Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rimsky82: Please restore the Notes to the codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimsky82: Please restore the Notes to the codes.

I noticed that on the cheat pages, the notes for the codes no longer appear unless you click on the "Info" button. Problem is you can't tell if a cheat even has a note unless you click that button. Which means that most people will miss the notes, which are important.

In my opinion, the notes should have their own column and not be hidden away. But if you don't want it that way, then put something noticeable that lets people know there's information relevant to the functioning of that code.

Thanks!

Originally posted by ReyVGM View Post
    I noticed that on the cheat pages, the notes for the codes no longer appear unless you click on the "Info" button. Problem is you can't tell if a cheat even has a note unless you click that button. Which means that most people will miss the notes, which are important.

In my opinion, the notes should have their own column and not be hidden away. But if you don't want it that way, then put something noticeable that lets people know there's information relevant to the functioning of that code.

Thanks!
    Well said, I agree with you 100 percent. I even started adding "See notes" to my most recent code descriptions hoping new people would figure it out, but I'm not going to do that to my thousands of previous codes.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-14-2019, 07:27:32 PM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony H View Post

Well said, I agree with you 100 percent. I even started adding "See notes" to my most recent code descriptions hoping new people would figure it out, but I'm not going to do that to my thousands of previous codes.
      Indeed.

Comment

You’re right, I hate putting them in the list because some of them are long and disrupt the whole page. I agree with you that there should be an indicator that there’s a note, but please stop putting “see note” in the title because people use these codes on all kinds of platforms where they can’t even see notes.
        Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
          You’re right, I hate putting them in the list because some of them are long and disrupt the whole page. I agree with you that there should be an indicator that there’s a note, but please stop putting “see note” in the title because people use these codes on all kinds of platforms where they can’t even see notes.
          For long notes, you can always cut them up to a point and open the rest in a pop-up or just cascade it down like it was before.

Comment

I saw the changes rimsky, thanks, but it could still be a bit more noticeable. I only noticed because you changed the position of the buttons and not because the notes were noticeable. Maybe you can separate the info/notes buttons (even if they open the same popup)? Or maybe the button can be a different color when there's a note? Or maybe put the Notes button next to the name of the cheat?

Also, when I open the notes, there's always this bit on top:
            "RAM Write - Constantly writes 0xFF to the RAM address 0xDE2C."

It would be better if the notes are the first thing in the popup and not that.
            Last edited by ReyVGM; 11-19-2019, 03:36:39 PM.

Comment

You are getting really picky. Jesus.
              Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
                You are getting really picky. Jesus.
                Hey, we're the ones that update the code pages, and browse them everyday. So they should be custom made for us

Comment

Working...
                X