This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Rarest PS2 Games - Most Expensive PS2 Games

Here are some of the most sought after and expensive games on the PlayStation 2. These games are getting harder to find, so if you happen to see one make sure to snag it.

The Hackmaster

i won't to watch video. just post the name of rarest PS2 games here

Comment

what
      The Hackmaster

Comment

He doesn't want to have to watch the video. He wants a list of the rarest games in text form. At least that's what I got out of his post.
        Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

WTF how lazy can you get watch the video
          The Hackmaster

Comment

Originally posted by dlevere
            WTF how lazy can you get ...
            Quite lazy.
            I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

The dude didn't really give a single number on any of those games, just a price range they normally sell for now. It's basically a list of games that sell between $40-$100, except for Rule Of Rose which somehow goes to $200.

I had Rule Of Rose and never finished it. It made no sense the entire few hours I played. I didn't get the slightest hint of hypersexuality out of it, just crazy children torturing and killing people or whatever it was and leaving very weird notes behind that never made any sense.

I have Kuon but have still never played it either even though I've heard nothing but great things about it. Sounds like my kind of game but I can't bring myself to take the time to set anything up to play anything that old or even take the time to play it even though I have nothing better to do now since I have no consoles.

Haunting Ground was interesting and fun the mess with for codes. I rolled my eyes that people found boob size modifier codes and all, and then I found codes to make them crazy jiggly making me no better.

Fatal Frame 2 was the 1st of that series I played and the other 2 were harder to find so they must be rarer around my area or something. That game was incredible and the ending kind of sad, and that motivates you to play on hard to see the less depressing ending. Fatal Frame 1 was kind of weird compared to the next 2 of them, kind of their first attempt I guess. Fatal Frame 3 was great too, just people getting sucked into a killer dream that leaves slowly increases hallucinations while awake.

I don't know any of the others, and notice that whole list is US games. I guess the guy didn't bother with games in Europe or Japan.

I can think of a game that has a rareness to people in the US though. Forbidden Siren 2. The 1st was a royal pain in the ass and the 2nd supposedly superior and far better for people seeking those odd kind of horror games. It was released in Japan with no English dub or subtitles but runs on NTSC format for TV so it can be played on a US TV so I you'll need to know Japanese. It was released in Europe with English dubbing and probably subtitles too, but works on PAL format so it can't be played on a US TV without some kind of adapter that I'd be too lazy to hunt for online. I found the PAL version but it causes the game to crash because of my NTSC TV. Couldn't find the Japanese version to see if I could try merging some junk. I made a manual attempt at using a code to change the format to NTSC the lazy way but it never worked with that sceblahblahgraph thing.
              July 7, 2019

https://www.4shared.com/s/fLf6qQ66Zee
              https://www.sendspace.com/file/jvsdbd

Comment

I can't tell if it's me or not but a few buttons no longer seem to be working correctly, can't edit or quote or anything. I glanced through that video again, that's just a list of games that are still expensive. It should be called "15 expensive PS2 games in 2017" or something, just a little mention of some of the games not releasing a ton of copies but it doesn't sound like all of them are rare.
                July 7, 2019

Comment

Bungholio: We're currently upgrading various features on the site, and as a side-effect the forums are experiencing some issues. It should be fixed shortly.

Comment

I can sort of see why somebody would rather get text than a video. Some content just doesn't seem worthy of video, and YouTube definitely encourages padding the run-time, if you're interested in making money from your uploads. If your video is nothing but someone reading a list of bullet points with 3-5 sentences each, I'd prefer the option to read it as an article. The worst cases are when nobody even provides commentary in a video, and it could easily be replaced with a short HTML file.

A couple of days ago I decided to put custom firmware and some homebrew on a Wii U, and half the information being shared seemed to come mainly in the form of YouTube videos that were just five minutes of some silent goof clicking around in Windows. Some of the videos seemed to be recorded on 4K monitors, but with the lowest possible capture settings. Even on 1080p and fullscreen, they were mostly illegible. Luckily installing the firmware was pretty well documented outside of YouTube, but I ended up winging it on pretty much everything else. I get that video can be instructional for people who are in the woods with anything too technical, but they aren't a replacement for a good manual or help file. For one thing, I can actually search a manual, as opposed to randomly advancing and rewinding, and trying to remember if the illegible file listing was in step 4 or step 14.

All that being said, this video doesn't really fit any of the categories apart from being a channel-padding listicle. I can see why you might not want to spend eleven and a half minutes on it, but this guy is actually putting some effort into producing the content. He really needs a pop filter, though.

Comment

Jesus H. Christ....finally able to post after 2 days while using IE...Site needs to be fixed for Firefox users, because I couldn't do anything while using Firefox with NoScript and UBlock Origin installed.
                      The Hackmaster

Comment

Originally posted by dlevere View Post
                        Jesus H. Christ....finally able to post after 2 days while using IE...Site needs to be fixed for Firefox users, because I couldn't do anything while using Firefox with NoScript and UBlock Origin installed.
                        For the record, I've been using Firefox the entire time, and I've been fine. But, I did have to log back in, by navigating to the forums from the main site, and using the login mechanism at the top right. I think if you had the forums bookmarked using the old URL, that may have caused the issue you were experiencing. We're looking into creating a redirect for that, but in the meantime, you should be good to go now.

Glad you got back in.

Comment

I've been using Firefox the whole time and I've always been able to get into here every day, just some of the buttons acting weird. Post was double posting and giving errors, edit and quote did nothing, and probably more buttons failing during that time that I forgot.

That video could also just give a list, but it should be titled "Expensive PS2 games" instead of "Rare PS2 games". It's not entirely rare games, just still expensive here in 2017. I'm never going to research it, but there's probably very rare games with far fewer copies released than some of those in the list that nobody knows or cares about, but just 100% guessing.
                          Last edited by bungholio; 08-24-2017, 05:55:47 PM.
                          July 7, 2019

Comment

Same here--I use Firefox, and have no problems. It was only the transition from the old site to this version that caused bugs (mainly just double-post stuff). Now that the new forums are up and running, there are no more bugs. Yup--Lazy Bastard hit them with a good ol' spray of RAID!
                            Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

Working...
                            X