This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess Cleanup Launcher

Mess Cleanup Launcher is a simple launcher that I decided to make for myself since the normal launcher I use, and a lot of the other ones, are bloated to the point of frustration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mc_2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	163760

It's developed in C#.NET, so windows and .NET 4.5 framework are required. If you have Windows 8 you're set, and probably 7 too.

Here's the good news:
    • Simple, fast layout for quick launching of games
    • Works with any version of MESS (except for maybe the archaic versions)
    • Automatically generates controls for system slot options and software lists
    • Use software list software or specify a file
    • Edit the command line any way you wish

Click image for larger version

Name:	mc_1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	163761

Here's an quick setup guide:

I don't include MESS, for obvious reasons. You can grab it from http://mamedev.org/release.html. The package there includes some files you need, so just unzip it to any folder you want.

Most systems require BIOS files. Don't ask me where to get them. Put the files in either the "roms" folder or make a folder called bios. It doesn't matter, as long as you tell the launcher where they are.
    Example: {BIOS path}\psu.zip

To utilize the software list launching, MESS expects the roms to be present in a certain way, with a certain name. Again, don't ask me where you can get these collections. In my mess folder is a folder called "software", and each list has a folder in it with the list's name. Every rom for the list is in a zip file.
    Example: {Software path}\nes\arkanoid.zip

For cheating, you'll need to have the software lists set up. Specify the path to the cheat directory, and have a folder for the systems you'll be cheating on with the xml files you need inside. You can get them from this site from a game's page. If you don't have software lists set up, and you don't specify the cheat path, the xml file needs to reside with your rom and have the same name (besides the xml extension).
    Example: {CHEAT path}\nes\arkanoid.xml

Just tell the launcher where your mess.exe is and these paths, and that's it for set up. Bios path is required for some systems, but the other two are optional. The rest is pretty straight forward.

I did this mostly for myself, and I can't guarantee there will be much support or further development. Feel free to post here though.
    Attached Files
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Working...
X