NES Game Genie codes by Cyperium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Climber (USA, EUR):
    AALIEL - Hit enemies multiple times (even while they are retreating).
    Check out my YouTube channel PolPon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...gJmUA81luZQqZw

Comment

CastleVania (USA):
      EGENUOON
      TLENXPZP - View ending at start of level. This will make the ending sequence loop as the game starts at the level after the ending.

TLVLVPIT
      EGVLNPUK - Press start at title to view ending. After the ending you will start at the first level (19) and the harder difficulty. <---this will be added to the database as it is the better one.

Code works by making a jump to the ending sequence (JMP C836). I couldn't make this jump from the title screen for some reason so you have to press start.

Jumping to C838 will work too as C836 is just a LDA # and C838 is also a LDA #, the first LDA is obviously not necessary as A will be replaced with the second value anyway. I did keep it at C836 though as this is probably the point the game uses when making the jump (could be used for debugging purposes).

AEEKYVAA - When you take the crystal ball it makes the ending crystal ball sound.
      AAUVNAIA - View ending when taking any crystal ball.

AESTITPA
      AVVAYZAZ
      AVVAPZAZ - Walkthrough enemies and "spike crushers", if you jump on the spike crushers you will be pushed back but not die.

AVVAYZAZ
      AKVXLAAA
      AEVXPAGA - Infinite health, also against "spike crushers", health is constantly refilled.
      Last edited by Cyperium; 11-28-2019, 01:33:54 PM.
      Check out my YouTube channel PolPon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...gJmUA81luZQqZw

Comment

Kirby's Adventure (USA):
        AIVAYGEI
        AEVEZAPA - Invincible against both enemies and spikes. There is a similar invincible against enemies code in the database as this first one, but this stops the routine even earlier, it is the second code that makes you invincible against spikes.

AOOPIOAU - Walk through walls to the right.
        AOUOTOAU - Walk through walls to the left.
        AVSOGPXZ - When flying you slowly sink through the floor.
        AOXOZUAU - Fall through floor.
        SXXLVEGK - Shoot breath through wall.
        APEOYSAU - Break multiple blocks when falling fast on them.
        APXPLOAU - Jump/fly through roof.

EGEZKLUS
        NZEZSUUA
        EGVZOLZO
        NZVZXLOA
        KPVLGZZO
        NZVLIZOE - Multijump. First and second code is for multijump during falling, third and fourth is for multijump during fast falling, fifth and sixth is for multijump when you have swallowed something. Each powerup would need it's own multijump code as it uses it's own jump routine, for that reason only codes for "normal" Kirby are provided.

Some notes made when making the codes:
        D7AB - Jump indirect to routine:

A7C8 - Routine to check jump button when falling/fast falling.
        AF9C - Routine to check jump button when big.

AAE2 - Falling routine.
        AB5A - Falling fast routine.
        B258 - Falling when big routine.

A79B - On ground routine.
        AF83 - On ground when big routine.

AB32 - Fly routine.
        Last edited by Cyperium; 11-26-2019, 03:25:07 AM.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. (World):
          KAYOIP - Start with long lasting star power and 999 in time at each stage. Weird music in the beginning.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA):
            ETXYOTTE
            GSSPAKKS
            OVSPPGKO - View ending (after character select). Better and shorter version that is true to the real ending (beside the fact that the background is black instead of dark cyan, but this can only be achieved by actually moving from Wart to the ending as the background is simply kept).

(I guess you could set the background to something else than black prior to jumping to the routine, but I refrain from manually editing as much as possible).
            Last edited by Cyperium; 12-05-2019, 07:21:30 PM.

Comment

Press SELECT to go into Subspace has been updated. Both versions of Mouser can now be defeated, the code has been slightly optimized as well. The codes in the database has been updated.

In this version Mouser moves and throws bombs but are still invisible. That he throws bombs means that the second Mouser can be defeated as well since that room doesn't have bomb vegetables.

GGSATXSX
              KASAYXEU
              SZSEAZGA
              AXEZAIGA
              ASEZPIEY
              NUEZZILA
              SXEZLSGK
              IUEZGSYP
              IEEZISUP
              SEEZTIAX
              YEEZYSSN
              IEEXAIKL
              GKEXPSOX
              NVEXZIZA
              NOEXLISP
              SXEXGSYT
              NNEXIIAZ
              OKEXTSYO
              AXEXYSUP
              ESOZAISL
              LEOZPSLI
              AXOZZSPZ
              UOOZLIGE
              SXOZGIEY
              SXOZISYS
              XNOZTIAX
              LEOZYIXI
              GKOXAISO
              PSOXPISX
              XEOXZIAP
              SXOXLSPX
              NUOXGSNY
              GEOXIIEI
              ESOXTITA
              OVOXYSOX
              ENXZASEI
              VSXZPISO
              AZUXZSGZ
              SZUXLIGA
              SZUXGSAP

The advantage of using these codes over the START to go to Subspace codes are that you can also press SELECT to exit subspace and that you can use PAUSE, besides that, I would recommend the START to go into subspace codes as they have no side-effects except disabling PAUSE.
              Last edited by Cyperium; 11-28-2019, 05:55:29 PM.

