X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario Bros. 3 (USA):
    KZOLIGAA
    SXSUXZIT
    AANKLZPA - Walk/run/jump on pits. Doesn't work on ship level. DahrkDaiz had a different version of the first code, although this was independently discovered.

SZNUPISA - Walk off cliff to walk on air.

EESAAGAA - First three levels completed.

SXUGUOVS - Shells stay shells forever.

ESUSIPEY
    SXNZATSA - Control character in kings castle and in toad house (where you normally can't control him, like when choosing a chest and while text is written, this means that you can choose multiple chests). An expansion of retrocheats code, which only allowed you to jump up and down (and use your tail) in kings castle.

AINXTLEI - Control character in intro to ship (when he runs to jump the anchor). The level consists of an anchor that hangs from the sky (the ship isn't visible), maybe the ship will be visible if the level is enabled to scroll up? Will look into that.

AZKOEAAT - Enable upward scrolling on non-upward scrolling levels. The anchor in the ship cutscene actually hangs from the ship

ASSLNGEP
    AEULNKNT - Press UP to enter pipes while in the air (doesn't need to be a pipe there), press DOWN to enter any pipe. In the ship cutscene (when you have AINXTLEI enabled) you get to the ship level when jumping in the air and pressing UP using this code.

LSEUTOSN - Scrolling never stops to the right. Use this to explore the kings castle (when you have ESUSIPEY and SXNZATSA enabled - and you should enable a multijump and a walk through walls code as well and the enable upward scrolling code).

Many of the "control character" codes has been found before by the co-worker for Boundary Break on YouTube (by youtuber Shesez), but as far as I know they haven't been posted anywhere and the codes weren't in the description of the videos, at least they are here now but I think it would be nice if they would have given the codes they used, or at least shown how they did it, maybe it's out of scope for their channel. Here's the video for Super Mario Bros. 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6YtzwW3jO4
    Last edited by Cyperium; 12-25-2019, 09:26:14 AM.
    Check out my YouTube channel PolPon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...gJmUA81luZQqZw

Comment

CastleVania 3 (USA):
      LXOTTULK - View ending, use with: ZUSUYGSU to view with Syfa, ZLSLLOGO to view with Grant, LASLPPZA + ZLSLLOGO to view with Alucard.

LXOTGLLX - View ending without Belmont (he arrives late), use with the above codes to view with the specified character. This view ending code allows you to enter your name.

GENVAUYE - Press A + B and START to view ending (replaces sound test). <--not added to the database as it doesn't really add anything.

List of values for 0018 (game mode/selection):
      02 - Enter name ---> goes to 0018:0A
      03 - Start Level ---> goes to 0018:04
      04 - Start Level
      05 - Lost life ---> goes to 0018:04 or 0018:06
      06 - Game Over ---> goes to 0018:04 if continue is selected or 0018:OB if password is selected
      07 - Debug menu
      08 - Choose path (when completing level)
      09 - Intro cutscene
      0A - Enter name
      0B - Display current password
      0C - Ending
      0D - Ending credits
      0E - Start Level (don't know where this is set, perhaps after the ending is done, but you don't get to the "second quest").
      0F - Sound test
      Last edited by Cyperium; 12-21-2019, 07:04:52 AM.
      Check out my YouTube channel PolPon: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...gJmUA81luZQqZw

Comment

Mega Man 3 (USA):
        EUOKVSXU
        SSUGKISS - Automatically beat all Wily's castle levels one after another then reach the ending.

EUOKVSXU
        SSUGKISS
        ASNKULEY - View ending at start of level.

LEOKVSXL
        KKUGKISS - View ending at start of level.

GAEGOUGO - View ending at start of level. <----this version of the view ending at start of level codes has been added to the database.

GEVKVEAO
        EENGVAEP - View ending when game starts.

Ending triggers when 00E4 is 0C and there is a subsequent jump to 8000 (after what I believe is a bank-switching routine), the game is a bit forgiving if it is little above 8000, like the above code which jumps to 8009 instead to save one byte of code which results in the title music cuts sooner.
        I don't know really how bank-switching works, but when 00F4 is set to 0C the bank is set to 06 when it jumps to 8000, while the normal 8000 code is at 0C and as far as I can tell the ending routine is at bank 06. It isn't enough though to just switch banks to 06 and running from 8000, something else must be at play too, maybe that 00F4 must be 0C for it to work (I think it also sets 00F2 to 0C). Interesting that both Mega Man 3 and CastleVania 3 uses 0C for ending (coincidence?).
        Last edited by Cyperium; 12-23-2019, 01:11:20 PM.

