[Request] Codes for Pulseman (MD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] Codes for Pulseman (MD)

Hi all, I'd like to request a few codes for this Mega Man/Sonic-like game that as far as I understand aren't yet in the database.

1. Extended "flight": Make the volteccer/"arkanoid" move go on infinitely (until the button is pressed again) regardless of if the player is hitting a wall or not with it.

2. Better "flight" controls: Make it possible to also go diagonally downwards with the aforementioned move for better control. Currently just diagonally upwards is possible.

3a. Easier charging: Make it possible to charge the volteccer by holding the attack button down as well, for easier use in tight areas/near pits/near enemies.
    3b. Alternatively, make it possible to cancel the dash move (which charges the volteccer, double tap forward) by pressing the opposite direction on the d-pad and/or by jumping.
    3c. Another alternative could be to make the movement acceleration a bit faster so that Pulseman starts running sooner, since this also affects charging.

Thanks!

Edit:
    4. Make the "free volteccer/stay charged" power up (the lightning bolt) last until you get killed instead of until you enter the next screen/area, so bad play is what removes it instead of progression.
    Last edited by uffbulle; 08-16-2017, 08:25:54 AM.

Bumping this once in the hope that someone can pick it up now. I guess 1 and 4 are the most straightforward ones.

Comment

Some of those sound interesting. Will take a look.
      The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Pulseman (J) (Genesis/MD)

A2DA-EA7A
        Infinite Voltteccer once you have it.

Not tested much yet, but it may only last until you die or finish the level.

=====

Not what you requested, but the Voltteccer has some very strange programming. I may not be able to fill all your requests, but still working on it.

Comment

Cool, thanks for having a look at these. Yeah this one activates as soon as you charge and stays after death, but it's still fun to play around with.

Comment

Originally posted by uffbulle View Post
            3c. Another alternative could be to make the movement acceleration a bit faster so that Pulseman starts running sooner, since this also affects charging.

REGA-E6VW
            Pulseman accelerates much faster. This also causes the Voltteccer to charge much faster (and in a shorter distance).

BJGA-EA3J
            Pulseman accelerates instantly. This also causes the Voltteccer to charge instantly (once you start moving).

======

EDIT: If you want it, I have another code that makes the Voltteccer charge just a little bit faster. Barely noticeable but it's there.

EDIT2: I'll just post it, but won't add it to the db unless you feel it's worthwhile...

REGA-E6VJ
            Pulseman accelerates a tiny bit faster. This also causes the Voltteccer to charge a little bit faster (and in a slightly shorter distance).
            Last edited by Tony H; 08-18-2017, 08:29:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks, the first one feels the best to me since sliding around when turning while running can get annoying when you're doing precision platforming.
              Being able to cancel the dodge move would be the other alternative (or holding down a button a third, like in Mega Man), basically to charge on small platforms/near enemies almost on the spot when needed and without falling down or getting hit while doing it.
              Last edited by uffbulle; 08-19-2017, 07:57:52 AM.

Comment

Not requested but wasn't in the db...

C2VT-AA44
                Enable level select in the Option menu. In the Option menu, scroll down to "Map" and select your level.

=====

One of your requests said: "free volteccer/stay charged" power up (the lightning bolt). Where do I get that and how do I activate it? If you have a save state that would be great (Kega Fusion or Gens will work).
                Last edited by Tony H; 08-20-2017, 02:49:01 PM.

Comment

what about infinite time for bonus stages?

yeah i played this game on my PC with one of your codes- Infinite Voltteccer and it works fine

if i played it on my PS2's PicoDrive, it might freeze. i don't think GGGuy will help.
                  Last edited by Combusto Dragon; 08-19-2017, 07:09:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks, sent you a fusion save state via PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uffbulle View Post
                      4. Make the "free volteccer/stay charged" power up (the lightning bolt) last until you get killed instead of until you enter the next screen/area, so bad play is what removes it instead of progression.

ATDA-EA94
                      Keep your power-ups when you change screens/areas. Doesn't work when you change levels. Has only been tested on the "Free Volteccer/Stay Charged" power up (the lightning bolt).

======

The way the game is programmed, it clears a good sized chunk of RAM when you switch screens/areas. There's no easy way to isolate it to just the Lightning Bolt power-up. It looks like most of it (the part that this code affects) has to do with power-ups. Will require some testing to see if it works right. Let me know what you find. I also don't know if you will keep your power-ups when changing levels. When you get to the new screen/area, just press A and the "shield" around you will reappear.

======

Combusto, will work on your request shortly.
                      Last edited by Tony H; 08-21-2017, 05:32:11 PM. Reason: Changed/updated code descriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Combusto Dragon View Post
                        what about infinite time for bonus stages?
                        Here you go Combusto.

TAVA-EACJ
                        Bonus stages start with more time.

REYA-E6Y6
                        Bonus stages have infinite time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post

ATDA-EA94
                          Keep your power-ups when you change screens/areas. Has only been tested on the "Free Volteccer/Stay Charged" power up (the lightning bolt).

======

The way the game is programmed, it clears a good sized chunk of RAM when you switch screens/areas. There's no easy way to isolate it to just the Lightning Bolt power-up. It looks like most of it (the part that this code affects) has to do with power-ups. Will require some testing to see if it works right. Let me know what you find. I also don't know if you will keep your power-ups when changing levels. When you get to the new screen/area, just press A and the "shield" around you will reappear.

======

Combusto, will work on your request shortly.
                          Thanks. What I've noticed is that Pulseman spawns a few pixels above ground in some areas (he falls back down when you start to move), but nothing else so far.

It doesn't stay after beating a level and entering a new one, but that's fine by me.
                          Last edited by uffbulle; 08-21-2017, 11:48:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, will add it to the code description.

Comment

Working...
                            X