Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans of adding Wii U support to the database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans of adding Wii U support to the database?

Hello,
    I've been improving the Cafe Code codetypes a lot and will release the new codehandler today or tomorrow including a new documentary.
    It now supports the most important codetypes and even new stuff like casting floats to int, computing the sum/difference/product/quotient of values (ints, floats) of different addresses and store the result somewhere, filling a huge range with the same value (useful to recolor textures, fill a huge area of a level in splatoon, make Link's hair blue in Wind Waker HD).
    I'm due to add a code type to print any text on screen, so we can load any value and print it on screen, if it's a float we could convert it to a decimal int to display it.

There will just be a little "problem" about the game list..
    A lot of Wii U games had a lot of updates.
    For instance, as of now each regional version of Splatoon would need 15 entries. I doubt there are cheat codes for all of them, but there are plenty for the last 5 or 6 revisions and all our cheat codes for 2.9.0 work on 2.10.0 and 2.11.0
    My Website
    Hacking YouTube Channel

No requests, please

Not sure when I'll have the time to do it, but when I do I'll need all (but not limited to) the following:
    • Database of games, complete as possible (region, hash, serial, size etc)
    • Detailed description of code format and types
    • If there are any files involved, the extension, format/syntax of the file
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

I see. The file size of most games and hashes are impossible to determine without dumping them,. So we have to wait for the IOSU exploit to be out.
      Images on physical discs should be 25,025,314,816 Bytes in size.
      A good documentation explaining the code types is almost done
      Game images usually end with a .wud extension
      My Website
      Hacking YouTube Channel

No requests, please

Comment

@rimsky82,
        there is now a tool to dump disc images. it provides the image size and hashes for crc32, sha1 and md5. the serial can be found on the disc and game cover. the title id can be found either in the RAM or on the official title database.
        i just don't know if the hashes vary from copy to copy because i think every single disc has an unique title.tik and some contain more updated update partitions. here is a post showing the dumped hashes: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-d...5#post-6898206

as said above, on my website is an extensive documentation of the Cafe Codetype. the equivalent to the gecko codetype just for the wii u. but i'd like to mention that I am planning to add more new codetypes in the future
        Last edited by CosmoCortney; 12-04-2016, 05:42:31 AM.
        My Website
        Hacking YouTube Channel

No requests, please

Comment

Working...
        X