Robber stabbed during burglary wants to sue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robber stabbed during burglary wants to sue

A California man in jail for a failed robbery attempt at Starbucks is considering suing the good Samaritan who stepped in and stopped him, saying the customer used excessive force.

ABC 7 reports that Flores' parents think Jerri went too far trying to stop Flores from robbing the store.

His mother, Pamela Chimenti, said her son almost died twice in the emergency room from the stab wounds and the family is considering a lawsuit.

In surveillance video from the store, Flores is seen entering the Starbucks wearing a "Transformers" Optimus Prime mask and brandishing a gun.

Ryan Michael Flores wants to sue the Starbucks customer who stopped him from robbing the store. (Fresno Police Department)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.3508750
    Last edited by dlevere; 01-11-2018, 03:52:16 AM. Reason: Deleted YouTube Video
    The Hackmaster

Typical millennial mindset, unfortunately: "How DARE you interfere with my attempt to violate the law! I'm gonna sue!" Pfff...what has this world come to?
    Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

Two important things to consider before indulging in Get-off-my-lawnism: Firstly, the good Samaritan stabbed the criminal 17 times, which may be sort of excessive. I would tend to think it'd be justified by the fact that he was stabbed first, allegedly by accident, during the scuffle. It's not ideal, but I imagine if someone stabbed me, and I managed to not keel over and get the knife, I'd probably give back a little more than I might if I hadn't been hurt. Still, 17 times. There's room for an argument there. Secondly, the robber's parents are thinking this lawsuit is a good idea, and reading between the lines, it sounds like his mother might have planted the seed. I sincerely doubt they're among the wicked Millenials we've read about in all those think pieces, unless they started their family aged 10.

Comment

The principle is this--the guy shouldn't have attempted to rob the Starbucks in the first place. So that's what makes the lawsuit sound so ridiculous.

Comment

If any lawsuit is ever filed, it will probably be dismissed early on unless new facts are discovered that are especially impressive. Depending on the situation, though, threatening or filing suit may be the easiest way to ensure the incident is at least fully investigated. Based on the video, I think the Samaritan might have to blurt out that he very much wanted the robber dead during an interview for the suit to get very far, or for him to get into any trouble period. If he'd stopped stabbing around the third or fourth time, it probably wouldn't even be up for debate.

The family could also just be seeing dollar signs. I don't really know.

My principle is this: It often seems like a few of you guys just read the headlines, leaven them with whatever tangential prejudices you're passionate about today, like Millennials in this case, and then share your outrage. It's sort of tiresome. I can get that from my family on Facebook.

Comment

I never expressed outrage. I just consider the whole idea of an aspiring Starbucks robber suing because he was foiled in his attempt to commit a crime eye-rolling ridiculous.

Comment

Burglar who injured nuts during break in sues shopkeeper
              The Hackmaster

Comment

Both odd.

1st guy walks into Starbucks with a fake gun and Optimus Prime mask and it doesn't work so he pulls out his knife. Somebody hit him with a chair, they fall to the ground and have a struggle so the robber stabs him in the neck. The dude gets the knife from the robber and instead stabs him 17 times, and that's a lot of stab wounds to survive. I'm not sure of how severe the situation was or how bad that stab to the neck was, but once the robber stabbed the dude in the neck, I kind of can't really give any leniency to him.

2nd guy breaks into closed store and supposedly ran into a shelf causing a scrotum cut and he wants to sue. There's no footage of anything, supposedly the robbers destroyed all footage. Unless they find that guy's blood on something, how can they prove he even got injured in the store specifically? And even if they did prove it, they are the ones that broke through the window with a sledgehammer and ran the second authority got there. Can't really blame somebody for the crime of having a shelf in a specific spot in their store that they wouldn't have guessed a robber would run into and injure himself.

Just news of the loony we get to hear about. Still waiting for the day where I see a case where some guy punches a child in the face for no reason and then sues the child for hurting his hand on the kid's face.
                July 7, 2019

https://www.4shared.com/s/fLf6qQ66Zee
                https://www.sendspace.com/file/jvsdbd

Comment

Working...
                X