Clear All

• [Request!] [PSP] [UCES-00420] Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

Console: PlayStation Portable
    Game: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
    ID Code: UCES-00420
    Region: EU

Request: Moonjunp/Moonfly Code

Good evening, people!

I have a code request for R&C: Size Matters. I requested it on 2 other forums, but on the first I didn't even get a reply and on the second one someone said he'll do it, but nothing happened for nearly a year.

I'm aware that this game is old, but there's loads of stuff to explore with the code turned on, like there are some weird red boxes outside of Challax or exploring the skyboard course, etc. And I had fun with the code on the PS2 games anyway, so...

Using CWcheat, I tried to do it myself, but over 20000 results have been found with the cheat finder, I changed them and nothing happened, except for getting a hyper mode. I heard the game uses DMA, so that means the code is different depending on what level you are(?)

Secret Agent Clank has done this and so has Codejunkies for the PS2 version of R&C: Size Matters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzyiYoPimls (at 1:12)

I'd be really happy about it and really appreciate it! So, thanks in advance!

I can have a look for you but it will be atleast a week, plus I need to see if I can hack PSP ASM codes with Windows 7 64bit. Also in that video it looks like that is an infinite double jump code used, so can your character do double jumps normally in the game?
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

I would suggest making a subroutine to add a value to the Y coordinate. Not sure if you were already searching for the Y coordinate, but that is a common version of moonjump. The only issue it that it may be a per map value. If that is the case the next idea might be better depending, unless there aren't many maps.

Another one, and one that I like more because it is smaller and you can use it for other things, is to find the gravity in the game and reverse it. That requires more in-depth hacking, and is not likely to be fast process.

This seems to have a no gravity code http://www.codeleakers.com/icdb/name...Size%20Matters. Activated when you jump.
      If you have any issues with those codes (you constantly float upwards or something along those lines) I can fix that for you. You would need to supply me a hook and a region in the memory that the hook can jump to. I haven't hacked PSP in a long time so I don't remember a free (nop) region.

Comment

Originally posted by helder View Post
        I can have a look for you but it will be atleast a week, plus I need to see if I can hack PSP ASM codes with Windows 7 64bit. Also in that video it looks like that is an infinite double jump code used, so can your character do double jumps normally in the game?
        Well, it seems so. In the other games I only knew it as like: You hold X, then you jump upwards without falling down and when using Clank, you also fly upwards with him. I tried finding a video of this code in action, but I couldn't find it except for that video Codejunkies did.

If infinite double-jump is a less time-consuming way to do, then that's fine too I guess.

EDIT: If you finished a code, post it first so I can test if it works before you continue on.

Originally posted by dnawrkshp View Post
        I would suggest making a subroutine to add a value to the Y coordinate. Not sure if you were already searching for the Y coordinate, but that is a common version of moonjump. The only issue it that it may be a per map value. If that is the case the next idea might be better depending, unless there aren't many maps.

Another one, and one that I like more because it is smaller and you can use it for other things, is to find the gravity in the game and reverse it. That requires more in-depth hacking, and is not likely to be fast process.
        The problem is, I searched for the Y coordinate, but I got over 20000 results and I can only modify the 10 first RAM values which cwcheat shows me.

This seems to have a no gravity code http://www.codeleakers.com/icdb/name...Size%20Matters. Activated when you jump.
        If you have any issues with those codes (you constantly float upwards or something along those lines) I can fix that for you. You would need to supply me a hook and a region in the memory that the hook can jump to. I haven't hacked PSP in a long time so I don't remember a free (nop) region.
        Well, the code is not working on my side, probably because this is the US version (ULES-98633) and I have the EU version like stated above (UCES-00420). And I think "MCD" is for multiplayer/online.

Nonetheless thanks for the help, both of you.
        Last edited by SonicVaan; 01-15-2013, 12:25:01 PM.

