No announcement yet.

Xirtamehtsitahw's Hacking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come up with a new term for fake codes: "weeds". Someone who deliberately posts such fake codes should be called a "weeder".

I think I may have found a couple of "weeds" in Super Mario Bros. 3's code list. They both mainly deal with invincibility of one kind or other.

The first one, NYNZPAKO, is supposed to make Mario immune to lava. It doesn't. I applied the proper offset in both the extended RAM and ROM address ranges in TempAR, but the addresses I found do NOT deal with lava immunity (or lack thereof).

The second one, SXZSKX, is supposed to put Mario into "God mode", but doesn't. AFAIK, this code does absolutely ZILCH. I once again applied the proper offsets to find the address the code is supposed to affect, but the address I found does not deal with invincibility at all.

I found a third one, GOZSXX, which is supposed to act like NYNZPAKO, but doesn't, at least when I apply the Game Genie-to-CWCheat offset. I can, however, confirm that GOZSXX is a WORKING code (I used it plenty of times on a real NES years ago).

I will, however, supply a couple of working CWCheat conversions of pre-existing Game Genie and PAR codes.

Multi-jump
    0x003B5359 0x00000024

God Mode*
    0x003417E1 0x00000000

*Turn the code off if you fall into a pit to allow yourself to die (seems the code isn't 100 percent perfect).
    Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

Super Mario Bros. 3Mix is easily the single best homebrew NES game EVER made. Period. It has some of the coolest ideas, powerups and themes ever crammed into a single NES game.

Here are the top 5 concepts pulled off to perfection in this game:

5. Star coins. Every level has 3 of them to find, and they're required to unlock hidden parts of the game (bonus zones, anyone?).
      4. New Powerups. These powerups are the cream of the crop, the best ones ever featured in any Mario games--3D Land-style Tanooki, Penguin, Rabbit(!), and Boomerang suits are all included (replacing the obviously inferior Raccoon, Frog, Tanooki and Hammer suits)
      3. Worlds themed after past Mario games or levels, rather than simple "grass, desert, ocean, et cetera" layout.

2. New music tracks, including some rather weird, "upside-down" versions of original SMB3 music, are featured throughout.

1. YOSHI! This is the first--and probably ONLY--SMB3 hack which features the titular dinosaur as a partner character. He swallows enemies, spits shells, and can even run away if hit (at a mercifully slower pace than in SMW). Plus, he can give you a second jump, just like in SMW. AFAIK, he's only seen in World 4, and the world modeled after Super Mario Sunshine. Not sure about the world modeled after Galaxy & Galaxy 2.

Plus...I converted Nolberto82's graciously provided multi-jump Game Genie code for use on my TempAR cheat engine (so I don't have to keep activating/patching Game Genie codes onto the game every time I start it up).

Here are four CWCheat codes I made specifically for this game:

Infinite lives (set your lives to 99)
      0x00341E24 0x00000063

Stop Timer (except in auto-scroll levels)
      0x00341CC3 0x00000001

Multi-jump (converted from Nolberto's GG code)
      0xD0000000 0x10002000*
      0x003B514C 0x00000000

*The button activator actually disables vertical scroll-lock in-game...for whatever weird reason.

Suit Modifier*
      0x003417DD 0x0000000?

*Replace ? with the following:

0--Small Mario
      1--Super Mario
      2--Fiery Mario
      3--Tanooki Mario
      4--Penguin Mario
      5--Rabbit Mario
      6--Boomerang Mario

Don't insert any values higher than 6, as it causes Mario to glitch up (and may freeze the game).

Comment

Please note that spoilers abound in the below article. Read at your own discretion.

Here's a synopsis of Super Mario Bros. 3Mix:

World 1: Super Mario Bros. and Lost Levels remix.

World 2: Super Mario Bros. 2 remix.

World 3: Boo's Woods. (Maybe based on Wario's woods or Big Boo's Haunt from Super Mario 64)

World 4: Super Mario World remix--WITH YOSHI!

World 5: Sarasaland Desert (can't remember actual name)--taken from Super Mario Land 1, of course.

World 6: Super Mario Sunshine remix.

World 7: Super Mario Galaxy remix.

World 8: Bowser's Domain, with one level devoted to each of the first seven level types.

