff Arm, Speed Burst, and Hurdle. You'd likely have to make a code for each of the three moves.

I tried to make a code for it and all I ended up with was a code that only worked after you held C after hurdling. Once I held C, it was permanently enabled until the play was over.

03F71C:8000

I tried to follow nolberto82's lead with a conditional branch afterwards for when you let go of the button. Branch Positive or Branch Negative was the one that was going to work in my case, but I had no idea what to branch to. Even if I had the right branch and branch value, it still may not have stopped the code when I let go of the button.
        Last edited by terpsfan101; 01-23-2018, 05:13:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by terpsfan101 View Post
          A Hold C button code to not be tackled code could be made for the Genesis. I was looking at Madden 97. The C button controls 3 moves and the CPU tries to pick the best one at a given time.The moves are Stiff Arm, Speed Burst, and Hurdle. You'd likely have to make a code for each of the three moves.

I tried to make a code for it and all I ended up with was a code that only worked after you held C after hurdling. Once I held C, it was permanently enabled until the play was over.

03F71C:8000

I tried to follow nolberto82's lead with a conditional branch afterwards for when you let go of the button. Branch Positive or Branch Negative was the one that was going to work in my case, but I had no idea what to branch to. Even if I had the right branch and branch value, it still may not have stopped the code when I let go of the button.

Which is why I requested this for a Genesis 6-button gamepad as you can code the cannot be tackled hack to either the X,Y, or Z buttons since they're the 3 buttons not in use when playing Madden on the Genesis.

Comment

i'll look into it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X