Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Request) Mega Man 9 (WiiWare) (NTSC) (Gecko OS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (Request) Mega Man 9 (WiiWare) (NTSC) (Gecko OS)

    Hello!
    Is it possible to make codes for Infinite Lives and Infinite Weapons for Mega Man 9's Proto Man mode??? I mean, yes, there are codes out there and they do work. These are the codes I used:

    Infinite Lives [hetoan2]
    00313FE4 00050009

    Infinite Ammo [hetoan2]
    02313FE4 000A1C00

    But for some odd reason, after defeating the first Robot Master, when I go into a new Robot Master stage, I suddenly switch right back to Mega Man! I'm not sure what to do here? So, can anyone help???

    P.S. - On that note, I recently used an Invincible code that works for both games and I stayed as Proto Man the whole time! Here's the code:


    Invincible [GMO]
    00313F40 0000004E

    I figured I'd share this code if it helps with anything. Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    I'd try to hack the game myself, and I do have WiiRD on my computer, but I can't get it to connect to Gecko OS. I'm trying to find tutorials to help me out with this but I can't find anything anywhere that can help me. Can someone tell me, step by step, what I need to do?

    Comment


    • #3
      Let me take a look at it for you.
      I'll see if I can fix it.

      It's because the code is overriding the value that lets you play as ProtoMan.
      ProtoMan's character value is "2" and the both codes override the value "2" with "0" which is Mega Man's character value, thus always making you play as Mega Man.

      Try these ASM codes I made.

      Infinite Lives [ASM]
      040B5B54 60000000

      Infinite Weapon Ammo (All Weapons) [ASM]
      040B208C 60000000
      040B2444 60000000
      040B26B0 60000000
      040B291C 60000000
      040B2B88 60000000
      040B2DF4 60000000
      040B3060 60000000
      040B32CC 60000000
      040C47E4 60000000
      040C5EE4 60000000
      Last edited by Dybbles; 12-23-2017, 11:09:08 AM.
      I'm retired from code hacking.
      I do not take requests!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dybbles View Post
        Let me take a look at it for you.
        I'll see if I can fix it.

        It's because the code is overriding the value that lets you play as ProtoMan.
        ProtoMan's character value is "2" and the both codes override the value "2" with "0" which is Mega Man's character value, thus always making you play as Mega Man.

        Try these ASM codes I made.

        Infinite Lives [ASM]
        040B5B54 60000000

        Infinite Weapon Ammo (All Weapons) [ASM]
        040B208C 60000000
        040B2444 60000000
        040B26B0 60000000
        040B291C 60000000
        040B2B88 60000000
        040B2DF4 60000000
        040B3060 60000000
        040B32CC 60000000
        040C47E4 60000000
        040C5EE4 60000000
        Thank you so much! The codes work great!

        One last thing, though, before we wrap it up. There is also an Infinite Items code I use along with the other codes, and it has the same effect as the two codes I stated before (i.e. Proto Man to Mega Man glitch). Since Proto Man doesn't really use items in his game I didn't have to worry about it, but when I tried the codes with Mega Man to see if they work for him as well, the codes you made worked but the Infinite Items code didn't! Here is the code in question:


        Infinite Items [hetoan2]
        00D4101E 00050009

        I apologize if this is an inconvenience. I never had to worry about the code before, hence why I didn't mention it. Can this one be fixed as well to work with the codes you made. Thank you so much for all your help!!!
        Last edited by mechawily; 12-23-2017, 01:53:38 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

        Comment


        • #5
          You're welcome.
          I will take a look at this code and fix it as soon as possible.
          It's not inconvenient, I like this game a lot so I wanna hack it.
          Last edited by Dybbles; 12-24-2017, 09:04:03 AM.
          I'm retired from code hacking.
          I do not take requests!

          Comment


          • #6
            I think I fixed it.
            Try this:

            Infinite Items
            04D4101E 09090909
            02D41022 00000909

            The above code replaced like 80 bytes of code with the value "9."
            Instead of making a simple 32 bit and 16 bit code, he tried to make an 8 bit slide code.
            If you want me to add the address for the Hair Style Book and the Energy Balancer, then feel free to ask.

            Let me know if these work for you.
            I'm retired from code hacking.
            I do not take requests!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dybbles View Post
              I think I fixed it.
              Try this:

              Infinite Items
              04D4101E 09090909
              02D41022 00000909

              The above code replaced like 80 bytes of code with the value "9."
              Instead of making a simple 32 bit and 16 bit code, he tried to make an 8 bit slide code.
              If you want me to add the address for the Hair Style Book and the Energy Balancer, then feel free to ask.

              Let me know if these work for you.
              Hello! Sorry for the lateness (holidays, work and all). I tried the code and...well here's the lowdown. When I progress through the game, after I go to the Menu, some of the items have the number 9 by them, indicating that they are infinite now (I tried the Eddie Call to confirm it). However, I need the address for the Beat Call as there was no 9 by it (the Energy Balancer and Hair Style Book is OK, I don't need the values for them) and after buying one from the shop I tried it and there was no more. More importantly, the code glitches a bit on the Menu Screen. For some reason it is giving me the Concrete Shot and the Black Hole Bomb (sometimes the names show up, sometimes not but when you move the cursor around you select an item with no name but an ammo meter). So, yeah, that's about it. Thanks for your help!
              Last edited by mechawily; 12-27-2017, 01:27:19 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I must also apologize for lateness.

                Try this:

                Infinite Items
                02D4101E 00000909
                04D41020 09090909

                Pause and unpause a couple times to see the effect.
                Last edited by Dybbles; 12-31-2017, 12:37:59 PM.
                I'm retired from code hacking.
                I do not take requests!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dybbles View Post
                  I must also apologize for lateness.

                  Try this:

                  Infinite Items
                  02D4101E 00000909
                  04D41020 09090909

                  Pause and unpause a couple times to see the effect.
                  It works! There's no ill effects either (at least not yet) and it works for both MM and PM games! I'll let you know if there are any problems. Thank you so so much!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You're welcome and glad to hear it.
                    Have fun with the game!
                    I'm retired from code hacking.
                    I do not take requests!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X