One Moment thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Moment thingy

when i click on this site, it said One Moment before i logged in.. why it is like that?

It's just one of our security features, doing a one-time check on your browser's behavior to try to determine if you're a malicious bot. Obviously you're not, and it won't be bothering you again on that browser, on that system. The check is only performed once per browser, per system.
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Is that what's causing my browser to hang every time I log in, by any chance? I'm somewhat inclined to blame this on Firefox, as their last 2-3 updates have been pretty shit; eating up more memory than usual, hanging and lagging badly on sites that append content as you scroll, etc. But this is the only site where just logging in does that.

I can't recall seeing a "One Moment" notification, but I may have just forgotten it after the first time.

Comment

I've removed this check, so no, that shouldn't be causing your issue.

Funny you should mention Firefox, though, because nensondubois recently experienced an issue with GH that was confirmed to be caused by Firefox, and will I assume be resolved by a very thorough cache cleaning, etc.

Firefox for me, however, is working fine...

Comment

It successfully logs me in, and I can use the site normally after I halt the process and restart Firefox. Somewhere post-authentication and pre-updating the page to show I'm now logged in, it pegs a core and becomes unresponsive. After killing it and restarting, the Discord panel, or whatever you want to call it is replaced with the website's login box. If I try to login there, it throws a generic error, presumably because I'm already logged in, and then the entire site is basically iframed in there. If I refresh, it goes back to normal.

I've cleared the cache, through Firefox's menus and manually. I've tried forbidding Discord from running scripts because that panel's behavior seems weird, and when that didn't work I disabled every extension that might conceivably interfere with the site. Nothing helps.

Edit: Even after reinstalling Firefox from scratch, it still bombs. It works fine in Chrome on this PC, and it works fine in Firefox on my laptop. The only software difference is that my laptop has Windows 10 on it instead of 7.
          Last edited by Pyriel; 09-01-2017, 10:58:48 AM.

Comment

Is this issue still occurring?

Comment

no it's fine but i have a problem with logging in. when i tried to click on remember me as i type my username and password as i click on Login then password disappear and it still stuck on Login instead of my profile with notifications and messages

Comment

Originally posted by Combusto Dragon View Post
                no it's fine but i have a problem with logging in. when i tried to click on remember me as i type my username and password as i click on Login then password disappear and it still stuck on Login instead of my profile with notifications and messages
                Interesting. Are you using HTTPS or HTTP? Which OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android...)? Which browser?

Comment

HTTPS, Windoes 7 x86 and Google Chrome. don't make switch to Mac and Firefox. i need Windows and Chrome. if i use Firefox, it will crash often. not good for downloading stuff i need. it was fine with my only one browser, Chrome
                  Last edited by Combusto Dragon; 09-07-2017, 08:05:30 AM.

Comment

Interesting! I'm able to reproduce that, and in fact it's occurring with Firefox as well, and doesn't require that you click "Remember Me". Basically, what appears to be happening is, after successfully authenticating via HTTPS, it redirects you to HTTP, where you're not logged in. If you change the address to HTTPS in your address bar and hit Enter, you should see that you're logged in.

We'll take a look around; thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

It's not happening like that anymore, but now I can't sign in with Firefox at all. After clicking the login button, the username/password panel gets replaced with the entire site now, and I'm logged in within that tiny display. When I refresh, I'm no longer logged in and the process repeats.

Edit: In trying to see if there's a login page that can still be used, I clicked on "sign up", and it told me I was logged into my account. After clicking the forum link from there, everything is fine again. Prior to that, no amount of clicking around or refreshing gave any indication that I was signed in.

Edit 2: After closing and restarting the browser, it's back to pseudo-not-logged-in state. But now I appear to be logged in everywhere but the front page and main forums page. Those still welcome me as "Friend" and invite me to log in or sign up. No amount of cache clearing will get the pages to reload properly. It's bizarre.

Edit 3: If I login while viewing a forum, it automatically works OK until I go to either the main forum display or the front page. Once I get there, it's back to "Hi, Stranger". For what it's worth, I've deleted every cookie associated with gamehacking.org several times, cleaned out the caches, disabled extensions and plug-ins, and even reinstalled Firefox at this point, and this site is still nuts in it. Reading the rest of the thread, I see this is probably the bad redirects and/or whatever you're doing to try to fix that issue.
                      Last edited by Pyriel; 09-07-2017, 10:54:06 AM.

Comment

I just experienced that as well, and asked the other admins if one of them was working on it. Now it seems both of those problems are fixed for me, and everything is working properly. We're still not sure which one of us fixed it...

Comment

Working...
                        X