World 0: Count Bleck's Lair.*

*This world is broken up into five areas. The first four are accessible from each of the even-numbered worlds, via a warp pipe. Each of these four areas contains a hand-trap level and a Hammer Bro Challenge. You must complete each Hammer Bro Challenge in order to receive one of the four keys required to complete the main portion of World 0.

Also, as indicated in World 0's "official" name (well, the name I gave it), Count Bleck is the final boss of the level. You reach him by having to fight the first eight worlds' final bosses, in any order.

After defeating Count Bleck, there is additional post-game content, in the form of 36 additional Star Coins to find. These come in two "flavors"--red and purple. A red comet symbol indicates you simply need to complete a harder version of the original level in order to receive the Star Coin. Purple means you have to collect a certain number of "star bits" (represented by purple coins) to receive the Star Coin.

All told, there are 300 Star Coins to find in the game, so this game is quite large, and will take some time to finish.

Here is the list of Mario games hinted at or given a nod to (that I can find):

1. Super Mario Bros.
        2. Super Mario Bros. 2
        3. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
        4. Super Mario World
        5. Super Mario Land 1
        6. Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins (Rabbit Suit)
        7. Super Mario Sunshine
        8. Super Mario Galaxy
        9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Penguin Suit)
        10. Super Mario 3D Land (New Tanooki and Boomerang Suits)
        11. Super Paper Mario (Count Bleck)
        12. Mario Bros. (the Hammer Bro Challenge levels)
        13. Super Mario 64? (Boo's Woods possibly based on Big Boo's Haunt)

In short, this game has possibly the most Mario games represented of ANY Mario-game mod that I have ever seen!

Also, I noticed an enemy I've never seen in a Mario game before: FLYING Dry Bones! Easily the coolest enemy addition to any game I've ever seen.

This is the largest NES rom ever (at a whopping 768 KB), and therefore couldn't possibly be made any larger. Before this game was created (modified, hacked...whatever), the largest NES rom I knew of was the original Super Mario Bros. 3, which was actually scheduled to debut on the Super Nintendo (but the SNES was delayed, so...we all know what happened).
        Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-09-2015, 03:23:11 PM.

Comment

I've got a new hacking target now: Super Mario War!

This simple but addictive stomp-or-be-stomped Smash clone is cool in that it has literally TONS of different characters you can play as. Anyone from the basic Mario and Luigi to rather bizarre characters (such as a stop sign, of all things).

The powerup system is also simplistic, but remarkably effective. I've found nine powerups so far (not sure if there are any others--I could probably download some and add them to the game).

The eight powerups I've found are:

1. Clock (slows opponent(s) down)
          2. Bob-omb (turns you into a Bob-omb so you can explode when near your opponent(s), killing them instantly)
          3. POW block (when detonated, any opponents on the ground instantly die)
          4. Starman (makes you invincible, and opponents die upon touching you)
          5. Fire Flower (lets you throw fireballs, which kill opponents on contact)
          6. Hammer (lets you throw hammers, which perform like fireballs, except that they have a high arc, and can go through walls and platforms)
          7. Bullet Bill (Bullet Bills start coming from both sides of the screen. Any enemy they touch is killed instantly).
          8. 1-UP (has various beneficial effects depending on the game type)
          9. Poison Mushroom (kills on contact)

The codes I aim to find include the following:

1. Infinite spawn shield time
          2. Infinite (insert powerup)
          3. Moon jump
          4. Kill Count modifiers
          5. Anything else that comes to mind.

Comment

Finally, a long-awaited update to my thread! LOL

Here are some interesting NES Tetris facts:

1. It takes a bare minimum of 252 lines (all Tetrises) to cap the score, starting from level 0 (also referred to as a "cold start"). This also requires a minimum of 630 blocks.

2. The infamous "kill screen", level 29, has actually been surpassed, without cheats, by one of the world's best NES Tetris players, Thor Aeckerlund, in 2011. Another man named Ben Magick also claims to have reached level 30, but so far there is no video proof of him doing so. There may actually be others, but just not recorded.

4. Thor Aeckerlund holds the world record for most "kill screen" lines scored, at 12 (completing level 29, and an additional 2 lines in level 30). Note: the term "kill screen" refers to levels 29 and beyond, because the blocks fall at the fastest speed that the NES can handle, 1 frame per row drop.

