Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQUEST] WipEout XL (PS1) - Giving the Piranha ship weapons

Hello,
    In WipEout XL (WipEout 2097 is the PAL version), although the secret Piranha ship is the best with stats, it does not have weapons at all. Even the green transparent box that appears at the top of the screen is gone. Can anyone, if not just make a GameShark code, help me make one? I tried using Cheat Engine to search for something, but I am unsure what to search for. Any suggestions on what to do/look for would be nice!

Thanks
    Last edited by neSneSgB; 06-21-2015, 03:16:13 AM.

I would look for a on/off code maybe like 1 for having weapons and 0 (zero) for not having weapons, of course it could be different values than this but is a good reference point to go by. Basically do an equal to search with the same character with different ships until you use the Piranha ship which you do a different than search, rinse and repeat.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I tried a few different methods of searches (seeing what reads/writes the ship variable when you select one, comparing a few memory dumps while in race, and doing an unknown variable search, with no result.

Comment

Post whatever codes you have that modifies the boat along with some values of the boats and I'll have a look.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

(By ship I mean an anti-gravity racing craft )
          I don't have a GS code yet that changes it, only the address that changes.
          Another note is that it's in Cheat Engine, probably making the addresses way different.
          The address (08752BCC) changes from 00 to 04 depending on which craft you choose at the selection menu)
          00 = Feisar
          01 = AG Systems
          02 = Auricom
          03 = Qirex
          04 = Piranha
          I do have 3 memory dumps of when a Time Trial begins with 3 different craft selections (Feisar, Auricom, and Piranha) that I could upload if that would be helpful.

Comment

I forgot to mention these are for the japanese version SIPS_600.10 cause that's the version I have
            801FD955-6(2bytes) the ship address
            values:
            0009 feisar
            0100 ag system
            0203 auricom
            0306 qirex
            040c piranha

80111516 piranha item address
            this is the address for the piranha ship weapon pickups
            this is 0 initialy meaning no weapon
            weapons beiing disabled for this ship, it means this always stays at 0
            but if you are giving it values of the weapons then you can use them
            02 homing missile
            05 lightning
            07 auto pilot
            09 turbo
            0C quake
            0E smart bomb
            etc
            the item icons will not appear on screen but if you press the weapon button you'll see that you can use them
            which means that the routines handling the weapons are still functioning and only the pickup(when you are driving above the pickup square is disabled)

for the normal ships
            instruction at 8002d980 stores the value of pickup after you picked it up(probably is the same for the piranha if the routines for pickup would work)
            instruction at 80026c74 stores 0 after you used a pickup, this instruction is used for piranha too after you use an item
            Last edited by asasega; 06-23-2015, 06:20:46 AM.

Comment

I think that 80111516 should change correctly if you use the minigun cheat (pause in race, and while holding L1 + R1 + Select, press Square, Circle, X, Square, Circle, X, Triangle.

When I get home later, I'll find the Piranha's address using the minigun cheat in the US version
              Last edited by neSneSgB; 06-23-2015, 08:59:48 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna have to use MESS to hack this since we will need to do some traces to see where there are changes to the pickup routine. I suspect it to be fairly higher up than the pickup routine starts but there are tons of branches and jumps and using a trace log will simplify the task.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

For the US version, 00111516 is the Piranha's weapon, 00111246 is every other craft's weapon.
                  I had more success using PSXjin over MESS for looking at those addresses, although I'm probably using MESS's debug console incorrectly. (Specifically, I found the address, and every byte around it looks identical, but the address doesn't seem to be changing at all, which also didn't let the breakpoint work correctly.) MESS does work better than PSXjin when it comes to timing of the game, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X