What's happened to Emuasylum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happened to Emuasylum?

Anybody know what's happened to Emuasylum? This is the longest dead period I know of for them.
    I come from a smart family...In the Civil War, my great-grandpa fought for the WEST.

i think i rememer something like that but i still like playing fire emblem gaiden alot with your codes man so i think its time to bring up a new leaf on hacking more codes for awsome old rpgs ok

Comment

I have no idea, but it wasn't that great really. You could only download the small files, any CD or CHD games were pay-only.

Now, emuparadise is one of the best so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil The Hammer View Post
        Anybody know what's happened to Emuasylum? This is the longest dead period I know of for them.

Emuasylum constantly goes dead for hours at a time multiple times a week during random hours of the day/night. But as you've pointed out, this is the longest down time I've experienced. I was thinking the exact same question a week ago. I even Googled it to try to find an answer but I had no luck finding any recent posts on the matter. I'm starting to think the worse now. I hope that's not the case but whataya gonna do.

As Rey stated, Emuparadise is bigger and better. It's probably the best site that currently exists. It's great for MAME as well. The only negative aspects of that site is there are a fair amount of popups and it takes more clicks and time to get to your desired file than most other sites, partly due to their one-time verification process. But there's a trick to block the popups if you click on the Simus Metroid character. Or you can just do what I do and be sure to have an Ad Blocker enabled while surfing in the paradise. I would still use Emuasylum when I wanted a quick download or more importantly, in the rare occasions that emuparadise does not have a file that I am looking for.

CoolROM and NitroROMs aint too shabby either. I'd recommend you check them out if you hadn't already. I've used all four sites mentioned and never caught a virus or any other malware. But just to play on the safe side, I would always recommend scanning all files downloaded with an antivirus program.
        Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 09-19-2012, 01:12:40 AM.
        Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

^What about DopeROMs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly Hedgehog View Post
            ^What about DopeROMs?
            I don't like that site. That website would be my last resort. I've only needed to use that website once and that was to find an outdated version of an emulator that I needed (Sega Model 2 Emulator if I remember correctly.)

There are way too many advertisements on that site. But most alarming, is the way that website is set up... how it tries to (for lack of a better word) "trick" you into clicking the wrong "Download" link and instead it is actually an ad that leads you to a potentially malicious website. I don't trust websites that try to trick people.
            Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 09-19-2012, 09:37:18 PM.
            Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

yikes! i don't know that! then i'll stick around with Emuparadise

Comment

Emuasylum is still out of commission. What a shame.

Comment

Who cares.

This is what bothers me: you have a site that sets a daily limit, asks for money if you want to have unlimited downloads, asks for money to download big files (isos, chds), doesn't have all the games (such as Nintendo games) and is constantly going down. That's not a good service if you are going to be asking for money.

Now, on the other hand you have emuparadise: it's free (you can donate if you wish), you can download anything you want since there's no limit, you have direct links and filesharing links and is pretty much always up and running. So, why is everyone crying over an inferior product?

Reminds me of the No$cash emu author, that asked for money but provided horrible "customer service", as in, you couldn't get in contact with him to report bugs or request features. He hardly updated too, just like the Magic Engine author.

Thank god for VBA and Ootake. Free and still being updated.
                  Last edited by ReyVGM; 11-12-2012, 11:57:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReyVGM View Post
                    I have no idea, but it wasn't that great really. You could only download the small files, any CD or CHD games were pay-only.

Now, emuparadise is one of the best so far.
                    Yes Indeed Emuparadise is one the best ROM site game in the history of mankind as well as "theoldcomputer" website!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
                      I don't like that site. That website would be my last resort. I've only needed to use that website once and that was to find an outdated version of an emulator that I needed (Sega Model 2 Emulator if I remember correctly.)

There are way too many advertisements on that site. But most alarming, is the way that website is set up... how it tries to (for lack of a better word) "trick" you into clicking the wrong "Download" link and instead it is actually an ad that leads you to a potentially malicious website. I don't trust websites that try to trick people.
                      Yes. me neither but if you ask me that was my first site when I entered to search roms even though my first emulator and game was JNES and Super Mario Brothers 1 of course these I have found them back a few years ago when the Megaupload was alive.
                      Last edited by PEOPLECANFLY; 11-13-2012, 01:10:50 AM.

Comment

Who cares.
                        It was one of the better ROM sites. It's always nice to have multiple ROM sites in case one shuts down or in case a file can be found at one site, but not the other. Like the saying goes... "The more the merrier."

This is what bothers me: you have a site that sets a daily limit, asks for money if you want to have unlimited downloads
                        I didn't recall or notice any daily limits. The only limitation that I remember was what you said about not being able to download ISOs and CHDs without donating money, which is lame.

That's not a good service if you are going to be asking for money.
                        Agreed.

He hardly updated too, just like the Magic Engine author.
                        That was part of the both author's catch. The Magic Engine author says that if you purchase his product, you will get free updates, etc. The No$Cash author basically says the same in that you will have access to the newest versions of the emulator. But there hasn't been a new Magic Engine release in about a half a decade. So it's kind of lying to the customer, or at the very least, misleading the customer.

Now, on the other hand you have emuparadise: it's free (you can donate if you wish), you can download anything you want since there's no limit, you have direct links and filesharing links and is pretty much always up and running. So, why is everyone crying over an inferior product?
                        Yep. As I previously stated, emuparadise is the best one.
                        Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 11-13-2012, 02:16:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post

I didn't recall or notice any daily limits. The only limitation that I remember was what you said about not being able to download ISOs and CHDs without donating money, which is lame.
                          Yes, there was a 100 meg limit.

Comment

Yes, there was a 100 meg limit.
                            NitroROMs has a daily limit of 1 GB.

Comment

And emuparadise has a daily limit of infinity.

Comment

Working...
                              X