5. I may have been the first person EVER to see level 29 first-hand, using a single Game Genie code to do so (TVLOVA--the "delayed auto-fall" code I posted years ago). As to when it actually occurred, I'd probably peg it at somewhere around 1997 or 1998. This cannot be considered a true record, as a Game Genie code was used to discover the now-infamous "kill screen levels". The highest number of lines I can attest to is roughly 1,350 (probably capping the score about four or five times over).
            Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-21-2015, 09:55:34 PM.

Comment

Found an awesome mod of Pokemon Ruby, called Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!. It plays like a Final Fantasy-type RPG, with a compelling (and dark) story. In it, you play as a VERY young Pichu (by young, I mean 2 years old!), whose sister was killed by a pair of rather mean-spirited Spearow. After defeating the Spearow, you are given an astonishingly powerful move, called Super Rising Thunder (abbreviated as SuperThunder in-game). It has a base attack power of 120, and a starting accuracy of 100 percent (usually hits, unless affected by an accuracy-reducing move). Pichu's electric-type STAB bonus makes this move have a base attack power of 180--almost as powerful as Selfdestruct!

In addition, I found a couple of CWCheat codes for this game:

Infinite PP first Pokemon:

0x00615900 0x00000063
              0x00615901 0x00000063
              0x00615902 0x00000063
              0x00615903 0x00000063

Infinite PP second Pokemon:

0x006159B0 0x00000063
              0x006159B1 0x00000063
              0x006159B2 0x00000063
              0x006159B3 0x00000063

The first code always affects the first Pokemon on your side, in battle (even after switching). The second one is only needed for tag-team battles.

I may find additional ones for HP, level, and stats. I only played the alpha version, but I do believe there is a finalized version of it (I'll have to look for it).

Also, I'll post a BUNCH of codes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team soon. Here's a list of the codes I've found for this game in the past:

1. Pokemon modifiers for all team members
              2. Move modifiers for all team members
              3. Infinite PP for all team members' moves
              4. Stat/level/IQ modifiers for all team members
              5. Ginseng* modifiers for all team members' moves
              6. Pokemon "type attribute" modifiers (can give an ice-type the fire-type's ability to walk on lava, for example)
              7. Player/team name modifier
              8. Pokemon color modifiers (can make a Flygon blue, purple, orange, or red, for example--they're normally green, of course)
              9. Pokemon primary/secondary type modifiers (so you can have a ghost/dark-type Mewtwo, if you wanted...yikes)
              10. Floor modifier (for getting to your mission objective(s) faster)

*Ginseng is a rare item which strengthens moves' overall power. The most Ginsengs you can attach to a single move is 255(!). A move with Ginsengs attached will look like "Move Name +???"; the ??? will be equal to the number of Ginsengs used on that move).

Also, the highest level you can give a Pokemon with my level modifier is 255, not 100. Thus, a level-255 Pokemon, with maximum attributes (255 in everything), plus a +255 STAB-bonus move = more than 1,000 damage to an unfortunate enemy Pokemon, especially one weak to that STAB-bonus move! The highest damage I've seen done in one move was over 5000! Not even the strongest boss Pokemon in the game can withstand such a move (their HP often caps at around 1200).

Here's a tip for clearing a dungeon floor of ALL Pokemon...in ONE move:

Link the moves One-room*, Lock-on, and a room-clearing move (such as Silver Wind), for a one-hit KO to every single enemy Pokemon on the same floor as your team...SIMULTANEOUSLY! I call this set of three linked moves the "Genocide Combo".

*One-room is a "beta" move, which duplicates the effects of a One-room Orb. It removes all walls and dead ends from the entire floor, turning it into a giant, rectangular chamber. One-room is not normally capable of being taught to any Pokemon, as it is normally only accessible via the use of the One-room Orb. Other beta moves include Searchlight (reveals entire floor), Trapbust and Petrify.

Comment

Some useful CWCheat codes for Pokemon Ruby:

Infinite HP for both Pokemon in tag battles:

0x10615904 0x000003E7
                0x106159B4 0x000003E7

Max HP for all Pokemon (12 lines--yep, it's a long one...)

