RGPA-A60L
    Don't stop walking when you shoot.

Added
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Sonic Spinball (E) Game Genie

AHKT-5E8W +
      AHKT-5E9T
      Allows much more control over Sonic when trying to "steer" him around the screen. This makes the game much easier because you can easily direct him when he's curled up in a ball.

Added

Comment

• Going to try a few Sega 32x ROM editors. All of the codes/patches for this one are on the 32x side (SH2), since some 32x emulators don't support those codes. The editor will put the 32x into the test/dev mode which will take care of any checksum issues when patched (thanks to Chilly Willy for the info on the dev mode).

I could never beat this game on the 32x console back in the day, so hopefully this will help others.

Shadow Squadron/Stellar Assault 32x Cheat Editor. Should work on any version or any region.

ShadowSquadron32xEditorV10.zip

Comment

• Here's an editor for Knuckles Chaotix 32x. This editor will remember your previous settings for Knuckles' jump height and his glide path, and will display them for you. This will make it easier if you want to make adjustments to your previous settings. Note that Knuckles normally glides downwards, but this editor lets you adjust his glide path so that he will glide level, or upwards, depending on your settings.

Knuckles32xEditorV10.zip

Comment

• Metal Head (Sega 32x) Game Genie codes

These codes have been tested on Kega Fusion and Gens.

9A6A-BCHT +
            9T6A-BBSW +
            CA9T-AAG2
            Level select. Go to the Option Menu and use the PCM Test number to select which stage and mission you want to start on, then exit the Option screen and start the game. Here's how it works: If you select PCM number 1, you will start on Stage 1, Mission 2. If you select PCM number 2, you will start on Stage 1, Mission 3. If you select PCM number 3, you'll start you on Stage 2, Mission 1, and so on. The PCM Test number will now only go up to number 0F (hex), which is the last mission in the game (Stage 6, Mission 3).

NOTE: If you're going to patch these codes into your ROM, you'll need to patch these two codes into your ROM as well. If you're just using the codes in an emulator, you do not need to use these codes: 00018E:0000, 00083C:4E71.

Added.
            Last edited by Tony H; 12-18-2020, 01:57:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by terpsfan101 View Post
              No snot move in the first game, but I think I can modify the helicopter routine on descent to branch to the jump routine.
              please terpsfan101 add codes sega game gear street of rage 1
              - Invincibility against grabs
              - 1-Hit Kills Enemies and Bosses

Comment

• Originally posted by toro00 View Post
                please terpsfan101 add codes sega game gear street of rage 1
                - Invincibility against grabs
                - 1-Hit Kills Enemies and Bosses
                Looks like you posted this in the wrong thread.

Comment

• Here's a program will give you a Game Genie Master Code for (hopefully) any Genesis EA game/ROM. This is useful if you have an EA game that no one has made a master code for. It also gives you the option of patching the master code into your EA ROM.

There are probably around 100 EA Genesis games and I haven't tested this on all of them, but I tried it on around 15 or 20 EA ROMs and it seemed to work fine on all of them. It should work on every EA ROM, but no guarantees. It will not let you patch a ROM that it thinks is not an EA ROM, but the checks it does are not fool proof.

GenesisEAMasterCodeToolV10.zip

Comment

• A ROM editor for Doom 32x. Will work on any version, and any region.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doom32xV10.png
Views:	258
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	213027

Doom32xROMeditorV10.zip

Comment

• This program will try and make a master code for any Sega Genesis or Mega Drive game. This is useful if you have a game that no one has made a master code for. This program will not work on EA (Electronic Arts) games. I made a master code program for EA games, which you can find above (or on my site).

This one does pattern searches looking for the checksum routine and once it finds a match, it will determine if the checksum conditional branch needs to be always followed, or never followed, and will then display the ROM address and replacement instruction for your master code.

There are a ton of different ways that game companies do checksum checks. This program searches for one of the more popular methods and makes a code for you. This program will work on a lot of games, but there are also a lot of games that it will not work on. If I get enough feedback, I will add more compatibility in future releases so that the program will work on more games.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GenMasterCodeMakerV10.png Views:	1 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	213075

GenesisMasterCodeMakerV10.zip
                      Last edited by Tony H; 01-08-2021, 06:51:31 PM.

