No announcement yet.

From The WTF Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case against League of Legends player who reportedly made terrorist threat to move forward

Judge denies 19 year old Justin Carter's motion to dismiss the case.

By Eddie Makuch on December 24, 2013

The case against a Texas teenager who was jailed after an argument from League of Legends spilled over onto Facebook is going to move forward. A judge denied the motion to dismiss the case against 19-year-old Justin Carter this week, as reported by Texas news site KENS5.

Carter was arrested in March after he said on Facebook following a League of Legends match that he was going to "shoot up" a school and "eat their still beating hearts," according to his father.

He reportedly followed up these comments with "LOL" and "JK." A woman in Canada saw his comments and informed the police, who arrested Carter for making a terrorist threat.

Carter's comments came just months after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, where 20 children and six adults were killed. An "anonymous Good Samaritan" posted Carter's $500,000 bail in July.

His lawyer said Carter's comments were "clearly" sarcastic, and prosecutors would have known that if they examined the entire Facebook comment thread, he argued. A new date for the case has not been announced.

Carter faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.
    The Hackmaster

Comment

That is alil ridiculous, but the kid is dumb for making any joking comments like that, especially right after Sandy Hook. The judge should sentence him to just a few hours community service... not for his "terrorist threats", but just for being dumb which resulted in wasting law enforcement resources. The investigation time used/wasted here, could have been utilized on a real threat. That's one of the many reasons why you don't joke around with crap like that. Immaturity.
      Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 12-25-2013, 06:00:18 AM.
      Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

It's also another reason to stay off of Facebook and Twitter.
        The Hackmaster

Comment

I've never been a fan of social media sites like them. Twitter is just one big advertisement used by celebrities to advertise their likeness, products, ideas, and everything else that makes them money or promotes their well being. Most people don't realize they are being tricked into following one big commercial advertisement. It's like willfully watching one long television commercial and not realizing it's a commercial. And to hide this scam, they let the average person tweet too, tweets that nobody cares about and which helps disguise the main agenda of Twitter. The advertisers no longer have to seek out the consumers... the consumers now seek out the advertisers.
          Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 12-26-2013, 02:06:25 AM.
          Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

Tweet is trickster! We must stop now or it will be late. Same as fb/other shit. Theyre fake! Anydood can foolin around with beiber at bath snap! If anydood wanna good social cybertouch, am sugest skype since theyre truly social media! I can seejo, you can see me, and we can saiddood together
            dood! im a uniter, not a divider dood

Comment

Employers - the first thing that they do is check Facebook and Twitter before they hire you.
              The Hackmaster

Comment

The Chain Fountain

By tykky

A video showing a chain of beads behaving in a very peculiar way appeared on YouTube some time ago. Many people attempted to provide explanations, but most of them weren't quite satisfactory.

Later, two physicists published a paper (pay walled) on the phenomenon and posted a video discussing it on the Royal Society YouTube channel. They also talk about the educational value of the demonstration and the analysis in the video.

The Hackmaster

Comment

Man Sues Dentist For Allegedly Pulling Out All His Perfectly Healthy Teeth
                  The Hackmaster

Comment

Juneau man escapes on skiff as police find 141 marijuana plants

There's something kind of outlaw romantic about the police raiding your home and finding enough dried pot to fill a 55 gallon garbage bag, but you escape the long arm of the law by sailing away on a skiff O_o

By Nathaniel Herz

A Juneau, AK man escaped authorities in a small boat Friday as city police, Alaska State Troopers and federal officers raided his house and found 141 marijuana plants and enough dried pot to fill a 55 gallon garbage bag.

The man, whose name police won’t release, was already in a skiff near his Juneau home on Dock Street when officers arrived Friday afternoon, said Lt. Kris Sell, who was supervising the Juneau Police Department officers in the operation.

Along the way, authorities had already stopped the man’s girlfriend and she or someone else may have tipped him off to the raid, Sell said in a phone interview Saturday.

“We have a sergeant with JPD standing on the shore, yelling at him,” Sell said. “He yells an obscenity and then leaves in the skiff. I don’t know if he’s still on the water, if he has snuck back to the house because the house is near the water - where he might be at this point.”

(The obscenity hurled by the man, Sell clarified, was "Fuck you.")

The U.S. Coast Guard ultimately sent a patrol boat in search of the man but hasn’t found him yet, Sell said.

She added that the man wasn’t considered dangerous or violent but she said authorities still want to talk to him.

“Somebody in a skiff in Alaska can rush out and get themselves into trouble,” she said. “This is about marijuana - it’s not worth getting hurt over. Come and face the music.”

Alaskans voted to legalize recreational marijuana use last year but people can only possess up to six plants at a time, three of which can be mature. Juneau police said in a press release that they were investigating the man for possession of more than 25 marijuana plants, a felony.

Sell said the the search of the man’s house came after a “reliable tip,” but she wouldn’t reveal additional details.

Authorities found the marijuana plants growing in various stages, from seedlings to plants 3 feet high, according to the press release.

Officers also found a handgun, a bulletproof vest, cash and “elaborate growing equipment," including lights and inverters. A surveillance system with cameras was linked to a computer in the man’s living room.

The home is in an area of Juneau that sits next to Auke Bay. Sell said it wouldn’t have been hard to track the man down but added, “Of course, when you go to serve a search warrant on a house, you don’t have a boat ready.”

“With a small skiff, you can put in anywhere,” she said. “If somebody wants to hide, they may be difficult to find for a while.”
                    The Hackmaster

Comment

WTF??

