Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soul Nomad debug, probably more codes later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Nomad debug, probably more codes later.

Debug mode:

20136D78 00000000
    20136FA8 00000000
    203A6718 00000003

title screen stuff still doesn't work (probably never will)

While highlighting a tactic you can press select to increase its level by 1.

While highlighting a unit in the Set Members screen you can press select to increase its level by 1. Hold down square and hit select to increase its level by 10, and hold down triangle and hit select to increase its level by 100.

The menu in battles now allows you to go to the Design menu, so you can mess around with your rooms in the middle of battles.

Buttons on the second controller control the camera, too lazy to explain what does what... just hit them and figure it out for yourself :P

There are numbers on screen during attack sequences that show x/y cords and that kind of debugy stuff, as well as on the map during inspections, and a couple other places. They are more annoying than anything.

It looks like the debug mode is rather crippled, no interesting stuff left =\
    Though it is possible that the code only turns on some of the debug stuff.

PSN: Cadwr0
    XBL and Steam: Cadwr
    3DS: 4725-8062-6859

Nice work; good to see you hacking again
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Control Enemy Units (kind of):

D03A6302 0000FBFE
      003AA350 0000000A

Ok, here is how it works. highlight an enemy unit and hit X (This will make sure the unit is the "currently selected unit"), and then hit L1 + Select to bring up the action menu. From there you can do what you want. Move, attack, tactics... ect. Note that this will -not- use up the unit's turn. So this code doesn't stop your enemies from acting, it just allows you to control them during your turn.

Steal whenever you want:

D03A6302 0000FBFD
      003AA350 00000048

First, you have to make sure that your unit is the "currently selected unit". To do this simply hit X on it to bring up the menu, and then back out. Now, highlight the enemy unit you want to steal from (don't hit X), and hit L1 + L3. The steal selection will come up and you can pick which item you want to try for. Note that this does not affect your chances of stealing. It just allows you to steal from any unit you want regardless of range, and lets you make as many attempts as you want on your turn. It -will- use up your action, but you can keep using the code even when your action is used up.

Kidnap whenever you want:

D03A6302 0000FBFB
      003AA350 00000050

This works a lot like the steal code. First make sure the unit you want to kidnap into is the currently selected unit. Then highlight the enemy unit you want to kidnap from, and hit L1 + R3. The kidnap selection menu will come up, and you can take your pick. Like the steal code this will not affect your chances of kidnapping. It just allows you to kidnap from any unit, and lets you attempt to kidnap as many times as you want.
      Also, if the unit/room you are kidnapping into doesn't have a free space, the character will be taken from the enemy unit but not added to yours. Also worth noting is that if you have an enemy unit as the currently selected unit, you can have enemy units kidnap from each other. I suppose it would also be possible to make enemy units kidnap from you...

Joker code ruthlessly ganked from skiller

Comment

Ported code: Leveling up with debug reduces level to 1
        D03A6302 0000FFFD
        0029bb60 a6a00224
        D03A6302 0000FFFB
        0029bb60 86a20224

I didn't make this code, I only ported it from the list of japanese codes in the code porting thread at CMP. It was originally hacked by a japanese hacker.. Anyway. L3 turns it on, R3 turns it off. When the code is on, hitting select at the Set Character screen will set your character's level to 1, but will increase its stats like it leveled up. This lets you increase a character's stats while keeping its level low.

Now for a non-ported code.

Press R2+R3 for All characters in manikin shop:

E00BFDFB 003A6302
        202CE918 24060001
        40415BD0 00060002
        00010000 00010000
        40415C00 00040002
        00080000 00010000
        40415C20 001E0002
        00140000 00010000
        20415D10 00360000
        20415D18 00370000
        40415D20 001D0002
        03E80000 000A0000
        D03A6302 0000FDFD
        202CE918 2406000A

Press the button combination when you are -not- in the shop. Also, in order for most of the story characters to show up in the shop, you will need to have this code on. The game checks the character digits as it is reading the list when you go into the shop, and it ignores anything that isn't a multiple of 10 (almost all story characters are not multiples of 10). The second line of the code disables that "protection", so if you want the story characters to always show up you will need to have the above code on all the time. Also, this code doesn't include crash inducing characters like the world eaters. So if something you want isn't there, it likely doesn't work.