Comment

Mega Man 4 (USA):
          LPVKTVZA
          TIUGASPU
          SXEGGTAX - View ending at start of game. This view ending version is true to the original. Last code disables the level music so that the first scene is silent like it should be.

LAEAPATL
          EAEAZEVA - View ending at start of game. CAPCOM text at the end is thrown out of the screen instead of landing under "PRESENTED BY".

LPVKTVZA - View ending when level starts. Level music continues throughout the first scene (when wily's ufo fly off the screen).

LPVKTVZA
          TIUGASPU - View ending when level starts. Automatically starts a level at the title screen. Music continues throughout the first scene.

None of the view ending codes will show the scene of Dr. Wily begging on his knees, the game doesn't seem to switch to this scene, it's just already there when you enter the fight with Dr Wily, hidden in the black background that then fades into the scene, I guess I could make such a code, but that would probably require many codes to set up everything.

The view ending codes work by setting 0030 to 13 (except for the second view ending at start of game code, which skips the jump by changing the address to the next one, this is because changing 4C to AD will change it for other banks as well so I needed values specific to the bank I wanted to skip the jump on).

0022:?? Level modifier, 00-0F.

OXKGPLEN - Somewhere where Megaman can't move side to side, but can jump, Megaman can now move. <----this code is not added to the database until I find where it is applicable.

SZXAPOOU
          UINEYPEP - Most objects become solid. If you use it with some invulnerability code you can jump on them (RAM addresses and values I needed to make this code are on the www.tcrf.net website).
          Last edited by Cyperium; 12-25-2019, 07:36:03 PM.

Comment

Mega Man 6 (USA):
            OIESPPOT - View Ending At Title Screen. Credits to gedowski for the ending routine address (the code which lets you view the ending when picking a boss). Code works by jumping (JSR) to an invalid upcode which misaligns the addresses to give rise to another invalid opcode which expects a two byte input and hence skips the RTS that normally keeps the game from going into the ending routine. Difference between gedowski's code is that there is no level music playing at the start of the ending sequence and of course that you only need get to the title screen to view ending.
            Last edited by Cyperium; 12-25-2019, 12:33:22 PM.

Comment

Mega Man 2 (USA):
              YAVKLIAE - View ending at stage select screen.

ALXXTTAA - Defeat boss in one shot.

NYOZZLAE
              EZOZGUSN - Start with all weapons, 255 lives and start at Dr. Wily's castle. Credits to Phil The Hammer for the RAM addresses and values.

NYOZZLAE
              XPOZGUSN - Start with all weapons at Dr. Wily's castle. Credits to Phil The Hammer for the RAM addresses and values.

SZOZPOOX - Start with the three items.

OZOZLLSE - Only Airman remains undefeated, all weapons except Airman's weapon and Item 2 (which you get when you defeat Airman)

Chip & Dale (USA):
              AANLYUTA
              AESUALIA - Auto defeat bosses.

ZAEGGVLE - View ending when you've selected player. Wrong music (title music throughout the ending).

ZAEGGVLE
              AEEKPIYE - View ending when you've selected player. Correct music but is played also at title screen (music couldn't be changed when transitioning to the ending from the title screen, I think it is changed when you defeat the final boss).
              Last edited by Cyperium; 12-26-2019, 09:37:05 PM.

Comment

Adventures Of Rad Gravity, The (USA):
                AIXTAGAL - Multijump, use with caution, enemies jump behavior (when there is one) may be altered, teleportation balls jump away (since it uses the same way of figuring out if a jump can be done), last boss missiles multijump out of the screen, etc., I still found this code very useful and fun

AANVVULA - Invincible against lava and water.

Alternative (backup) codes for invincibility against lava and water (haven't tested them that much, these have not been added to the database):
                YOEVULGU - Invincible against lava and water (alt)

APXSNSAU - Invincible against lava and water (alt - probably better than the other alternative code)

APKPIGPA
                PASNUUPA
                AASNVLAP - Start with 16 energy containers. Last two codes is to solve glitches that happens when you take a energy container (so if you avoid them you don't really need them).