BY WFLA web staff

CITRUS COUNTY, FL (WFLA) – A woman ate sushi, cinnamon rolls and the majority of a rotisserie chicken, drinking wine while driving a motorized shopping cart at a Walmart, according to the Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. She was arrested for shoplifting and other charges.

It happened at the Lecanto Walmart Tuesday. Citrus deputies responded after the store loss prevention employee contacted them about an alleged shoplifter he had in custody. The employee told deputies that he had noticed the woman acting suspiciously driving the motorized shopping card.

He could see a half-empty bottle of wine in her cart. He also said he watched her grab a box of sushi from the shelf, eat a piece and put the box back. She did the same with cinnamon rolls and mini muffins. He saw her eat the majority of a rotisserie chicken while on the shopping floor.

The woman, Josseleen Elida Lopez, 20, consumed $32.36 worth of food and wine while at the store, including cinnamon rolls, mini muffins, two bottles of S. Home wine and a rotisserie chicken with sauce.

When the deputies arrested her, they found two empty syringes, one in her purse and one in her backpack. She told detectives she had used the syringes to shoot up meth earlier.

When they asked her why she took the food she said she was hungry and didn’t want to bring it outside of the store. She told them she knew that what she was doing was wrong.

She was arrested on shoplifting and drug paraphernalia charges.
                      Last edited by dlevere; 12-26-2015, 02:21:23 AM.
                      The Hackmaster

Comment

Woman tweets about her poop disaster while on a first date

By news.com.au

We want this story to be true so badly.

HERE’S a PSA: Don’t read this story while eating.

So this girl on Twitter has posted an OMG-I-can’t-believe-what-I’m-reading series of tweets.

We can’t verify her story, but we want so badly for it to be true.

And it seems the rest of the world does too, because her tweets have been liked and retweeted thousands of times.

Basically, she went on a date and needed to poo really badly. So she did. At the guy’s house.

It all went downhill from there, and she documented the whole thing on Twitter.

Enjoy.
                        I have a story to tell. It is about my poop— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        So, yesterday I went on a date with a man who asked me out in the grocery store the other day. All was going well. I went back to his place— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        I am a confident, calm and self assured woman...so I felt comfortable popping in his bathroom. This was a mistake. His toilet did not flush— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        Properly. So, of course, like any calm, confident, self assured woman. I panicked. And flushed it a million times, making everything worse— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        By this point, I was really frantic because I had been in there for too long. There was only one single piece of poop. So in that moment— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        Something came over me. And I knew exactly what I had to do. I got toilet paper and removed the one poop from the toilet. Once that was done— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        I realized I didn't have a plan. What do I do with it now? I can't fucking leave it there. By this point I was REALLY freaking out because— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        I'd DEFINITELY been in there too long. So, again, making another horrible decision. I did the only thing I could think to do. I wrapped it— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        In multiple layers of toilet paper, and put it in my purse— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        Alright, so now what? We are sitting there on his couch and kissing and all I can think of is the piece of poop in my purse— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        Him: you're so beautiful. The moment you smiled at me, u had me
                        Me: that's really sweet
                        Me in my head: I have a piece of my poo in my purse— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        At this point, I text my sister for advice pic.twitter.com/lMeX55iiH4— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        Try to flush the poop. So I brought my purse up to the washroom. Unwrapped the poop, prayed to every god I know, put it in and flushed— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        By the grace of God, it worked. The poo flushed. I was free. I was in the clear. Everything was going to be okay. I survived.I am a survivor— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        So that's my story. A man, sat there telling me I'm the most amazing woman he's ever met, not knowing, 10 feet away in my purse, was my poop— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        That I'd fished out of his toilet...— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        This is v embarrassing for me. But seriously: don't drink coffee before a date, its better to be sleepy than to have to hide poop in ur purse— misunderstood worm (@_blotty) March 22, 2016
                        THE END.
                        The Hackmaster

Comment

A Graffiti Artist Painted A Road Runner Tunnel On A Wall And Somebody Tried To Drive Through It

By Kirstie McCrum

These hilarious pictures show what happens when you don't pay close enough attention to the road

A driver got the fright of his life when he tried to drive through a tunnel - only to find out it was PAINTED onto a wall.

The bizarre incident was something straight out of a Road Runner cartoon.

The wall even featured an image of the cheeky fast-moving bird made famous by Looney Tunes peering at the tunnel.

It was no laughing matter for the driver though, as it left his car in quite a state.

The image, shared on Reddit by user Miss Reb entitled "So this happened...", shows the before and after scene, and the driver of the red Fiat managed to take a smash to the front of his car.

Painted tunnels were a trick often used by Road Runner's nemesis Wile E Coyote to stop the bird in its tracks, although it always outsmarted him.

Maud_Approved spoke her mind when she said: "Who expected this not to happen?" while Greub said: "He's lucky, a train could've come out of there."

The real Wile E Coyote couldn't have made that tunnel work for him either:

The Hackmaster

Comment

Is someone waiting above the unseen balcony in the first picture waiting to drop an anvil on the unsuspecting would-be driver passing through?
                            "Roll The Bones" - Rush
                            Patreon.com/nensondubois Twitter #nensondubois_Youtube.com/user/nensondubois

Comment

Man dies after jumping out of moving truck over argument about tattoo Click image for larger version

Name:	browraise.png
Views:	39
Size:	450 Bytes
ID:	162908
                              The Hackmaster

Comment

The Latest Priceless Art Restoration Disaster Is One for the History Books

The Hackmaster

Comment

Working...
                                X