0x104E4FBE 0x000003E7
                0x104E4FC0 0x000003E7
                0x104E5022 0x000003E7
                0x104E5024 0x000003E7
                0x104E5086 0x000003E7
                0x104E50EA 0x000003E7
                0x104E50EC 0x000003E7
                0x104E514E 0x000003E7
                0x104E5150 0x000003E7
                0x104E51B2 0x000003E7
                0x104E51B4 0x000003E7

Infinite PP for both Pokemon in battle (another longish one--8 lines)

0x00615900 0x00000063
                0x00615901 0x00000063
                0x00615902 0x00000063
                0x00615903 0x00000063
                0x006159B0 0x00000063
                0x006159B1 0x00000063
                0x006159B2 0x00000063
                0x006159B3 0x00000063

I could probably zero in on the Master Ball value (so as to make them unlimited via CWCheat)--due to an infinite Master Balls code (which is strangely NOT on this site...).

Comment

How to maximize created-finisher damage in Smackdown 2011

Do a text search for the name of the finisher you want to max out. Go up 68 bytes from the finisher name's first letter. You will find a group of bytes in this formation:

xx xx xx
                  xx

Change those bytes to all FF's, and you've just maxed out the damage for that finisher! Watch in awe as it now basically cripples the AI with just ONE use--even with the finisher-damage slider at its minimum setting!

The first-slot finisher's name starts at 0x005EA974, and runs for 24 bytes. There is an eight-byte "null" space between the last name byte of a finisher and the first damage byte of the second finisher. I'm not sure why that null space is there, but probably to maintain a regular, multiple-of-8 offset between sets of finisher data.

The first finisher's first damage byte is stored at 0x005EA90C.

Please note that this info may only apply to front-grapple created finishers.

UPDATE: Mewtwo just met Undertaker for the first time...and destroyed the Demon of Death Valley (natch). Taker did land his Tombstone, but it was of no use--he couldn't even keep Mewtwo down for a ONE-count! LOL

Mewtwo's post-match promo:

"Undertaker, you may not have feared anyone before encountering me, but now you know fear. Its name...is Mewtwo."

I can only imagine the mind games Mewtwo will play on Bray Wyatt, when I can finally download CrocoX111's WWE 2K14 mod...

It would probably go something like this:

"Bray, you're used to scaring everyone around you into submission with your spooky ghost stories about Sister Abigail. Such scare tactics won't work on me, because I am Fear Incarnate, Pain Personified, Insanity Made Flesh. I am your Boogeyman, Bray. I am Mewtwo, Cthulhu Reborn!"
                  Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-28-2015, 02:51:31 AM.

Comment

Dr. Frankenstein would be jealous!

In addition to hacking the damage, speed and framerate of front-grapple created finisher animations, I can also splice together normally incompatible animations to create truly bizarre and terrifying masterpieces of utter annihilation.

To do this, you need to know the IDs of the more than 450 created-finisher animations (I've found nearly all of them, but there are still about a double or triple handful I may have missed), and do LOTS of experimentation (you can't just slap a series of animations together at random and hope something good happens--there are FAR too many to create a good finisher just by chance).

Here is the list of finisher parts I've found so far (the number is still gradually growing):

CAF Parts.doc

Please note that the list is VERY long, so use Ctrl+F to find a particular term or ID value.

Addendum: My Mewtwo CAW's current finishers are The Mewtron Bomb and The Chicxulub Impact.

The official description for the Mewtron Bomb could probably be given as "double-underhook shoulder powerbomb". Mewtwo starts from the Pedigree position, lifts his opponent onto his shoulder while maintaining the underhook hold, then delivering the powerbomb. Easily the single most dangerous powerbomb ever invented, bar-none.

The official description for the Chicxulub Impact (named after the event which killed off the dinosaurs) is "military press brainbuster DDT). Mewtwo benches his opponent over his head, and then simply DDTs them into the mat from about 9 feet up (Mewtwo's height is 7'2" in-game, to give him the appropriate imposing appearance of an invincible titan).

The Mewtron Bomb and Chicxulub Impact are SO dangerous, that they would probably be banned even in indie promotions and Japanese puroresu organizations (often known for their violent and bloody matches).

Mewtwo is the unofficial "Shao Kahn" of the WWE Universe. 'Nuff said.
                    Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 03-01-2015, 01:21:29 PM.

Comment

Just downloaded MLB '11: The Show for PSP (again), and am going to post the various codes I found for it (once I rediscover them ).