Ok there was a problem with going into the train menu. If you went in after enabling the code, you couldn't back out. So I've updated the code. Now once you are done buying your characters in the shop, hit R2+L3. It will return the "protection" line to the way it was, and allow you to use the train menu. Note that if you go into the train menu before hitting R2+L3 it is too late, you have to hit the button combination before you go in, so I would suggest just hitting it right after you exit the manikin shop.

Skiller deserves equal credit on the character code, he helped out a lot. So consider it a KE and Skiller production XD

Comment

Hey all,
          I used the character shop code KingEdgar0 provided and I followed the listed instructions but two things went wrong. First of all, when I went into the shop after turning on the code, I started to do a little happy dance when I saw that the Hero is on the list, but then stopped dancing when I realized that the only people who are in the list now are: Hero, Minerva (Juno's minion that joins you when she does), (Juno's other minion that etc), Lord Median, and a ton of Thorndykes. The two Nereids were the only ones who didn't show up in multiples. There were about 5 Hero's, six or seven Medians, and a ton of Thorndykes. I tried reloading my game and trying again after reloading the codes, I double checked that I'd put the codes in correctly, and I was pressing the right buttons before and after I accessed the shop.
          Ok the second thing is what has me considering reverting to my save file from before I used the codes, because now when the code isn't on, the entire character shop is filled with Thorndyke's. You can hold down the button and scroll forever and you'll just see one Thorndyke after another, and I laughed at first but it won't go away. I can't buy anything but that one character now and as cool as he might be (I guess), he has no rear rank attack and I immediately found myself wishing I could get my hands on another archer from the shop so she could be level 162 like the rest of us.
          So anyway, obviously something went wrong, whether it was on my end or not, and it seems like you were implying that when you used the code, you were able to buy all of the normal character classes plus some main characters/etc. That's not what happened with me at all, and even if I never get the code to do the desired thing, at the very least I thought it appropriate to give you a heads up that things went wrong when I tried it. Could you maybe list somewhere the full code, the one that included things that would freeze the game in battle, so that I can see if it works for me instead of the one I have, and just list whatever you remember as having had frozen the game? I'm not about to mess with the world eaters, I'll tell you that much, I get enough trouble from them when they're the enemy. Hah.
          anyway if you have any other ideas on how to fix this then I'd love to hear them. Maybe it changed when you applied the fix for the training, maybe not. Couldn't hurt to check, I guess. Well thanks again and good luck with all your endeavors.
          I'm a writer/artist in 2D and 3D(including animation)/reviewer of games/movies/etc media/products.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterwriter42 View Post
            There were about 5 Hero's, six or seven Medians, and a ton of Thorndykes. I tried reloading my game and trying again after reloading the codes, I double checked that I'd put the codes in correctly, and I was pressing the right buttons before and after I accessed the shop.
            Ok the second thing is what has me considering reverting to my save file from before I used the codes, because now when the code isn't on, the entire character shop is filled with Thorndyke's. You can hold down the button and scroll forever and you'll just see one Thorndyke after another, and I laughed at first but it won't go away.
            Actually you got one of buggy Gameshark.

Code type 4 with increment doesnt work properly on MadCatz GameShark.
            lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
            When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
            *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
            >)

Comment

Ack, just my luck, technology and I don't see eye to eye lately.
              Okay, well thanks for the heads up. Is there some way to fix it short of buying an older gameshark or if I'm lucky enough to find one, a code breaker?

I suspected something was wrong with my GS since it only starts up half the time and then sometimes it freezes and I have to restart it after saving codes I put in before it'll activate any codes. Bleh.

So this code type 4 with increment, is there an alternative for this code though? Like a different way to get the same effect? if not then I'm sure glad I make backup copies of save games before trying something risky lol. thanks again.
              I'm a writer/artist in 2D and 3D(including animation)/reviewer of games/movies/etc media/products.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X