Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway you can add MESS trace logs for SNES,Genesis,GBA,PSX and Saturn?
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Helder View Post
      Anyway you can add MESS trace logs for SNES,Genesis,GBA,PSX and Saturn?
      Unless something changed on the MESS end, then it should already have support for all of the above excluding the SNES.
      Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

Ah ok as I using MESS to do a trace compare feature for SNES and I always got an error message about not having branches. I didn't see those other systems in the drop down list so I assumed they wouldn't work like the SNES.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Ah ok as I using MESS to do a trace compare feature for SNES and I always got an error message about not having branches. I didn't see those other systems in the drop down list so I assumed they wouldn't work like the SNES.
          They are listed by their processor respectfully. The list below:

Code:
          [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]68000[/B][/COLOR] - Genesis, Jaguar, CD-i, Arcade, etc...
          [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]ARM[/B][/COLOR]   - GBA, Arcade, etc... (no support for thumb atm, but could be added easily)
          [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]RISC[/B][/COLOR]  - PSX, N64, Arcade, etc... (MIPS)
          [COLOR="#0000FF"][B]SH-#[/B][/COLOR]  - Saturn, Arcade, etc...
          You were most likely looking for them based on the console name, so I am sorry for the confusion. If your skilled with regex though, you can add any further systems you wish easily by modifying the xml included with the app.

Comment

Unfortunately not familiar with regex, do you mind adding that into the XML or post the code for it here so I can add it manually.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately not familiar with regex, do you mind adding that into the XML or post the code for it here so I can add it manually.
              Try adding the following entry in your xml:

Code:
              	<Log Type="MESS: SNES" AnalyzeDistance="1">
              	  <Pattern>^([0-9A-F]{6}):\s(B..)\s([0-9A-F]{6})</Pattern>
              	</Log>
              I have not fully tested this as I'm at work (appears to work fine on the trace I have on hand), though if it needs tweaking I can test this evening. A more tested version will appear in the next version of the xml for sure. Let me know how it works out for you.

Comment

It works but still get that error message "No branches were matched in this file" when I load the log, I have to manually chose the log type and hit the Process button to get it to load the branches. But it does work so thanks.

Here is a sample log if you want to mess around with it.
                Attached Files

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

It works but still get that error message "No branches were matched in this file" when I load the log, I have to manually chose the log type and hit the Process button to get it to load the branches. But it does work so thanks.

Here is a sample log if you want to mess around with it.
                  It's because the app takes a small sample characters (think it is around 5000) from the beginning of the log to try an auto detect against, and it appears this log starts logging branches further down than the sample size. The "No Branches Found" notification is just stating that the auto detect did not find a match, though as you found out you can still manually work around it. I will look into a better way to pull a sample from the file, and also change the wording on that notification to prompt the user to manually select a type if nothing is found to try and prevent this issue in the future.

Comment

with functional NetCheatPS3
                    could do wheel

Comment

Hey, Abystus. Are you going to add any support for Nintendo DS?
                      I am absolutely in love with this thing! It helps me find and hack a lot of unique codes! Thank you so much for making this app!
                      Last edited by Dybbles; 04-18-2015, 08:32:09 AM.
                      I'm retired from code hacking.
                      I do not take requests!

Comment

Code:
                        <Log Type="MESS: SNES (5A22)" AnalyzeDistance="1">
                          <Pattern>^([0-9A-F]{6}):\s(B..)\s([0-9A-F]{6})</Pattern>
                        </Log>
                        Edit: lol, you posted it already.
                        Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dybbles View Post
                          Hey, Abystus. Are you going to add any support for Nintendo DS?
                          I am absolutely in love with this thing! It helps me find and hack a lot of unique codes! Thank you so much for making this app!
                          It will support NDS as soon as one of the NDS emulators are able to generate a trace log. When one of them does that, supporting it will be as easy as adding a the new log type entry to the xml file.

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
                          Edit: lol, you posted it already.
                          No problem. You get points for trying though .

Comment

Hi, I am using 2.3 and trying to use for branches from NES fcuex, but I keep getting error "No Branches were matched in this file". I have tried manually setting the log type as well as trying it automatically and tried about 4 different log files. Am I missing something??

Comment

How should my NES log file look? what needs to be outputted?
                              Mine currently look like this

P:nvUbdiZC $CC2C: F0 FA BEQ $CC28

Comment

Working...
                              X