Support for the libretro/retroarch .cht format and CodeSearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for the libretro/retroarch .cht format and CodeSearch

I love the site and you guys do a great job. I had a couple of ideas to run by you if that's alright. The first is retroarch. It's becoming huge with desktop and Raspberry Pi users and I personally enjoy using it. Their cht format is confusing and a real pain to type up manually. I was hoping you might be able to add retroarch to the list of exportable formats. I know they have a github for it, but a cht file that only has "unlimited lives" just isn't fun. Being able to select whatever Code I want and then saving the file would be fantastic.

I also wish there was a way to search through all games on the site by code title. For instance, I might want to search for "Hit Anywhere" and see every game that has such a code. That's all I wanted to say. I appreciate all you guys do for the community. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kriegun; 05-25-2015, 05:34:54 PM.

That second idea sounds cool actually. Problem is there really isn't a lot of naming consistency in regards to how codes are named. You might find a lot of Hit Anywhere results, but that's because it's the same guy adding those (Nolberto). The moment more people start to add similar codes, the names start to change. But I guess it's a nice option to have, if it's easy enough to implement.

Comment

The first idea I will definitely look at. The second idea has come up before, and I will think on that as well.

I have been really busy irl, and things aren't going to be slowing down yet, either. I can't give you an eta, but I will keep it in mind the next time I sit down to dev.
      Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Awesome Rimsky! Thanks for considering them. Just let me know if/when something is added. I'll be sure to spread the news on all the appropriate forums and get some more traffic coming to the site.

Comment

I would love #1 to happen. You have no idea how much of a massive pain in the anus the Retroarch cht format is - it can take an hour to hand-convert a single game's codes.

Comment

Working...
          X