X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Roy Halladay

Roy Halladay, 40, dies in plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...sh-gulf-mexico

He was my favorite baseball player. He was the best pitcher in baseball from 2002 to 2011. He was the AL Cy Young Award Winner in 2003 and the NL Cy Young Award Winner in 2010. In 2010, he pitched the 20th perfect game in MLB history and followed it with only the 2nd no-hitter in postseason history. Hopefully, he'll get elected to the Hall of Fame.
    Last edited by terpsfan101; 11-07-2017, 05:25:39 PM.

Sad to hear...I remember when he played for the Phillies.
    The Hackmaster

Comment

I remember watching his second career start in 1998 where he lost a no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning. You could tell then he was going to be a great pitcher. He struggled badly for a few seasons after that, but when he figured it out he became the premier pitcher in the game over the next decade. Then all of a sudden he got hurt in 2012 and couldn't get anybody out anymore. It's amazing how fast he lost it. But he handled it well. Nobody worked harder than him. He retired without any regrets. Since he retired, I had always hoped that he would attempt a comeback. He re-invented himself so many times during his career, he probably could have made a successful comeback. But he had already moved on to the next successful phase of his life. He was a great guy. He had a great sense of humor and was extremely humble. He will be missed.

Comment

Working...
      X