Codes you can expect include setting the pitch count to 0-2 while pitching (allows for easy 1-pitch K's), infinite stamina for starting and relief pitchers, ball-count reset (so you won't walk any batters), maximum stats, and even pitch type modifiers (the eephus, vulcan change, gyroball, standing fastball, and sweeping curve are "locked" pitches not normally available, but are in the game's code).

I wonder if there are some beta pitching/batting stances locked away somewhere...?

UPDATE: Here's a couple of the codes I promised:

Press L for 2 strikes, R for none:

0xD0000000 0x10000100
                      0x0023DD64 0x00000002
                      0xD0000000 0x10000200
                      0x0023DD64 0x00000000

Unlimited Training Points:

0x117AA5EC4 0x0000270F*

This code is NOT my creation; I simply rediscovered it. Not sure who first found it (saw it on GameFAQs some years ago).

Next, I'm going to post some infinite-stamina codes for the RTTS* pitcher (there will need to be at least four of them--two each for relievers and starters, one for home games, and one for away games).

For those who don't know, RTTS stands for "Road to the Show", the game's version of career mode.

Here are two infinite-stamina codes I've found (so far):

0x000F86CA 0x000000FF
                      0x000F970A 0x000000FF
                      Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 03-05-2015, 08:24:09 PM.

Comment

MLB 11: The Show RTTS Tips

Here's how to build a true "pitching god" in RTTS:

1. Max out ALL of his attributes using the infinite points code.

2. Tweak the gameplay sliders so that your control and consistency are maximized.

3. Tweak the AI sliders so that their power, timing, solid hits and contact are minimized.

4. It also helps to minimize the wind slider and maximize the pitch speed slider (for increased accuracy).

5. Give your pitcher the 4 seam fastball, slider, screwball and eephus (you'll need to hack this one in).

6. Give your pitcher the Generic 122 stance, as it has the exact same animation whether there are runners on base or not (your pitcher will always deliver from the set stance). It also has a fairly easy meter timing for accurate pitching.

7. Use the strikeout code I provided to maximize the chance of your pitcher getting lots of strikeouts per game (I average around 20 strikeouts per game, far higher than even the greatest pitchers of the dead-ball era!).

8. Give him infinite stamina by performing an 8-bit unknown value search, then throw a pitch. Repeat the search, and then view the results. Don't be discouraged by the "huge" number of results (it'll often exceed 100,000), because the address you want is near the top of that list. It will look something like 0x000F9122 or thereabouts. Its value will probably be hovering around FA if you perform the search right at the start of your pitching session. Add this address to your cheat list, then set its value to FF, and voila, instant "cyborg" pitcher!

I'd like to be able to hack the confidence meters, but I'd have to nearly always ignore the catcher's suggestions (which are usually right), just so I could throw the same pitch in different places, then perform unknown-value searches as that pitch's meter increases or decreases. Of course, sometimes the meter changes so little that it's hard to tell if it had changed at all, meaning that I could botch the search by searching for a different value when the value had actually stayed the same (or vice-versa).

I've faced these difficulties before, in other games, but ended up still finding the codes I was after. I just gotta be patient, is all.

Comment

MLB 11: The Show RTTS Pitch Type Modifiers

First Pitch: 0x00176DF4

Second Pitch: 0x00176DF8

Third Pitch: 0x00176DFC

Fourth Pitch: 0x00176E00

Values for pitches are as follows:

00--4Seam Fastball
                          01--Sinker
                          02--Curveball
                          03--Slider
                          04--Slurve
                          05--Splitter
                          06--Changeup
                          07--Knuckleball
                          08--2Seam Fastball
                          09--Cutter
                          0A--Circle Change
                          0B--Palmball
                          0C--Forkball
                          0D--Knuckle-curve
                          0E--Screwball
                          0F--12-6 Curve
                          10--Sweeping Curve
                          11--Gyroball*
                          12--Running Fastball
                          13--Cut 2Seam*
                          14--Straight 2Seam*
                          15--Vulcan Change*
                          16--Eephus*

*These five pitches are not normally selectable when creating a RTTS pitcher. However, you can use them by editing the pitch type selection using the codes above. Also, the velocity, break and control values for each pitch are located immediately after the pitch type address.