Comment

Press START to go into Subspace. You can't use START to exit Subspace though, you have to go into the door or wait until the subspace timer finishes.

AXVVUOOZ
                ASVVKPTP
                NUVVSOSA
                SXVVVOSU
                IUVVNPIA
                IENTEOOZ
                SENTOPTX
                YENTXOSE
                IENTUPEA
                GKNTKPPN
                NVNTSOOZ
                NONTVOEG
                ATEPUEAT
                GGOVASOX
                UZOVPIPG
                KTOVZSSA

The advantage of using these codes instead of the Press SELECT to go into subspace codes are that there are no side-effects (except, obviously, PAUSE doesn't work anymore) and that there are fewer codes.
                Last edited by Cyperium; 11-28-2019, 05:47:32 PM.

Comment

Some information;

At address 00:A3F5 is the text THANK YOU which is shown in the ending when the main character unplugs the pipe in the prototype, the ending routine stops reading from the adresses at A3F1 (since there is a zero at that place), however, replacing that zero with anything else still doesn't display the THANK YOU text for some reason, maybe someone that has more knowledge about how the NES handles text output can solve that? I will continue to investigate how to display it as it was in the prototype, but anyone that is willing is of course welcome to contribute.

The message can be seen at character select with a missing A with this code SEIVPX. However, this is a duplicate that exists for some reason. Maybe this can be displayed instead? I have yet to find where it exists though.

The information about the prototype can be seen here https://tcrf.net/Proto:Super_Mario_Bros._2_(NES)
                  Last edited by Cyperium; 11-29-2019, 07:49:58 AM.

Comment

CastleVania (USA):
                    ASKNVTEY - Control Belmont in demo (converted from european version).

GEKUKEGA
                    GEKUNATA
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 4.

YEKUKEGA
                    IEKUNATA
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 7.

ZEKUKEGE
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 10.

LEKUKEGE
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 11.

AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 12.

AOKUKEGA
                    AEKUNATE
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 16.

POKUKEGA
                    AEKUNATE
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 17.

ZOKUKEGA
                    PEKUNATE
                    AASUVAPA - Wait for demo and you will start on stage 18 (last stage).

The first two codes sets up the stage and graphics, AASUVAPA makes you start the stage instead of the demo. Both level graphics and item graphics display correctly.

GAXLEPAA
                    ANEUNOAZ
                    GEEUEPLA
                    LAXLNPPA - Start on stage 4 (intro graphics is wrong but everything else works and displays as it should).

ZAXLEPAE
                    TEEUEPLA
                    ANEUNOAZ
                    LAXLNPPA - Start on stage 10.

ZPXLEPAA
                    PEEUEPLE
                    ANEUNOAZ
                    LAXLNPPA - Start on stage 18.

LAXLNPPA fixes the item graphics but messes up the intro screen (the one where he walks to the gate). Been trying to find a code that fixes the intro screen but haven't been successful yet.
                    Last edited by Cyperium; 12-01-2019, 05:47:28 AM.

Comment

Terminator 2 (USA):
                      PZKIZAIE
                      YYKILENK
                      AIEOXPEY
                      AENOKEYA - Invincible, some flickering can be seen at the last stage, if you fall off screen you won't be able to get back up, and you won't die so the game is basically softlocked. The two last codes are to make sure you don't freeze while being in lava.

Note: your energy will still go down when you get hit and such, but you never die, dying is when #80 is sent to a function but I AND'ed it with 7F so it is never reached (other values will need to be sent to the function as well, so I couldn't disable it).

EAVEAAAG
                      AIVATPAP
                      SZEOVOGK - Invincible, better version, no side-effects. Don't fall off-screen or you will not be able to get up and you will not be destroyed.

AEEOKXGP
                      AEKPNZOT - Walk through walls.

AANYISIL - Hold more than 3 barrels.

ZENLKTZE - get refilled with 10 bombs in bomb-placing mission.

