Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what your doing to mess with fonts, but the way I do it is by taking an "image" of each character in the alphabet. Then I store the RGB data into an array, and then draw that "image" on screen using the Graph functions along with the PACKET functions (graph.h, dma.h, packet.h) pixel by pixel relative to a given screen coordinate. The public release was kind of screwy when I tried doing a function like: DrawString("My string", x, y, r, g, b, packet);

So in the public, what I did was instead of using a string or array of characters, I used an array of integers that determine what kind of character is being drawn. This issue I fixed in my private version, but remained un-touched in the public.

I couldn't ever get the "GSKIT" to work for me, so any and all of my graphical displays occur entirely from the PACKET's utilized by the Graph functions. In the PS2SDK downloads, there is a graph example of which I based my drawing functions off of. It's very useful for small items such as letters in fonts, but it's a pain to convert the font into the array used :-/. In case your wondering how I managed to convert all the letters individually without having a heart attack over the stress, I got lazy and wrote a program in VB6 to convert it for me lol.

Comment

Yes, I was doing much the same thing, using BMP2C to convert bitmap fonts to C arrays. I will let you know if I run into any interesting issues, then.
      I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Originally posted by Gtlcpimp View Post
        Yes, driver accused me of stealing Cora. Then he got his little friends to start spreading rumors claiming that I stole Cora. Finally, I got pissed off, and I let everyone know in that post. Yes, I was pissed, so I talked shit about them. However, I am no where near 14. I still have that 1up kid constantly running his mouth to me everyday on sites such as nextgenboards.com always claiming I stole the Cora source. I have put up with that non-sense long enough, so I did return some of the shit talk favor they sent me.
        I did accuse you of stealing my code, i apologise for that as there is no publicly available info apart from mine it was just my instinct that you had. And for the record i have told no one to start giving you shit accusing you of stealing my code because i actually talk to no one on the ps2 scene any more as i'm never on AIM to speak to any of my old hacking buddy's and you mentioned 1up whom i vaguely remember as a cock sucker trying to get my other versions of cora.

Comment

Originally posted by misfire View Post
          Well, after a long time I finally had a look at my code again. Everything seems to build nicely on Ubuntu. Now I've got a rough idea of what I've done many moons ago...

What I can come up with is a working cheat system. I wrote most of the code back in 2005 as part of a program I called ps2cheat. For it I "borrowed" the cheat engine from CodeBreaker (and fixed some bugs in it). I added a boot loader with the ability to read cheats from a text file; another feature is video mode patching (incl. y-fix). I can say that it worked quite well and I never had to use another cheat program again. [...]
          Just to keep you informed - I spent a few hours on merging ps2cheat with some more recent code. Now it is designed in a way that the cheat engine (and any other EE payload) can be loaded dynamically by the boot loader, e.g. from a file named cheatengine.bin. Though this approach doesn't allow for relocatable code yet, I'm sure it will prove useful in the future.

Comment

There's now a Subversion repository, though be it empty so far.

http://gshi.org/svn/artemis/

Read access is open to the public, however a user account is needed to write.

Comment

WebSVN is now installed.

http://gshi.org/websvn/

Comment

[LB hijacking NiK's computer, and too lazy to log in as himself, but just unlazy enough to type this entire explanation]: Awesome; I haven't had a chance to take a look at the lsmod source misfire committed, but I shall do so when I return from this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidManZero View Post
                  WebSVN is now installed.

http://gshi.org/websvn/
                  Thank you, LiquidManZero. That's a real nice interface. I particularly like the ability to create tarballs.

Comment

Here is my current TODO list:

- Advance lsmod to display all functions imported and exported by modules.
                    - Create a ps2link patch to backup and restore the syscall vector table. This is useful if you mess around with syscall hooks.
                    - Further clean up the source code of what once was ps2cheat.
                    - Rewrite the cheat engine.
                    - Write proof of concept code for shared memory communication between EE and IOP.

Comment

Also, I'm currently looking for a library for reading and writing structured configuration files, like this one: http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/

I've been working on a PS2SDK port of libconfig (I can compile the sources, but there are still issues I have to figure out).

Although I like libconfig, somebody might know of another config lib that turns out to be better suited. The library should be written in C and compatible with the AFL. Feel free to post a link here.

Comment

@LMZ

With WebSVN, is it possible to sort the displayed file names by type? IMHO, sorting by name sucks.

Comment

You know, this would be the perfect opportunity for me to step in and say, "Hey! I have an idea that you guys might like."

Unfortunately, the idea is not yet a complete thought. But Lazy Bastard, I will be in touch.

Comment

I'll be anxiously awaiting your elaboration, then
                            I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Originally posted by misfire
                              With WebSVN, is it possible to sort the displayed file names by type? IMHO, sorting by name sucks.
                              Doesn't seem to be any internal options for it. I might be able to figure something out anyway.

Comment

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X