X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luc-ita
    replied
    Originally posted by DPY View Post
    Unfortunately every Master Code / Cheat Combination (Both cheats on, one cheat on/one off, etc..) ends up with the same result, the game locks up right before it can get to the title screen. The same thing happened with the codes posted from 2014. I thought maybe it could be my disc this time due to age or something, but it loads just fine without booting up my Action Replay cartridge.

I have not tried playing the game on a emulator and testing the codes out there, but at this point it might be safe to assume that this particular game is pretty much "unhackable" on actual hardware, unless someone else can chime in and say that they were able to get these codes to work on their console and copy of the game.

I really do appreciate your efforts, luc-ita ; if you've got any more codes or cheats that you would like me to try out, please post them.

Edit: My Action Replay cartridge is also the older, grey 4M Plus one. I wonder if I would have better luck with these codes if I got the red "Pseudo Saturn cartridge" that came out pretty recently, heheh.
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried the game on mednafen and it works well. I found the value of life, static address for the whole game. Even with that value kept locked you can finish the game without problems. I can create other codes but they will only be usable on an emulator, I think. The same thing happened to me with some codes that I created for Nintendo 64. Real hardware limitations.

EDIT:
    DPY I've just made some codes for Sky Target:

https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...554#post210554
    Last edited by luc-ita; 06-06-2020, 04:05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    Unfortunately every Master Code / Cheat Combination (Both cheats on, one cheat on/one off, etc..) ends up with the same result, the game locks up right before it can get to the title screen. The same thing happened with the codes posted from 2014. I thought maybe it could be my disc this time due to age or something, but it loads just fine without booting up my Action Replay cartridge.

I have not tried playing the game on a emulator and testing the codes out there, but at this point it might be safe to assume that this particular game is pretty much "unhackable" on actual hardware, unless someone else can chime in and say that they were able to get these codes to work on their console and copy of the game.

I really do appreciate your efforts, luc-ita ; if you've got any more codes or cheats that you would like me to try out, please post them.

Edit: My Action Replay cartridge is also the older, grey 4M Plus one. I wonder if I would have better luck with these codes if I got the red "Pseudo Saturn cartridge" that came out pretty recently, heheh.
    Last edited by DPY; 06-04-2020, 07:46:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• luc-ita
    replied
    DPY the problem seems to be the master code. Please try the following:

F6000924 FFFF

If won't work then you could try:

F6000924 C305
    B6000B00 0000

Or

F6000924 FFFF
    B6002800 0000
    Last edited by luc-ita; 06-04-2020, 10:25:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    I'm sorry this has been so tough for you. I really do appreciate your help.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    This sucks! I hate to not be able to hack these games because the emulators aren't adept to handle these games but with some new info that has been released from someone hacking the CD Block info and releasing the info I hope the Saturn emulators to have better compatibility in the near future. We should get no$cash Martin to see if he can do a Saturn emulator like the other systems he has done with nice debuggers, hell I'll even donate one of my Saturn's to him for this cause.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    I couldn't get that to work either, I'm afraid. It boots up fine, but at the first level, the game locks up as soon as I press 'Reset'. I also tried playing the game normally with that Master Code and each separate code on (Master = Max Hits, Master = Credits) just in case, but of course, it didn't change anything in the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    So the game loads fine with just the master code on? I'm wondering if this is like the Castlevania game, so try this master code along with one code:

F6000914 230B
    B6002800 0000

in order to use it press RESET on the console when you're in level to see if the codes worked.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    Yep. I tried every combination, all with the same result. And the game loads up just fine without any of the codes on.
    Last edited by DPY; 08-13-2014, 08:05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    Did you try both master codes? And try one code at a time to see if it might be one of the codes.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    I'm sorry for being so late with this, but I just got my copy of the game earlier this week.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any of the codes to work. The game freezes up after the Sega logo fades away. It's totally up to you though, if you want to keep going with this. I still appreciate that you tried.

Leave a comment:

• orcanaoftime
    replied
    Helder, I'm in the same boat.... My poor Saturn is sitting on a shelf collecting dust lol. I haven't hooked it up in ages.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    I need to get off my lazy ass and hookup my Saturn to test it out myself but if you could test it that would be great.

Leave a comment:

• orcanaoftime
    replied
    Game looks pretty cool, never played it before.
    Last edited by orcanaoftime; 08-01-2014, 04:13:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DPY
    replied
    You are so awesome. Thank you so much!

Truth be told, I actually don't have the game with me yet. There's a store near by that has a copy for sale and I was planning on getting it for myself. Once I have it though, I'll definitely let you know how it all goes.
    Last edited by DPY; 07-29-2014, 10:40:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Helder
    replied
    With the limited tools at my disposal I was able to make 2 codes of which you will have to test out and post back your results.

Master Code
    F6000914 C305
    B6002800 0000

or

Master Code
    F6000924 C305
    B6002800 0000

Max Hits
    16041FF4 03E7

or

Max Hits
    16041FF6 03E7