Let me just tell you, this game's code is very difficult for game genie use.. I find it very hard to alter one thing without altering something else, the game uses RAM execution as a jump table which also complicates things, but not only that (because that can be easily circumvented since the RAM execution point uses ROM values after all), different effects uses exactly the same ROM routine with different RAM values (which from a Game Genie standpoint sucks) and not only that but the RAM addresses changing causes different effects which means that most things can't even be done by both RAM and ROM manipulating! Well enough rant..
                Last edited by Cyperium; 01-03-2020, 04:56:33 PM.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA):
                  LPOTZAAA
                  TAOTIGLA
                  SAOVPKVX
                  IENVLPAA
                  SZETZXSE - Start in Wart's chamber with 5 lives.

ZPOTZAAA
                  TAOTIGLE
                  SAOVPKVX - Start on World 7-1 with 5 lives.

LPOTZAAA
                  TAOTIGLA
                  SAOVPKVX - Start on World 7-2 with 5 lives.

IUOOUZAA
                  PEOOOZEA - Start on World 2, no music at title screen.

IUOOUZAA
                  ZEOOOZEA - Start on World 3, no music at title screen.

IUOOUZAA
                  LEOOOZEA - Start on World 4, no music at title screen.

IUOOUZAA
                  GEOOOZEA - Start on World 5, no music at title screen.

IUOOUZAA
                  IEOOOZEA - Start on World 6, no music at title screen.

IUOOUZAA
                  TEOOOZEA - Start on World 7, no music at title screen.

RAM start at Wart's chamber:
                  Code:
                  0531:13 <---level number (7-2)
                  0635:06 <---world number (7)
                  04E8:05 <---sub-area (5 = Wart's chamber)
                  04EC:01 <---has to be toggled off when arriving at Wart's chamber, this is the level transition address (00 - Normal play, 01 - Restart Level, 02 - Game Over, 03 - Make Level, 04 - Warp)
                  Last edited by Cyperium; 01-11-2020, 04:52:39 PM.

Comment

Mega Man 3 (USA):
                    YLUALGPE - Prolongs ending enough to hear entire melody.

SZUEGKOG
                    TPUEIKEL
                    EIUETGEY - Enables you to listen to ending music until you press a button in the ending scene.

TPUAPGSP - Hold RIGHT to listen to ending music until you release the button (when Mega Man looks up at Proto Man).

TOUETZSP - Hold RIGHT when Mega Man walks on the grass before the screen starts scrolling to stop him walking until you release the button (enables you to listen to ending music as long as you want).
                    Last edited by Cyperium; 01-12-2020, 11:49:31 AM.

Comment

Mega Man (USA):

GOUOTSAP
                      SOEPGIVP
                      VEEPLSPZ - Jump In Mid-Air (nolberto82 had a almost identical code, this is a bit different though, and discovered independently - it was through the similarities in the codes that I understood that the moon jump codes could actually really easily be changed to jump in mid-air codes which is what I did on Mega Man 2 explained below).

Mega Man 2 (USA):

I changed nolberto82's moon jump code to be a pure jump in mid-air code (that is, minus the moon jump effect), all credits go to him for this code of course since I only changed it by deleting one of the codes.

nolberto's original moon jump code was:
                      AXEAUUSZ
                      VEEAKLEX
                      SEEASLGA
                      LXEEYIYZ - Moon Jump (by nolberto82)

I deleted the last code so that Mega Man no longer jumps to the top of the screen if you hold the jump button (giving you the benefit of better control (as he doesn't jump as fast up from the start) and less codes):
                      AXEAUUSZ
                      VEEAKLEX
                      SEEASLGA - Jump In Mid-Air (adaptation from code by nolberto82).

I had made a jump in mid-air code that was actually completely different from the way nolberto82 pursued it, but nolberto82's code was vastly better than mine so I deleted mine and replaced it with this altered version of his moon jump code. My own version is in this thread but it needs a different code so that Mega Man has the correct speed. Since that code was also three codes long it is in every way inferior to nolberto82's version (minus that fourth code). If I find a way to make my code better then I will make a alternate version, as it works in such a different way, and add it to the database.
                      Last edited by Cyperium; 01-16-2020, 09:51:11 AM.

Comment

Cobra Triangle (USA):

NNNEVEGU - Slower timer.

GTEEUOGL - Gain 99 on the seconds count each time the minute count decreases instead of 59.

ASEAEGEL - Enemies doesn't bump you, you can still take damage from some enemies (like sharks and bullets) but boats doesn't deal any damage to you.

IVXVYYSZ - Quicker acceleration.

AVOETPAI
                        EUEVIPAY
                        EIOUIIAT
                        - Faster speed (last two codes changes speed limits, first code sets initial speed to 60 instead of 50).

