Issues adding GG codes to DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues adding GG codes to DB

The other day I was trying to add some SNES GG codes and wanted to make sure it was working correctly before I keep adding more. I also added a few incorrectly (didn't check Encrypted for GG, sorry, my bad) and am not sure how to properly add a Master code + variant type code and didn't want to screw it up.

I am trying to add codes that I made for Illusion of Gaia: https://gamehacking.org/game/43223

I added several that don't seem to be showing up, I thought maybe there is an approval process however a few of them showed up right away, which is somewhat confusing.

The ones I added that are showing are "Collect one Dark Gem for Max DP" and "Item Duplication when rearranging", however they don't show up as credited to me. Also I didn't realize I had to select Encrypted for the GG codes so the Dark Gem code shows as the system not recognizing it.

I also added about 5-10 other codes such as "Start with all Dark Powers", "Start with all Form Statues" and I have quite a few more to add but I wanted to check before adding more. One of the codes I want to add is "Item creation when rearranging" which requires two master codes and a third code for which item to create, and I'm not quite sure how to properly add that, unless the best way is just adding each code individually.
    "One man's garbage is another man-person's good un-garbage." -- Ricky from Trailer Park Boys

Do you know if your name has been added to the hacker data base?

EDIT: I fixed the "Collect one Dark Gem for Max DP" code so it's a Game Genie code (and encrypted), but didn't find your name in the db.

EDIT2: As far as master codes, there is a box you can check for Master Codes, but I don't think that's the type of master code you want, so don't check that box. Just put the 2 master codes together with the code(s) they go with, along with notes explaining how to use them.

EDIT3: I received an error message when I was fixing that one code of yours, so there may be a problem with that page.
    Last edited by Tony H; 01-29-2018, 11:52:10 PM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Thanks, Tony H.

Lazy Bastard had added me to the Hackers group back in September of last year. I hadn't tried adding codes since but was gonna get at it soon. I have a bunch of codes to post for quite a few games that haven't been added yet.

I should also create a codes thread for all my codes, that's something I haven't done either. I tend to hack sporadically here and there but will try to be more diligent when it comes to adding them to the DB.
      "One man's garbage is another man-person's good un-garbage." -- Ricky from Trailer Park Boys

Comment

One thing I noticed is if you take too long while you are adding codes, it'll kick you out after you post them & won't show them on there. I experienced that when I was trying add the roster modifier codes for NFL Faceoff 97 for the PS1. It was soooo frustrating.

If I have a massive amount of codes to post, I generally post about 10 to 15 at a time until they are all in there. My method of adding codes generally involves highlighting, copying, & pasting.
        Hacking games is always fun because you don't know what's hidden in the game.

Comment

Yeah, I wish there was an easier way for the Hacker group to add codes. We can only add codes one at a time. It can get tedious if you if have a lot of codes to add.

Comment

Okay, well I have to admit I made a pretty dumb mistake.

When adding the codes, I was selecting Item Codes as the group, as I had mistakenly thought the majority of codes were posted under that section (I had been viewing it as if the Item Codes list was already expanded, thinking the Top section was actually the Item Codes section). Then I wasn't seeing the codes I added because I didn't click on Item Codes to expand the section. Oops! I have a much better handle on adding codes now, I shouldn't make that mistake again.

So anyways I apologize for adding the codes to that section in error, if someone could move them to the Top section it would be appreciated. The codes I mistakenly added to Item Codes are "Open Menu to get all Form Statues", "Start with all Dark Powers", "Start with all Form Statues", and "Upgrade to Max 40 HP".

Also the following codes are still marked as Raw (again my bad) and should be changed to Encrypted: "Open Menu to get all Form Statues" and "Use Red Jewel to send 50 Red Jewels"

Also, can one of the admins check to see if I am in the Hackers group? When I am adding a code it does show my nickname in the Hacker field, however after the code is added it doesn't credit me as the author. I have quite a few more codes to add but I will wait before posting more. Thanks!

PS. Anyone else notice this section is titled "Under Constuction"? If that's a typo, it's pretty epic
            Last edited by Dteyn; 02-01-2018, 10:04:08 PM.

Comment

Ok, I think I got everything fixed and in the right place (check and make sure). You probably already figured this out, but when you're adding Game Genie codes, you'll need to check both "Game Genie" and "Encrypted".

An Admin will still need to find out why your name isn't showing up in the Hacker's list. I'll see if I can get one of them to check it out.

EDIT: The fact that you were able to add codes means that your name is in the db, but not sure why I can't see it and not sure why you're name isn't showing up as the hacker.
              Last edited by Tony H; 02-02-2018, 12:36:52 AM.
              The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Yup, everything looks like it's in the right spot now. Thanks Tony H!

I will still wait before posting more codes, if it requires fixing to get my name to show up I don't wanna add more codes and create more work. Lol

Comment

I added your name to the hacker table, and credited the cheats on the page that I assumed were yours. You should be good from now on.
                  Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Working...
                  X