Comment

What I do for finding the Y coordinate is alternate between "changed" and "unchanged" searches. Jumping -> in mid jump open CWCheat -> search for initial value. Let myself fall -> CWCheat -> search for changed. Spin around a bit but don't jump or move -> open CWCheat and search for unchanged. That will get rid of other in game values that constantly change.
          Also, you won't find values like 0x00000123 or something really low. On the PS2, coordinates are around 0x40000000 - 0x50000000 and 0xB0000000 - 0xC0000000, at least from my experience. This may not be the same for the PSP, but you can try a "value between" search.

If you find the address with the Y value; I would love to finish the code for you.
          Last edited by dnawrkshp; 01-15-2013, 09:52:12 PM.

Comment

What I do for finding the Y coordinate is alternate between "changed" and "unchanged" searches. Jumping -> in mid jump open CWCheat -> search for initial value. Let myself fall -> CWCheat -> search for changed. Spin around a bit but don't jump or move -> open CWCheat and search for unchanged. That will get rid of other in game values that constantly change.
            Also, you won't find values like 0x00000123 or something really low. On the PS2, coordinates are around 0x40000000 - 0x50000000 and 0xB0000000 - 0xC0000000, at least from my experience. This may not be the same for the PSP, but you can try a "value between" search.

If you find the address with the Y value; I would love to finish the code for you.
            Oh wow, I didn't even know you could continue searching after you... continued searching.
            But I did excactly what you said, since jumping upwards would increase the Y coordinate. But I had no luck. 10 and after that 4 adresses were left, I changed them but it didn't affect anything Y-coordinate-wise.

Comment

That should do it... Make sure that your Y coordinate never changes when you search for an unchanged value. Also you may want to scratch the "0x40000000 - 0x50000000 and 0xB0000000 - 0xC0000000".

EDIT: Hadn't realized low gravity wasn't the same as moonjump.
              Last edited by dnawrkshp; 01-16-2013, 01:25:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I did it again and I checked that I do it correctly. Now there are 3 adresses left:

0X00CAEDCC -> 0x3FA532B2 (1067791026)
                0X0135BBC8 -> 0x3DBFB1FE (1035973118)
                0X013DBBC8 -> 0x3DBFB1FE (1035973118)
                Still, changing the values didn't change anything.

I also tried Cadman133's method of using the airship glitch to fly upwards above the level (at 2:23): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6o2--Xhb0M

Comment

Make sure you have the code enabled and when you change the value, increase it by 0x01000000. Adding just 1 or even 100 won't have a visual affect.

Well I guess helder is the only one that can find the address/make the code. I can't do it because my PSP broke and I don't have any interest in getting a new one or fixing it. Sorry. I may try to get a PSP emulator going. But no promises.
                  Last edited by dnawrkshp; 01-17-2013, 12:19:44 AM.

Comment

Here are the codes for anyone else to try and enjoy:

_C0 Infinite Double Jumps Ratchet Only
                    _L 0x617CD16C 0x00004170
                    _L 0x00050001 0x000038C0

_C0 Moon Jump Ratchet Only
                    _L 0x617CD16C 0x3C300000
                    _L 0x00050001 0x000038B4

Note: Turn off codes while you travel to other worlds, only activate when you are on the planet.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

They're not working for me, both =/ I'm in Ratchet's dreamtime (without Clank) and neither of these work.

Comment

Post your save so I can test these other levels out. Also I went to the tree house and the game froze when I landed, but if I shut the codes off before I go to a world and then turn them on when I can move my character they work.

Edit: just tell me which world it is as I have made a code to unlock all worlds.

Edit 2: I tested your save and language and all codes work, you must make sure the cheats are active along with the CWCheat or TempAR cheats enable is also on.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

HELLO

I am new to the forum and I want to ask about cheats ratchet and clank size matters version eur, will not know other "special" codes for the game, with specials I refer to more advanced cheats example no clip, rapid fire, etc. . I hope and they respond to me thanks
                          (FORGIVE FOR MY ENGLISH XD)

Comment

I made this a long time ago and I don't really have the time to make new cheats for this, someone else might help if they have the interest.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

thanks !

Comment

Working...
                              X