EEOETPAI
                        EKEVIPAY
                        EIOUIIAT
                        - Ridiculous speed (last two codes changes speed limits, first code sets initial speed to 70 instead of 50).

EIOUIIAT
                        ESEVIPAY
                        - Changes maximum speed limit to D0 instead of 70 (higher than D0 actually seem to make the boat struggle to move fast and is stuck at around 60).

AANVITAL - Can pick Turbo as many times as you like, it is the same as picking Speed but the first item so it is easier to get. Keep in mind that speed won't go higher than the speed limits.

Code:
                        Some addresses:
                        [color=white]00C9[/color] and [color=white]004C[/color] seems to be the direction of the boat, straight up is 00, straight to the left or right is 06. Straight down is 0D, a tad down from straight left or right is 12.
                        [color=white]03BC[/color] - Maximum speed.
                        [color=white]03B5[/color] - Current speed.
                        Last edited by Cyperium; 01-17-2020, 07:01:49 AM.

Comment

Faxanadu (USA):

OVUPVNXV - Skip opening dialog.

GEKPONKT - Meat shop now offers great items!

PANPPIAA
                          ZANOYSNY - Have pretty good equipment and 65793 gold.

VEXOZSSE - Start with 6711680 gold!

VEXPYSSE - Start with 65280 gold!

VANPISSE - Start with rank Paladin.

VANOASSE - Start with elixir, staff and pendant.

KASNUAVA
                          VANOASSE - Have every special item.

KASNUAVA
                          VANPISSE - Start with rank Lord.

OZOVLOPX
                          EAOGOVY - Wing ability is always on. <---Thanks to Phil The Hammer for RAM address!

PEXSETAA
                          IOKSUTAA
                          PNVSNTOP
                          - Start at first boss.

PEXSETAA
                          LUKSUTAE
                          PNVSNTOP
                          - Start at second boss.

PEXSETAA
                          GUKSUTAE
                          PNVSNTOP
                          - Start next to second boss at room with elixir.

PEXSETAA
                          YUKSUTAE
                          - Start at fountainman who gives you Ring of Ruby.
                          Last edited by Cyperium; 01-16-2020, 10:15:36 AM.

Comment

Trojan (USA):

PEVSIPAA - Don't take any damage.

ATVXPKSZ
                            AASZTGPA
                            PEVSIPAA
                            AONSIPEY - Invincible (don't run out of time, the game will not know what to do).

PEVSIPAA
                            TAUNKZAZ
                            AONSIPEY
                            - Invincible (don't run out of time or you get limbo), you can go through walls and enemies in horizontal scrolling levels.

ATVXPKSZ
                            AASZTGPA - Walk right through enemies (credits to CRACKdown for RAM address and value).

AONSIPEY - Don't get stunned by enemies (some bosses may still stun you a bit).

OZEKEXPX
                            LAEGKZIA
                            PAEKOXYA
                            - Start on stage 1-2 (more stages can be found by altering the last code (with last letter A and first letter one of ZLGITY or with last letter E and first letter one of APZLGI where G is last boss and I is the Vs. battle room which can't be finished as a stage). Credits to CRACKdown for RAM address!
                            Last edited by Cyperium; 01-17-2020, 06:53:52 PM.

Comment

TaleSpin (USA):

ASKATAEP - Invincible (can still be crushed by wall). Credits to VisitntX for RAM address!

AIVNAGEY
                              ASENTGEY
                              ASKNZGEY
                              ASXNGGEY - Fly through walls.

PAXGTYAA
                              PAOKYYAA
                              - Start at stage 2, more stages by changing the first letter of both codes to ZLGITY for stage 3-8.

YAXGTYAA
                              GIKKZNZI
                              - View ending at start of stage.

IAKKAYZA - Start with max multiple shot ability (4 shots). The value can be changed to greater than that but some bullets will not actually hit enemies if you do.

ZAKKGYAA - Start with the better engine (you get a bit faster).

LSVKTTYV
                              AVVGYYAA
                              - Have maximum hearts (4).
                              Last edited by Cyperium; 01-20-2020, 03:57:55 PM.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA):

PXOYIUVY
                                KEOYTUXN - Semi-control character at ending. Will try to make this better, as it is right now you basically guide the character to the pre-defined movements. It is a proof-of-concept though.
                                Last edited by Cyperium; 01-20-2020, 04:32:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X