X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Generator Program

Because I felt like it.

I'm starting with the ones found here -> http://tasvideos.org/PasswordGenerators.html
    River City Ransom found here -> http://ensomnya.net/projects/rcr_password/index.html

As per the source code on that page, the source can be checked out here
    Code:
    svn://gamehacking.org/gh-pw-gen
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pwd-gen.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	163753

Not very pretty yet, but there will be more generators coming. Maybe somebody with some .NET experience will come along and help me prettify it. Abystus is good at that stuff.

Current Password Generators:
    • NES: Castlevania II
    • NES: River City Ransom
    • NES: Metroid
    • NES: Punch-Out!!
    • SNES: Top Gear 2
    Attached Files
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Updated first post with the new generator for river city ransom.

Comment

Updated first post with the new generator for metroid.

Comment

I have to take a break from site dev once in a while to do something more fun. Can't lose that feeling, you know?

I've reverse-engineered the password encryption for Top Gear 2 (SNES). I can make passwords for it now, one of my favorite games of all time. After I reverse what I've done so passwords can be decrypted, I'll post the new build here.

Comment

Updated first post with the new generator for Top Gear 2.

Comment

Updated with new generator for Punch-Out!!

The stuff around the web on these passwords is, though effective, guesswork or simple collections of passwords. I reverse-engineered the asm for this generator.

Comment

Liking this thread and program, hope you keep adding to it.
              Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

any chances of adding a Zelda Oracle of Ages/seasons generator to it?

Comment

Don't they use a battery?

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
                    Don't they use a battery?
                    They do, but both games have a link system that works via passwords, there is a stand alone generator for both games, you insert the data and it generates a password you can use for both games to carry part of your progress and enable the extra dungeons and extra boss along Hero Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
                      They do, but both games have a link system that works via passwords, there is a stand alone generator for both games, you insert the data and it generates a password you can use for both games to carry part of your progress and enable the extra dungeons and extra boss along Hero Mode.
                      I will certainly check that out. There are no generators for them yet, or there is?

Comment

Here's another site if you're interested

http://www.tailsarchive.net/re/

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
                          I will certainly check that out. There are no generators for them yet, or there is?
                          here's one already done
                          http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda07Password.php

Comment

I think it's set up where you can only use it while on their site
                            Last edited by gedowski; 08-24-2015, 04:10:46 AM. Reason: a better detailed response

Comment

I just found about the River City Ransom passwords generator, and i was disappointed that it was a thing you could only use while on the website. By searching for a downloadable generator, i found that there was this one on gamehacking

It's nice that it contain password generators for multiple games. And it's only about 109ko, very great idea.

I found something that, i think, is a bug in the generator of River City Ransom. It's about the items in the inventory, they seem mixed.
                              If you want to verify, this is how i found the bug:
                              Choose D as the Password Key, put 63 in Punch, Kick, Weapon, Throwing, Agility, Defense, Strength, Will Power, Put 127 to Stamina and Max Power, select all bosses and all Skills, put 999 dollars and 99 cents, select the 6 first items in the inventory and add these 6 items in the inventory (in the exact order from 1 to 6): Stone Hands, Dragon Feet, Acro circus, Fatal Steps, Javelin Man, Grand Slam.
                              You should get the password:
                              v 3 k 1 x r f s n p f
                              z L F r n m 6 M t B' F
                              g 5 H O e V u t A g D
                              http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/97...Rgenerator.jpg

When using this password, you'll find in game that in your inventory, the items are not exactly what you selected. Not only they are not in the exact order, but a technique book has been replaced by an item "Scandal Rag".

I tried to put the exact same things in this online generator here http://ensomnya.net/projects/rcr_pas...crpassgen.html and i got a different password that is working correctly. The correct password is:
                              v 3 k 1 x r f s n p f
                              z L F r n n 5 M q 8 F
                              h 4 H O e V u t A u D

Notice how there's a couple of differences in the passwords, i don't know if there's also another bug or if it's only related to the inventory, i didn't verify yet.

Something i notice, it's not a bug, but i found the boss are not in the order we meet them in the game. So it can get confusing for one who don't know the name of every bosses. The exact order is the same as the online generator: Moose, Roxy, Benny, Clyde, Rocko, Blade, Turk, Mojo, Thor, Ivan, Otis, Tex, Randy, Andy, Cyndi.

And finally, i found there's also a password decoder, which could be a nice addition to the River City Ransom Password Generator. It's used to enter an already existing password, and it gives you the details of the password so you know what to expect before using the password in game. http://ensomnya.net/projects/rcr_password/index.html I had something similar to this in mind: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/45...RCRdecoder.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X