wii homebrew question for gecko/gcn side of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wii homebrew question for gecko/gcn side of things

this is about wii homebrew so i assume it fits here even though it also inolves gcn mode so m not entirely sure if it works here or not.

I have 2 wiis a black newer wii and a wii capable of gcn compatability, the current issue im having (and i have posted about it elsewhere also) is that i cannot figure out how to get codes (such as Action replay codes) to function correctly in gcn mode, i got homebrew up and running, i have the gecko, ocarina, and similar programs on there along with the text to gct converters used by gecko (which seems to work for my black newer wii on games) but for some reason when i try this with gcn games (converting ar to gct through gcncrypt and ar to gct because i was told to do from looking into how to make ar codes function in gcn mode on homebrew), but gecko cannot seem to work for gcn game codes as it launches the game but doesnt do anything regarding codes at all, and if i use code finders or anything that supposedly connects to gecko's site they do not list gcn at all even though the site does, plus those codes are not all that i would need so i would still have to probably convert some to the right format.

I tried finding working versions of AR launcher or whatever it was called (its name slips my mind at the moment) and nintendont yet the only ones i found apparently dont work as they give errors upon setting them up annoyingly, hence why i want to stick with gecko if possible. (also as a bit of a side note so i dont seem somewhat stupid to people skilled at hacking/modding, i have homebrewed wiis before, but while codes and things generally work for wii games [except the crashes] i usually get frustrated and end up removing it after awhile when i cant get it working for my goals on gcn games, or when it crashes my wii games constantly, so i tend to forget half of the stuff i did the previous times every time i delete it.)

i can elaborate on my goals further if needed, i was going to ask a few more question about similar topics of alternate ways to accomplish my goal but as its somewhat varied in range (one being based on possible file edits of an ar disk to do something, or using a gba emulator with a real gba connected through gcn) i may not be allowed to do so, so i shall stick with my far more direct question of how do i get this to work?
Working...
X