Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Philly Tribute To Prince: Morris Day And Sheila E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Philly Tribute To Prince: Morris Day And Sheila E.

8 blocks from my house. I will try and record a video of Morris Day and The Time and Sheila E. dlevere. 8-)

By Haywood Brewster

Two of Prince’s closest collaborators and longtime friends – Morris Day and Sheila E. – will headline a free concert in West Philadelphia at 50th Street and Baltimore Avenue at the 2017 Neighborhood-to-Neighborhood (N2N) street festival in tribute to the pop music icon. Music giants in their own right, Morris Day, the charismatic bandleader of Morris Day and The Time, and Sheila E., renowned percussionist, drummer and singer, both created timeless music with Prince in the 1980's.

A friend of Prince’s since childhood, Morris Day famously costarred in Prince’s groundbreaking 1984 movie “Purple Rain,” which catapulted Prince into super stardom and spawned the blockbuster Prince album of the same name.

Prince’s protégé and one-time fiancé Sheila E. was also a major player in the Purple Rain extravaganza opening for Prince on his epic ‘84-‘85 Purple Rain tour, which ran for a massive 98 shows. Unquestionably two of music’s most notable names profoundly tied to Prince, Morris Day and Sheila E. will play individual sets as headliners of the festival performing their own hits and covering some of Prince’s in honor of the beloved singer, songwriter and showman.

“To some people, it’s just about him as an entertainer, but he represents a type of inclusion.

So if you went to a Prince concert, you see somebody of all different backgrounds: Jews, Italians, Irish, black, Asian. You know, it didn’t matter. They all come to see Prince,” said Senator Anthony Williams.

Morris Day and The Time and Sheila E. are headlining. DJ Questlove, rapper PnB Rock and comedian Skeet are performing. Radio personality Patty Jackson and comedian TuRae are cohosting. More than 5,000 people from across the region will enjoy the festival throughout the day.

PROGRAM:

Saturday September 16, 2017 from 12:00 to 8:00 p.m.

1:00 p.m. opening ceremony; 2:00 p.m. Sheila E.; 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. DJ Questlove, rapper PnB Rock, comedian Skeet and a variety of local music artists; 7:00 p.m. Morris Day and The Time. Early arrivals at the festival may enter a raffle for artist meet-and-greet and VIP access opportunities and collect a free commemorative Prince T-shirt on a first-come, first- served basis.

In addition to a free concert, there will be free food, health screenings, a variety of craft and food vendors, sports demonstrations, community resource tables, a children’s zone with rides, games, prizes and face painting and a senior tent with activities, resources and bingo. Senator Williams is partnering with the Black Women in Sport Foundation to present the 2017 N2N street festival.

N2N:

The Neighborhood-to-Neighborhood (N2N) street festival is a free daylong community event State Senator Anthony Hardy Williams created in 1989 as a peaceful and enjoyable way for families and community members to connect and engage with one another. After a six-year hiatus, N2N made

a triumphant return last year with a free concert from Grammy and Oscar- Winning rapper, actor and activist Common.

N2N began as a community cookout before expanding over the years into a major family festival stretching five city blocks, boasting big-name performances and attracting thousands from the region. The festival brings an array of communities together to enjoy food, music, live entertainment and each other.
    The Hackmaster

The Hackmaster

Comment

Who knows where you can find a poster of many events and interesting activities at once?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasper View Post
        Who knows where you can find a poster of many events and interesting activities at once?
        Hi, I'll try to help with this case. It helped me a lot in my time, for example, that I found on the topic of the event, which worries me. Here too you can have a look here at environmental art and maybe you too will be interested in this topic to visit. You can find a lot of like-minded people there. I think it is definitely worth it, I got a lot for myself there and was able to better understand the problems that exist in this area. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X