AAOXNXYA - You can go straight to the boss on level 1, only motorcycles spawn. Thanks Ramdemann for the RAM address.

ATKLUYAZ - Gates doesn't destroy you on level 2, they appear opened.

AIVLKYEL
                      ASEUOYEP - Closed gates doesn't destroy you on level 2.

XKVPXKUZ
                      OOVPUKXO
                      ASKOSGAP
                      AOKOVKGA - Multijump.

OOVOXKVO
                      XKVOOGNL - Multijump (alternate), you move fast while jumping, last boss can't be defeated, if you shoot you fall to the ground. To make the game just jump to the last platform to the far left from where the boss is at.

When using the multijump codes, don't skip floors at levels where there are elevators, use the elevator instead, the game mechanics seem to load assets when the elevator is used, so you won't be able to go into doors and items won't be loaded otherwise.
                      Last edited by Cyperium; 12-03-2019, 12:54:50 PM.

Comment

Hunt For Red October, The (USA):
                        ASEEKIAL - Walls doesn't hurt the submarine. Named Protected Against... in the database to follow the set convention for that game.

AUXEEPZE - Move through walls (submarine). Have to say that I'm a bit proud of this one, The game tests to see if it is the submarine or the missiles that is being checked for collision, the carry is clear (BCC) if it is the submarine but I needed to jump pretty far away from the routine in order to enable the effect so I jumped to another BCC which sent it even further

These codes apply only to the final stage:
                        SZUGEVIK - Infinite bullets.

ATVLONOT
                        AVOXEUOZ
                        SZKXXKVK - Infinite energy.

EOVXTOKE
                        NUVXYPXX - Infinite energy (alternate), game slows down some (only on the final stage) as it jumps to a routine that refills the energy all the time.

SXSUOPVG - Infinite time.

Thank you, GForce, for the final stage RAM addresses.
                        Last edited by Cyperium; 12-03-2019, 12:43:59 PM.

Comment

Solomon's Key (USA):

APKAANAU
                          APSAZNAU
                          APUALNAU - Walk through walls.
                          Last edited by Cyperium; 12-04-2019, 07:18:40 PM. Reason: Turns out the destroy any block codes was already in the database, and it was the exact same code (except in the database you would get items behind the block). Use EP for blank tile (no item).

Comment

Kid Icarus (Europe, USA):
                            SNSKONNV
                            OSSKXNNG - Multijump, you cannot shoot the pots in the bonus game.

SXNIEYAX
                            SZEVGAAX
                            SZETAAAX
                            SZOVAAAX - Walk through walls, jump through walls, unfortunately you can't enter doors (and thus cannot complete the level). The floor/wall/door collision detection is unlike anything I've ever seen, but maybe I can solve it somehow. Obviously disabling the routine like I've done here isn't the way to go.

AEESLPIZ
                            AEOITOLP
                            SZVSPPAX
                            AASOLKAA
                            SZETAAAX
                            SZOVAAAX - Walk through walls, jump through walls, you can enter doors.

NPNSYPSA
                            ESEILOOU
                            SZVSPPAX - Walk through walls, you cannot jump through walls, you can enter doors.
                            Last edited by Cyperium; 12-05-2019, 07:17:45 PM.

Comment

Just in case anyone wonders, all the relevant codes in this thread has been added to the database, if not then it is stated or obvious due to the description (already exists in the database, etc.). Some codes might not have been added, without mention, if they were not deemed useful or interesting.

Sometimes there are several versions, I usually add only the versions that has the best effects, but sometimes a less useful version is also added which has less lines of codes (for those that have a Game Genie that wants to use the codes with original hardware) or to save time for those that type the codes in, or if the version has interesting/useful side-effects.

Even though codes are sometimes updated in the database, replacing the old codes, the old versions are available in this thread if for whatever reason someone still wants to use the older code.
                              Last edited by Cyperium; 12-06-2019, 02:31:07 PM.

Comment

Addams Family (USA):
                                TGKGAUSA
                                EYKGPLVY - Multijump, you also run faster, some sounds are missing.

AAVEVAPA
                                AAEANAPA - Invincible against instant death (only tested in the trap room at the crypt).

SXUKLSVV - Invincible against enemies, you do loose energy when in water without diving gear (not added to the database since there already are a couple of infinite health codes and it doesn't really add anything).

SXNKKVOX
                                SXOAZGSE
                                SZNIAPSE - Invincible against enemies (you don't flash), you loose energy when in water without diving gear, added this to the database, since in the other codes that I tested you flash when you are hurt.
                                Last edited by Cyperium; 12-09-2019, 04:51:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X