PS2 audio swapping question... all theoretical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 audio swapping question... all theoretical

Say you have a PS2 game that uses SVAG ADPCM audio. Say you want to use another audio format, like just plain old VAG format PCM, or any other audio format supported by the Playstation 2. This seems like a stupid question, but given the lack of tools to make proper SVAG ADPCM format audio, and the availability of tools to convert wav into other formats recognized by the PS2, like VAG, what would it possibly take so far as messing with the game code to make it so you could swap out an audio track that was in the SVAG format, with audio in another one of these recognized formats, and have it work?

I'm still into trying to make custom music work with the PS2 Dance Dance Revolution mixes, and as part of my research in getting audio works, I gotta think up new ways of attempting to solve the problem of "how can I possibly get custom music working?" - this is just one of the brain farts related to that work. >_<
    Last edited by travelsonic; 10-18-2015, 04:13:45 PM.

That has nothing to do with what this forum is about. It's best if you either post this in the Lounge forum, or visit the Romhacking.org site forum for someone that might actually help you replacing sound files.

Comment

whoops, mybad, heh ... hopefully a mod can move it to the right place.

Comment

hcs64 would be a better place to ask this as they specifically deal in game music.

Comment

Working...
        X