In-game, the values "max out" at 99, but you can push them to 255(!), which basically turns your player into a virtual "baseball god"--the opposing batters are almost guaranteed to strike out against you, and it's really easy to make contact when at bat. In short, your player will make Babe Ruth and Satchel Paige jealous!

Here's the code which gives your player 255 in every attribute:

0x20176E0C 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20176E10 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20176E14 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20176E18 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D2C 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D30 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D34 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D38 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D3C 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D40 0xFFFFFFFF
                          0x20170D44 0xFFFFFFFF
                          Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 03-07-2015, 01:59:27 PM.

Comment

Max-stat update

It turns out that the attribute values are SIGNED integers, so the highest value you can use is 127, not 255. FF just makes all the attributes "appear" to be maxed out, but in fact are all set to -1 (not exactly a very impressive value, I can assure you).

Feel free to max out any attribute except for pitch movement. It also helps to leave the 4seam fastball's movement value at 0, because maxing out its movement at 127 makes it a very dangerous pitch to have in your arsenal, but for the WRONG reason--you may very well hit the batter with it, due to its now-erratic motion!

You should only input pitch movement values up to 99. Anything higher is just asking for trouble (especially for really hard-breaking pitches like the eephus and gyroball--they'll just go all over the place or not even make it to the plate).

A 127 for anything else (especially pitch control) makes for a nearly godlike ballplayer. Expect to easily reach 9 or 10 strikeouts in a 4-inning spring-training session. Once you're set loose for complete games, however...hoo boy, watch your K-count SOAR! LOL

Comment

Here are examples of how the AI actually cheats in this game:

It will blatantly call balls on pitches INSIDE the strike zone, alter the trajectory of your pitches so that they land outside the strike zone, make contact with pitches that the batter's bat didn't even touch, and deliberately hit the ball in various annoying ways:

1. Grounders landing ON the foul line, but are still declared fair.
                              2. Landing between two of your fielders, while they move much slower than normal.
                              3. Rarely, the batter will somehow make a tiny "tap" on the ball, making it land right in front of the plate, forcing you or the catcher to scramble after it, and in the meantime, the batter makes it to first base.
                              4. Causing the ball to land in an impossible-to-get-at corner of the field, while your fielder simply runs in place, having gotten stuck on a wall, so that the batter (and whoever else was on base) ends up scoring an inside-the-park home run. This hasn't happened on MLB '11: The Show, but I've seen it happen on earlier installments. It is also very much present in the MLB 2K series (at least the earlier versions).

And all of these are present even on Rookie difficulty! It only gets worse on higher difficulties.

The MLB 2K series didn't suffer from this sort of AI cheating, and the pitching mechanics they have on that game are superior to this one (you can precisely aim your pitches EXACTLY where you want them to go, and they WILL go there; none of this randomly-assigned ball call nonsense).

However, this series suffers from poor swinging animations (the bat will often clip through the batter during a swing), and setting up the lineups to eliminate all the players' complaints can be a bit taxing on one's patience. There should be online guides on how to deal with this sort of thing.

One of the first baseball games made for PSP, MVP Baseball, is also one of the best--except for a nearly game-breaking bug which causes the game to freeze if too many pinch hitters are called in by the AI. I'm not sure why that is, but it sucks. If I can find a way to get around that pinch-hitter bug, I would grab this game up in a heartbeat. It's THAT good! Oh, did I mention that it has legends ranging from Satchel Paige to Babe Ruth? No? Well, I just DID. Just create a "dummy player" named Dan Carter to unlock them all, as well as all of the current and legendary stadiums and jerseys.

Comment

PSP MVP Baseball "Pinch Hitter" Bug SQUASHED!

I found a VERY easy way to get rid of the pinch-hitter bug: simply set the DH Rule to BOTH in the options menu. That means that both teams use a DH to bat for the pitcher in every game, thus eliminating the need for pinch hitters.

I'm going to have to go deeper into the season mode to see if it still holds true past the first game (I didn't get the bug on the first game).

I'll post the results, whether good (no bug) or bad (the bug still happens).

In the latter case, it would mean I'd have to re-evaluate the actual cause of the bug.

UPDATE: Seems I was indeed correct in presuming that the bug would go away if the DH rule was enforced for both leagues (NL and AL). The bug, therefore, was specifically activated by the AI team sending in a pinch hitter for their pitcher.
                                Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 03-10-2015, 11:01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X