Comment

• Game Genie Code Creator. This program will try and make a Game Genie code from a RAM address that you enter. Will work on Sega Genesis, Mega Drive, Sega CD, and 32x. It has an optional code search filter which is useful if you happen to know the amount that you start with for your RAM address. Example: If you start a game with 25 grenades, you would enter the RAM address for grenades, enter 25 as the number for the filter, and check the box. The program will only show possible codes where 25 is being moved to that RAM address. From this, you can make a "Start with more grenades" code. If you don't know what number you start with, or if you're searching for other types of codes, just leave the box unchecked, and it will show you all the possible codes, along with the value from the ROM that is being moved to your RAM address.

The "Infinite" type code search only works if the value of your RAM address is being subtracted by one at a time (lives, ammo, timers, clocks, continues, etc). May add more code support in the future.

Since there are so many different ways to program games, the program will obviously not work in many situations, but it should be useful for people that want to try and find Game Genie codes for games that don't have the code they want, or doesn't have any codes at all.

Here are a couple screen shots using that recent Sonic 1 prototype ROM, and the RAM address for lives (FFFE12). It made a "Start with more lives" code, and an "Infinite lives" code (which seem to work fine). These codes are different than the codes for the final release of Sonic 1.

Start with more lives code...

Name:	GGCodeCreator1V8.png
Views:	276
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	213181

Infinite lives code...

Name:	GGCodeCreator2V8.png
Views:	283
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	213182

GGCodeCreatorV8.zip

Comment

• Added Game Genie encryption to the Game Genie Code Creator tool. Many thanks to rimsky82 for the encryption dll.

For Game Genie codes that use a replacement instruction, it just gives you the encrypted Game Genie code. For Game Genie codes that allow you to adjust the value (lives, ammo, health, level, etc), the program lets you select whatever value you want, and then click a button to get the new encrypted Game Genie code.

Name:	GGCodeCreator3V9.png
Views:	326
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	213214

GGCodeCreatorV9.zip

Comment

• Never thought such a thing was possible. Very nice, and thanks for sharing.

Edit: I was wondering if you could add 16-bit values support.
                            Last edited by 47iscool; 01-23-2021, 01:05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 47iscool View Post
                              Never thought such a thing was possible. Very nice, and thanks for sharing.

Edit: I was wondering if you could add 16-bit values support.
                              Cool, glad you tried it.

Yes, I can most likely add 16-bit value support for searches and replacement. I did the initial releases with 8-bit value searches and replacements because I was getting impatient and wanted to release it. Just need to figure out how to limit values to 8-bit where needed. Once I get it figured out, I'll post it here.

Just an FYI: The program says that it finds "Start with more" type codes, but it will actually work with any RAM address, and for many types of codes. As long as the RAM address is in the ROM, and uses any of the more popular Move instructions, the program will find it, and give you a potential Game Genie code. I've used it to find a disabled debug menu, a "Start on level ??" code, etc. Very versatile.
                              Last edited by Tony H; 01-23-2021, 09:21:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony H View Post

Cool, glad you tried it.

Yes, I can most likely add 16-bit value support for searches and replacement. I did the initial releases with 8-bit value searches and replacements because I was getting impatient and wanted to release it. Just need to figure out how to limit values to 8-bit where needed. Once I get it figured out, I'll post it here.

Just an FYI: The program says that it finds "Start with more" type codes, but it will actually work with any RAM address, and for many types of codes. As long as the RAM address is in the ROM, and uses any of the more popular Move instructions, the program will find it, and give you a potential Game Genie code. I've used it to find a disabled debug menu, a "Start on level ??" code, etc. Very versatile.
                                Thanks for the information on/about it. It would also be neat maybe in the future if you could add more console types.
                                No complaints though, as it's a very nice tool. Even before I fully read the help I used it to make a rings code for S&K.
                                Then I decrypted the code with ggencoder and changed the value to 03E7 and it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X